• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opus X Lancero from 2004, a gift from a generous BTOL. I must admit this one tested my sea legs, but I managed.

Doc.

Opus X Lancero from 2004, a gift from a generous BTOL. I must admit this one tested my sea legs, but I managed.

Doc.
Very nice Doc!!!

I'm enjoying the day, and a Mariners win over the Yanks, with a PAM Exclusivo... :love:

Padilla 1932 Toro - A recent favorite!

Later - a San Cristobal Guajiro to round out a Pepin day! :D

Diamond Crown #7 Maduro did the trick for me tonight.

Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles
CAO Brazilia Gol!
Finishing up a Rocky Patel Sun Grown Petit Corona as I type this...

Gotta cut back...

mac

Smoked a Cabaiguan corona extra last night. I wouldn't turn one down if offered to me, but I won't be buying more of them. It was slightly, just slightly, bitter, with a grassy flavor.

Smoked my last Sancho Panza Bachilleres from 1998. I noticed this cigar starting to get a slight mold on it. So it was a definite canidate for the flame. What and enjoyable cigar, slight tightness in the draw but a delight just the same. A mild to medium smoke that was enjoyable all the way through. I'm just sorry that was the last of them. :(

Famous Nic. 3000 Gran Robusto... might still get in another smoke, not sure yet.

Brandon

Well...it's been a while since I posted anything because our internet has been absolute crapola out here on the sea for the last couple weeks after we left the Gulf. We're in Hong Kong right now, and I have a little better bandwidth. :) Enough poppycock.

Smokes I've had lately...

Davidoff Robusto Millennium Blend

Diamond Crown Maximus Tubo (No. 4 I think...can't remember. :p )

AVO L.E. 07' on the day I reenlisted. (Awesome smoke) My reenlistment day was our beer day as well, so I got to enjoy beer and cigars while having a nice BBQ on the ship. Quite memorable to say the least.

God of Fire Don Carlos Robusto

Meh. I know it seems as if all I've been tokin' on is the good stuff. Lol. I've been saving a lot of these for the end of deployment and boy was it worth it. Plus I just got some more the other day, so I'm doing well. :) Lol.

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature Natural. Smoked at the Thursday night round table. What a dissapointment. No distinctive flavor. It might be the box because someone else smoked one the night before and didn't even finish it. I thought, "well, Raj doesn't like anything. I should try it just to see." I want my eleven bucks and thirty minutes back.

...I want my eleven bucks and thirty minutes back.

11 bucks for a Hemingway. Goodness, I thought 8 was bad enough! Too bad you didn't enjoy it. I love the Hemingways usually.

Last night I had a DPG Blue Label that I have been holding on to for almost two years. It was a pretty good smoke, although my sinuses started acting up and it made it difficult. Then I had a Famous Nic 1000 on my lunch break this morning.

Brandon

While listening to Jayhawk football, I enjoyed a Padron 4000 Maduro and Outlaw's Fonseca Bad to the Bone Belicoso. The game and the smokes were superb!!

Pepin 601 Black label. Started very peppery and oily, strong to the point of being borderline harsh. Very unpleasant when expelling smoke nasally. In the middle third, an unusual tasty flavor developed that I could not pin down. If I had to toss a word on it, I'd say "beef on toast." the final third got progressively rougher and more harsh as the smoke stayed superdense and oily. I could take a mouthful, open my mouth and nothing would happen for a few seconds. And then this dense, oily smoke would slowly roll out and down. Crazy stuff!

This cigar is just too rough to smoke young. If it ages well and loses that harsh edge and if the flavors in the middle third stretched out to the rest of the smoke, this will be a knockout, unusual cigar.

Wilkey

Last night was a Rocky Patel Old World Reserve Maduro Torpedo. I have smoked the natural shade in the past and it was enjoyable. I was really looking forward to the maduro. Not a bad smoke, but not really a great smoke either. This little torpedo is pretty expensive (bout 10.00) so I have been reluctant to fill the humi up with them. My impression was that it was too mild for me. Maybe I've been smoking too much Pepin here lately, but when I smoke a maduro, I want to know it's a maduro. The RP OWR just didn't do that for me.

Smokin' another RP sungrown factory select petit corona as I type this. Great morning smoke with coffee, and all around great price!

mac

This little torpedo is pretty expensive (bout 10.00) so I have been reluctant to fill the humi up with them.

Well from what I hear Rocky is lowering the price on these cigars by $3. He wants to make them more affordable. :thumbs:

I had a Padron '26 #1!! :thumbs: This was a GREAT cigar. The only problem I had was that towards the end of the smoke I started to get the tar/sap flavor. I figured there was just a little buildup, so I clipped the end several times, but the taste did not go away. It finally went away for a few puff, but came back so I put it down. :(

Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.