• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed a '98 SLR Lonnie last night. It was my first SLR and offered a unique flavor. :thumbs:

Last night herfin with the DFW guys I had a La Riqueza Robusto that was excellent.

Later that night I had the first Tatuaje I was actually impressed with. A Tatuaje Zona Del Este courtesy of Rebel Herfer (thanks Jeff) and it was damn good. I am not really a fan of the regular brown labels and have not gotten around to trying the Havana VI yet...guess I'll have to find more of these.

Had a great Monte No. 4 and a glass of ruby port while contemplating my day. I had one of those days that you really don't expect. Nothing really bad happened, but just had a series of crappy/annoying things keep occurring throughout the day. :angry:

~Billy

I just smoked one of the most complex cigars I've smoked in a long time. A Tatuaje Havana VI Artistas I got out of the Blind Leading the Blind Pass. Excellent cigar that changed flavor profiles on me 3 times.

The first third started off with a big spicey black pepper flavor like most Pepins do, the 2nd third kept the pepper flavor but developed a deep rich flavor that I couldn't quite put my hand on, then the last third changed completly and lost the previous flavors but gained a sweet woodsy flavor.

I will definitely be getting more of these!

Smokin a Padilla obsidian right now... It started out a bit unpleasant, as I don't like the licorice taste I was picking up... After the first third, the flavor got spicier and it lost the licorice taste. Besides the burn issues, it is doing pretty well.

Edit: Powerful smoke -- for some reason gave me more of a kick than the last Opus Robosto I smoked. I'm not sure if I liked the flavor profile, but I'm sure it is made for somebody. I don't think I'll be buying another unless I'm looking for a kick.

Had a Padilla 1932 Oscuro Limitada the other night. That's a fantastic cigar. Padilla should make this an annual release cigar like Fuente with the Anejos.

Had a Padilla 1932 Oscuro Limitada the other night. That's a fantastic cigar. Padilla should make this an annual release cigar like Fuente with the Anejos.

I haven't smoked one yet, but they do look pretty! I've got a few laying down so I'll torch one soon enough. Didn't Pepin make these? If so, I think I'd need a freebie before investing roughly $30 bucks a pop on the new batch. The tobacco crop can be a big enough variable in the quality of a cigar without changing the tobacco blender and torcedor.

Yesterday I had a Winston Churchill Checquers, followed by a RASS '06, followed by a DC Lancero. I'm about to head outside with a VR Famosos...

I am just finishing a OneOff Perfecto (i like these guys) and I think I am going to follow it up with a DPG JJ Sublime or i might finish off my last Legends yellow label leaning towards the JJ.

I haven't smoked one yet, but they do look pretty! I've got a few laying down so I'll torch one soon enough. Didn't Pepin make these? If so, I think I'd need a freebie before investing roughly $30 bucks a pop on the new batch. The tobacco crop can be a big enough variable in the quality of a cigar without changing the tobacco blender and torcedor.

Yesterday I had a Winston Churchill Checquers, followed by a RASS '06, followed by a DC Lancero. I'm about to head outside with a VR Famosos...

Damn good smoke Khari, I think you'll enjoy it. Yup these are the Pepin blended ones, but I don't think there are any plans to make any more of the '32's w/ the oscuros wrapper, but I could be wrong. I think the 300 humidors they released is all that wil be made.... just a damn shame!

Burned down Boli PC 05'. Nice size, I am begining to really like the PC. Size together with a good blend made this Boli a treat!!

Yesterday was a good day.

Smoked my first ISOM in celebration of the sixth birthday of one of our dogs. Of the three girls I live with (wife and two dogs), Wingo is the one most likely to want to keep me company outside for the whole cigar from beginning to end, so in the morning I figured I'd toast her with something fancy--a 1998 Bolivar Corona Extra. It was a little tough on the draw (I was warned about that and I forgot to dry-box it for very long) but otherwise very tasty--creamy, chocolaty, and coffee-y.

At night I had an Oliva Serie V Figurado. It too was a little tight on the draw, but otherwise was a fantastic smoke. Gorgeous construction, a nice, lighter-side-of-medium body, and lots of buttery, nutty flavor.

Today if I have time I think I'll try out the Villager Kiel for Saxjazzman's cheapie/bundled cigars review project (might not get to it though), and I haven't yet figured out what I'm going to smoke after my skateboarding session tonight...

I enjoyed the beautiful KC weather by smoking a Nester Reserve Maduro Torpedo while listening to the Royals game. What a great cigar, and when you add in the price (two bucks a stick on CI) -- :thumbs:

Smoked a '98 Bolivar Coronas Extra last night. Suffice it to say, these are ready to smoke if you've got any you're sittin' on!

Yesterday...

ERDM Choix Supreme, and ended the day with an Hoyo de Monterrey Regalos EL...... nice!

Today......

VR Robaina Clasico '00 - one of the best accompanying cigars to a morning cup of coffee I've had so far.

It was another beautiful day here in KC. I fired up our new smoker for the first time and slapped some pork ribs on there. While listening to the Royals game and keeping an eye on the food, I enjoyed three good cigars:

Angel 100 La Meca (thanks to an AVB bomb)
Primos Criollo Rosado Torpedo
Camacho 10th Anniversary Robusto

Now I think I will go enjoy some BBQ!!

Enjoyed a San Cistobal Clasico followed by a Reserva J21 that had about 6 months on it. Both were outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.