• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What in the world are these?!

Apology excepted and I understand your frustration. If my post to Doc was disrespectful, I apologize for that. It certainly was not intended to be disrespectful, but rather point out the deterioration that I/we have all been seeing. As far as respect I think it should be given both ways regardless of how long you have been here.

I usually let grammar stuff go, but this one gets me. I know what you MEANT, but you SAID something totally different. Next time, accept the apology. If you don't like it and reject it, except it.

Lol. Nice catch.

If these are coming out later this year, where the hell did this guy on eBay get these?

In the Feb 2009 issue of CA, in the middle of the Top 25 article, they had a page listing all the "exciting new releases of 2008," and the "Arturo Fuente King T Tubos" were listed there. So, someone, somewhere must have them.

If these are coming out later this year, where the hell did this guy on eBay get these?

In the Feb 2009 issue of CA, in the middle of the Top 25 article, they had a page listing all the "exciting new releases of 2008," and the "Arturo Fuente King T Tubos" were listed there. So, someone, somewhere must have them.

ARTURO FUENTE KING “T” TUBOS​
Made by:​
Tabacalera A. Fuente y Cia., Dom. Rep.

Wrapper:​
U.S.A. Connecticut Shade

Binder:​
Dom. Rep.

Filler:​
Dom. Rep.

Price:​
N/A

Details:​
Tubed cigars are common in the cigar industry,

but Fuente doesn’t produce many of them. The King “T”​
should be out for the holidays. The cigar is purported to​
be a powerful smoke with a Connecticut-shade wrapper.​
Fuente tends to shy away from Connecticut, using more​
Cuban-seed or Cameroon wrapper tobaccos in its blends.

I don't know I heard the call was all hands on deck and abandon ship! This is from a landlubbers prospective.

Not yet, that's because it's a slow leak.

As for the King B, everyone that I've smoked has had a terrible metallic aftertaste. Give me a Cuban Beli anytime. I think I have a box at the bottom of the cooler that has a couple years on 'em, think I'll go pull one out. :love:

Lsat I saw Keystone had two boxes at $108... I bought one... he might still have the other?
Chris

I guess I'm going to have to re-visit the King B, there are a coule that have been sitting since last year. I wasen't too pleased with them then but I guess I have to see if I can find that metallic after taste you all are talking about now.

I think I'll search out one of the two left and smoke it tonight. To B or not to B?

I think I'll search out one of the two left and smoke it tonight. To B or not to B?

Tone - I just went through my humi and looked at one sitting there - all by its lonesome. Was tempted... ???

...then I went for the '06 Boli RC. :thumbs:

Much better... :love:

:D

I revisited one today... and I must say... I'm full-heartedly standing by my word.
Chris

Just to clarify, these are NOT the King B blend, they will have more in common with the Chateau Series as a whole than the King B.

Tone - I just went through my humi and looked at one sitting there - all by its lonesome. Was tempted... ???

I went to look for the two I had left and couldn't find them. Didn't want to look to hard, but did find a recent one that was given to me. I noticed the wrapper was darker than the OR ones I had.

It was an okay smoke, but George you are right the BRC would have been better! Those are my preferred cigars as I keep a few boxes. The problem with them is I can't seem to age them for some reason :laugh:

Just to clarify, these are NOT the King B blend, they will have more in common with the Chateau Series as a whole than the King B.

Thanks for the info Jake!

Let me know when you're planning a Just For Him meeting with Christian, I'll stop by and say hello.

I've had king B's from the different years. The first batch was horrible. A blow torch would have been hard pressed to get a proper burn on it. I agree that it was definitely one of the worst cigars Fuente's put out. Even after several years on the first batch, they suffer from burn issues and what not.

I've had others since and they have been a hit and miss. I had one before my surgery and it burned like a champ. I feel its not as good as the Cuban Beli and its definitely not as good as the 858 SG which in my opinion, is the best SG out there. But since the 858 SG has been cut, that just leaves the sub-par SG's. I don't care for the other SG's that Fuente make that isn't the Cuban Beli or 858 SG.

The best thing to do for a King B is to take it out and let it rest outside the humidor for a few days. No baggies or containers. Just put it on your desk or a humidor and pick it up to smoke like 48 to 72 hours later. Most King B's I've had been on the wet side internally and thus, bad burn problems. Letting it rest for 2 to 3 days allows it to dry out and then hopefully, it will burn better for you.

When these hit the market, I will definitely do my best to get so and then review it.

I was under the impression this was a NEW re-blended King B...but I now see that someone posted the stats on this cigar and it's a King T.

Thanks guys.

The best thing to do for a King B is to take it out and let it rest outside the humidor for a few days.
I'll take your advice and dry box one of the ones I have and smoke it on the weekend. I've had it sitting at about 66% since last year. Thanks

Bastage.....All that does is remind me mine from that year are gone. :angry:

You smoked a box of these already? The ones I have from 06 are not even smokeable yet. They are awful. I don't know if they will ever be smokeable. I'm glad yours were good though. I was beginning to lose hope.

It actually kind of made me laugh, because Shanken and Mott and the other corksniffers from CA magazine rated the APR 06 Boli RC as the number one cigar of the year that year. That was when I stopped taking CA seriously.

On another note, I am among those that have been disappointed by the King B. I would take a sungrown double chateau or cuban belicoso over the king b. Also, if you are a member in good standing here at CP, there really is no reason to be trolling eBay for cigars. I'm not impugning your sourcing methods; I'm just saying it is probably not necessary. :D

JK

You smoked a box of these already? The ones I have from 06 are not even smokeable yet. They are awful. I don't know if they will ever be smokeable. I'm glad yours were good though. I was beginning to lose hope.

It actually kind of made me laugh, because Shanken and Mott and the other corksniffers from CA magazine rated the APR 06 Boli RC as the number one cigar of the year that year. That was when I stopped taking CA seriously.

On another note, I am among those that have been disappointed by the King B. I would take a sungrown double chateau or cuban belicoso over the king b. Also, if you are a member in good standing here at CP, there really is no reason to be trolling eBay for cigars. I'm not impugning your sourcing methods; I'm just saying it is probably not necessary. :D

JK

Jim,

I don't know what you're doing with your boxes of cigars, but that was one of the best damned cigars I've had in a long time. :love:

Nothing worse than not wanting to brush your teeth afterwards because it tastes so fine!!! :sign:

JK

Jim,

I don't know what you're doing with your boxes of cigars, but that was one of the best damned cigars I've had in a long time. :love:

Nothing worse than not wanting to brush your teeth afterwards because it tastes so fine!!! :sign:

You mean soak your teeth don't you gramps?

JK

Jim,

You mean soak your teeth don't you gramps?

Tomato - tohmahto... :rolleyes:

Apology excepted and I understand your frustration. If my post to Doc was disrespectful, I apologize for that. It certainly was not intended to be disrespectful, but rather point out the deterioration that I/we have all been seeing. As far as respect I think it should be given both ways regardless of how long you have been here.

It's a funny thing; some people think they are part of the solution, when they are really part of the problem.

Now, back on track, and please let this be the end of it boys, because I want to know about these cigars... not have a fight.
Why the two different colors? Any difference in the cigars in them or just packaging?
Chris

Just packaging.

See, there remain some people here who can answer your question. ;)

The King B's really should have been good... but at least to my taste, they don't quite make it. The King "T"s should be interesting to try, anyway.