• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whatcha Smokin' Lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually took the time to smoke at the smokeshop yesterday. The owner is one of the nicest guys I know. He bought me a cup of coffee which perfectly complimented the A. Fuente Don Carlos #4 I was smoking. It made for a relaxing mid-morning.

Yesterday was a great cigar day! Punch Punch ISOM, DC Robusto and Hemi SS. Sigh...........

I had my first San Cristobal El Principe today. Beautiful construction. Good burn. Tasty.

Arghhhhhhh I' cant smoke anything right now with this darn cold/flu. Got to wait ti'll I' get over it.  :eek:

Had a bad Bolivar Inmensa and a great Cohiba robusto this weekend. Gotta get some more of those Cohibas. Everytime I smoke one I think, "why didn't I buy a box of these."

Rod sent me some Riatas, a Nicaraguan madureo wrapper cigar, 50 ring about 7 1/4 long. Very nice smoke I am not a fan of maduros or full flavored cigars but this one was awesome. Excellent draw, nice white ash and while the flavor was on the full scale it was definetly enjoyable. Wrapper nice and darkThanks Rod.

It's a pretty good cigar, and very full of flavor - your right. Glad you enjoyed them Gil. :)I just lit up a good size Cohiba (Dominicana). Good Cigar.Rod

Sparked up a Partagas Short. Little
cigar with lots of flavor. I was
surprised how "big" it smoked. It is
better than the El Principe San Cristobal IMHO.

Had my first JR Ultimate yesterday on the golf course. This was one I got from DustinB I think, during the trick or treat pass.
I was very impressed - I must admit.

A gifted LaLuna Maduro Ferte toro
size cigar. I now know what all the
excitement regarding this brand is all
about.Yessssssssssss. I am now a dyed
in the wool Lunitic.

well, went away last week and went thru a lot of cigars. all were good, and some were really excellent. if i kept my records straight, this would include: an LGC charlamagne <jrh big boy pass>, a partagas serie s perfecto <the gifter from one of gil's passes, thanks gil>, punch rothschild double maduro, RyJ vintage III, PAM diplomatico, opus x perfexcion no. 4, 3 CAO cameroon petits, a year old st. luis rey robusto that improved a lot with the age, partagas serie s exquisito, HdM rothschild maduro (the old label), and a back to back comparison with a CAO maduro robusto, CAO cameroon robusto, and a CAO extreme churchill. <whew>

Daggone d. Making up for lost time due to the cold weather?Went to a cigar dinner Wed. night, sparked up a LGC Wavell Maduro on the way over. I have had a love/hate relationship with this brand, I'd have one good one, then the next three were dog rockets. I may have to rethink my position on ever buying LGC's again. Fantastic aroma, great draw with plenty of smoke. Flavor was almost chocolate-like.Also that night I sparked a 125th RyJ and a LLMF Toranado.Today was a Excalibur 1066.

Last night I lit up a JR Alt to a Monte #2. It was aged 2 1/2 years. Quite a difference from my 1 month aged alts. :) It was a good, strong smoke, with a pleasant aroma. Thanks Bill!Rod

i doubt i'll ever have the patience to age anything 2 1/2 years, haha. the st. luis rey i had last week was my oldest at about a year. how was that ryj 125th, shadow? i'm still sitting on the one 'secret santa' gave me, but uhhh, you know, it's been calling.

d, the RyJ 125th was excellent. You will enjoy it. Even burn, flavorful for the whole cigar. Went great with the Jamison Irish Whiskey I was drinking.Smoked an Excalibur I Maduro with my morning coffee, then had a Hemingway Classic after lunch.

Met with a few friend from the CF board and smoked some really great cigars. Started off with a Bolivar Corona, then a HDM Epicure #1, then a Sancho Molino , all gifts from the host. I was smiling so hard my face still hurts.

had a henry clay obelisk maduro and a c.a.o. cameroon petit yesterday, and keeping with the hdm theme, an excalibur prensado oscuro today.

Smoking a Petrus Etiquette Rouge RB1 (Torpedo 7X55) with the deep red and gold band. It is one of my favorite Honduras cigars, a very nice spice to the cigar. Unfortunately, not an easy cigar to find. Goes very well with some, Hancock President's Reserve Bourbon.

Smoked a Pinar 1958 that I was gifted.
I didn't give this cigar much thought
when I got it. It has agedn in my cooler a long time. Come to find out
that this gar was 100% habano, not the
partial habano blend. The corojo wrapper was smooth as silk.
Medium bodied with hints of mushrooms.
A wonderful cigar.

smoked a La Luna yesterday(not a very good one..made the tummy a bit upset) and a great Napa reserve this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.