• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whatcha Smokin' Lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
barley wines? ever try an english barleywine called old nick? good stuff.well good shadow, but i'm still out of 'em, hehe. went and stocked up on a lot of other stuff but no excaliburs. btw, it still looks good for jr's on the 31st. today i had a connie #9, yesterday a partagas serie s primero and an a.f. double chateau fuente.

I smoked myself a WOA for the first time last night and I have to say WOW! I thought the SS was nice (BTW thanks jeff for both) but was really impressed with WOA. Ive seen everyone post about them but after tangling witha few Opus's I was a bit leary. Im not a big nic buzz fan, I place the Opus and Monte#2 ISOM at the upper end of the nic scale and the WOA about a 7 out of 10 on the nic scale. Nice draw,good flavor, plenty of smoke, and a nice even burn. What a nice night last night poolside. :cool:

Quote: from djm on 8:00 pm on Mar. 23, 2001
barley wines? ever try an english barleywine called old nick? good stuff.
Yep, that was one of the featured drinks. It was second only to a British brewed Russian imperial stout. I'd tell you the name, except I can't read Russian.

Old Nick, that brings back some memories. Great brew.Over the last two days I've smoked a Short Story, H. Upmann Suprema #4, 2 AF 858, Mayorga Gordita Torp and, of course, an Excalibur #1 Mad.d, it looks like we have quite a few CP folks showing up at Whippany.

I finally got the chance to try one of Gil's aged Partagas perfectos. Great smoke! See my review over in the reviews
forum for more.

Smoked a AVO 75th Anniversary today. Sorry to say, I was not all that impressed with the cigar. Going to let some sit for a while, and hope they improve. Just about to fire up an Opus PL. I know I will be happy with it, always am.

Talk about hardcore. Lighting up an Opus at 3:00AM, Devin I'm impressed.

well shadow, that might not be as rough as first thing in the morning. hehe looks like you're going to have a rainy trip this weekend, btw.
had a new one yesterday, hoja perfecto nino. spicy ecuadorian-wrapper pyramid. i liked it. others lately, la aurora petit beli, natural root, and a nice aged slr petit corona isom. no excaliburs were smoked at this time.

d, how was that natural root? I've been curious about the Drew Estate naturals for a while, but haven't gotten to try one yet.Last few smokes were a VSG (which disappointed), an ERDM Flor de Llaneza (which came closer to expectations) and one of Gil's Partagas Perfectos (which I really liked).

which vsg was that, art? whatever you do, DON'T BUY a natural root!!! (cuz, i'll give ya one on saturday, i've got a whole box) :) they're like smoking a moccachino. the china 5 is good too, with a cameroon wrapper.

d, the VSG was the robusto. While it had quite a nicotine kick I thought the flavor was boring; just kind of flat. I won't write them off yet, maybe it wasn't well cared for (although it looked real pretty). Thanks for the offer. see you Saturday.

Smoking a Rafael Gonzalez lonsdale, with a little Mount Gay Extra Old, to end the day. A very nice cigar, of which, I will have to get more of since I am running low. I know, I smoke stronger flavor cigars as a rule. But, when your throat is a little sore, these taste great. Even better, when it's not.

Smoked a freshrolled Mayorga that was rolled on Saturday at JR's in Whippany with my morning coffee. Then a AF Cuban Belicoso after lunch.

The past few days I've had a CAO eXtreme Belicoso, Bauza Robusto and Macanudo Maduro Duke of Devon.I also like the Macanudo Maduro's in the tins for a quick lunch break smoke.

Smoking a Cohiba robusto, with about three years on it.
It is one of the best of them, I have had lately. Might, have something to do with this 5 Vegas coffee.

Went to a herf last night in San Diego and met a lot of great people and smoked a lot of great cigars. Drove down with a friend, simmick from CF, and smoked a RyJ corona from 96, followed by a Bolivar corona. When we got to the herf the real smoking began, HDM DC, xXx, Partegas Culebra, UTS Maduro, Anejo #55. Smoked fish was served and the FPC was in high gear. Left at midnight and had a BBF and a Monte #2 to finish the evening. What a night......

Wow sounds like a awsome nite, Swing by and pick me up on your way next time! :biggrin: LOL

picked out a bolivar royal corona for my easter smoke today.

Smoked a Flor de Allones #7 and after dinner had a Partagas Lusitania.

Status
Not open for further replies.