• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

It just kinda worked out this way, but this has been a good ethnic food weekend. My buddy and his wife introduced the GF and I to a new sushi spot on Friday night that was fantastic. Last night I ordered up some Indian food from a local spot (pictured, L to R, chicken wings, chicken makhni, and garlic naan), and tonight for Mother's Day my mom wanted Polish food, so we took her to a great spot in Santa Monica for pierogies and spatzele.

Going in the oven at 300 for about 4 hours, just enough to have the meat pull back off the bone, but not too far as to have the bone fall off. I let them cool when they come out then spread a rub on them and split them up in packages to freeze. Going to see the grandkids next weekend and will have these for dinner. D66F3CEF-F947-4746-BC31-67F61A673FEB.jpeg

Going in the oven at 300 for about 4 hours, just enough to have the meat pull back off the bone, but not too far as to have the bone fall off. I let them cool when they come out then spread a rub on them and split them up in packages to freeze. Going to see the grandkids next weekend and will have these for dinner. View attachment 42516
What are they Thomas? Looks like pork loin, but I’m not aware of those having bone in them. Looks too long and narrow to be a butt roast.

What are they Thomas? Looks like pork loin, but I’m not aware of those having bone in them. Looks too long and narrow to be a butt roast.
Sorry, I know they‘re pork ribs, i think they’re called baby back pork ribs. We’ve been buying the same package from BJ’s for 25 years. The photo shows them ready for the grill or the freezer with the rub on. I also save all the onions and garlic with as much liquid that fits in a quart container as the starter for a great pork white bean chili we make. 37B2F017-0017-4143-9C8A-7B85DA15F821.jpeg

This week I was the benefactor of a most unusual bomb -- a pound of Morrell mushrooms from our very own @jfields! Tonight, I finally had a chance to get into the kitchen. I decided to make a meal that featured the special ingredient in different ways, so I make Morrells three ways: fried, roasted and sautéed. Fried Morrell mushroom appetizer (that the wife loved!), roasted asparagus and Morrell mushrooms, and pan roasted chicken with Morrell mushroom demi glace cream sauce.

2021-05-21 19.25.42.jpg
2021-05-21 20.15.30.jpg
2021-05-21 20.15.20.jpg

Thanks John for the bomb! It was great fun exploring a new ingredient.

Last edited:
Irish butter?
Kerrygold, perhaps.

Last night my buddy took me to a couple different street taco setups in the hood. Messed me up (in a very good way). Man, I "thought* I knew about tacos. Turns out I was wrong. Some of the greatest tacos I've ever had. Chorizo tacos. For a chorizo fiend such as myself, I have no idea how this idea had escaped me this long. And then freshly fried churros for dessert.

Kerrygold, perhaps.

Last night my buddy took me to a couple different street taco setups in the hood. Messed me up (in a very good way). Man, I "thought* I knew about tacos. Turns out I was wrong. Some of the greatest tacos I've ever had. Chorizo tacos. For a chorizo fiend such as myself, I have no idea how this idea had escaped me this long. And then freshly fried churros for dessert.
There’s even a song about it:

Kerrygold, perhaps.

Wait are you saying you never had a chorizo taco before? You need to visit Texas and get acquainted with TEX-MEX, I will supply the smokes while your here.