• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

🤮

Just kidding Brandon!

It all sounds good except the collard and mustard greens, And The Black Eyed Peas.🤣

You must have never had them made the right way. Even my picky, some days vegetarian/some days maybe chicken/other days who the hell knows, 15 yr old daughter ate them both. She said the black eyed peas were better.

You must have never had them made the right way. Even my picky, some days vegetarian/some days maybe chicken/other days who the hell knows, 15 yr old daughter ate them both. She said the black eyed peas were better.
You may be correct. When I was stationed in North Carolina I saw enough collard greens to make me prefer lava soap.😁

That sounds really good! Do you like to sprinkle some vinegar on your greens ever?

How’s this for something not so fancy Ed @Pugman1943?

A spinach and cranberry salad with deep fried blue catfish and home made calamari.
View attachment 64367View attachment 64368
That wine looks fancy.

I'm having ground beef and McCormick's tacos with Costco "Mexican cheese blend" and Vernors (no pics).

That sounds really good! Do you like to sprinkle some vinegar on your greens ever?

I made it simple this year. I always smoke a ham for Christmas and use leftover ham in my black eyed peas and greens.

This years recipe:

1 bunch of collars greens
1 bunch of mustard greens
1 12 oz of bacon
Leftover ham
1 onion
32oz of chicken stock
Salt
Pepper
Red pepper flakes

Rinse, remove spine and chop greens into 1-2 inch pieces. Cut up and cook bacon, chopped onion and ham. Once bacon is cooked, add half the chicken stock and deglaze the pan. Add greens, remainder of stock, just enough to cover and salt/pepper/pepper flakes. In laws were over or I would have added a jalapeño or two as well.

I’ve never added vinegar to the greens, but have added lemon juice in the past.

I made it simple this year. I always smoke a ham for Christmas and use leftover ham in my black eyed peas and greens.

This years recipe:

1 bunch of collars greens
1 bunch of mustard greens
1 12 oz of bacon
Leftover ham
1 onion
32oz of chicken stock
Salt
Pepper
Red pepper flakes

Rinse, remove spine and chop greens into 1-2 inch pieces. Cut up and cook bacon, chopped onion and ham. Once bacon is cooked, add half the chicken stock and deglaze the pan. Add greens, remainder of stock, just enough to cover and salt/pepper/pepper flakes. In laws were over or I would have added a jalapeño or two as well.

I’ve never added vinegar to the greens, but have added lemon juice in the past.
Sorry, I meant as you’re about to eat them. A condiment if you will.