• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

I’m really happy to see her get creative when she cooks. I was totally surprised when she set that plate down in front of me. Not only was I not expecting breakfast, but I would have never thought to cook tofu like that. It looked really interesting, but I wasn’t expecting that taste and texture. It was really amazing and I could never have made tofu of all things that good.
She get it from me. Her mom tries, but isn’t the cook in the family. She’s got a few winner dishes though.
I would say it’s a miracle that your “16 yo daughter” is enjoying cooking for her dad, but you and your wife have obviously done a great job raising her... very impressive indeed.

There's a market in our area that specializes in gourmet products and they sell at wholesale prices. They have wagyu steaks at half the price I would expect to see. Got a rib eye and NY strip. Very tender with a bit more pronounced beef flavor and just the barest hint of game.

rubbed with oil used to make chimichurri and seasoned with truffle salt and fresh cracked pepper

Cooked to medium rare

Last night I was hanging out with my buddy. More than a couple bottles of wine were opened. He had some leftover scallops and whipped up some poke for me. Damn good.

Made a huge batch of chili! All in all about 10 pounds of stew beef and 6 pounds of ground burger. Canned 24 quarts of it while I was on the v herf last night) reason I kept getting up and moving around so much, if anyone noticed). I used to try and freeze leftover stews, and soups, but this is is so much better. Just like it was when fresh. We still have enough for dinner the next three nights.
View attachment 35748View attachment 35749View attachment 35750View attachment 35751

Looks good. I've never had celery in chili, is your recipe a cross between a stew and chili? Also, where do you store the jars, in a fridge?

Our chili is a pretty simple recipe:

2 lbs ground beef
2 lbs ground sausage
1 onion
2 cans tomato sauce
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans kidney beans
Chili spices (chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cayenne)

Looks good. I've never had celery in chili, is your recipe a cross between a stew and chili? Also, where do you store the jars, in a fridge?

Our chili is a pretty simple recipe:

2 lbs ground beef
2 lbs ground sausage
1 onion
2 cans tomato sauce
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans kidney beans
Chili spices (chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cayenne)
I just store it on a shelf in the house. It keeps for up to two years they say. I got the idea for the celery when I had a cup at a Wendy’s fast food years ago and it had celery in it. Really liked it that way. It’s just a very hearty thick concoction. Similar, but I put in the celery, green peppers, stew beef (no sausage), and coffee is another spice.

I'm not sure I've ever used a recipe for chili
I just store it on a shelf in the house. It keeps for up to two years they say. I got the idea for the celery when I had a cup at a Wendy’s fast food years ago and it had celery in it. Really liked it that way. It’s just a very hearty thick concoction. Similar, but I put in the celery, green peppers, stew beef (no sausage), and coffee is another spice.
Just a water bath, or pressure cooker? Would think it's probably acidic enough for just a water bath?

I'm not sure I've ever used a recipe for chili

Just a water bath, or pressure cooker? Would think it's probably acidic enough for just a water bath?
I just do a water bath. I just make sure I take everything straight off the stove fresh when cooking it, stick it directly in a jar. and start canning. I put it in the bath that is already about 150° and start the burner. Once it reaches a rolling boil, I let it go for a half hour. As soon as I pull them I crank the lids down as tight as I can. Not long after I can start hearing the lids popping from the vacuum.

Venison we just do a bath while the meat is raw, but do the rolling boil for three hours.

Made a huge batch of chili! All in all about 10 pounds of stew beef and 6 pounds of ground burger. Canned 24 quarts of it while I was on the v herf last night) reason I kept getting up and moving around so much, if anyone noticed). I used to try and freeze leftover stews, and soups, but this is is so much better. Just like it was when fresh. We still have enough for dinner the next three nights.
View attachment 35748View attachment 35749View attachment 35750View attachment 35751

Since you're from not-Texas, I'm just going to pretend not to notice that there are both beans AND tomatoes, apparently, in this thing you call "chili." If I mentioned THOSE, I'd be forced to inquire about the celery & bell pepper! 😂

Just kidding. Looks tasty!

~Boar

Yeah, I might lose my Texas card for saying this but I Love Beans in my Chili...

Yes. Yes you might. 😂

Been here 25 years & just lately discovered canned chipotles in adobo. Some of those are DEFINITELY going in my next batch of chili!

But no beans. Heck, even over in Louisiana they'll only serve them on the side for "those who like that sort of thing." ;)

~Boar

Yes. Yes you might. 😂

Been here 25 years & just lately discovered canned chipotles in adobo. Some of those are DEFINITELY going in my next batch of chili!

But no beans. Heck, even over in Louisiana they'll only serve them on the side for "those who like that sort of thing." ;)

~Boar
Canned chipotle’s in Adobe is what I use for my jerky!!! Along with bourbon

While being cooped up in the house until the 26th, I had to do something to get myself up off the couch, move around a little, and try to take my mind off being sick. Had a craving for something pumpkin, so I made a pumpkin walnut bread. Best fahking dessert bread I've ever made or had!
1119201735a~2.jpg