• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

What makes it Texas sweet tea vs just regular sweet tea? Serious question
That’s what we call it because everything is better in Texas… But seriously the way we make it is different than some places…

Step 1​

BOIL WATER​

Place water and teabags in a teapot or pot and boil for 8-10 minutes. If you want a weaker tea, boil for 5-7 minutes until you reach desired strength and color.

Step 2​

SUGAR SYRUP​

The key to a true Texas Sweet Tea is to make a sugar syrup. This is made by combining equal parts sugar and water and boiling until sugar is dissolved. Once sugar is dissolved set aside.

Step 3​

COMBINE​

Pour your tea into your pitcher and add your sugar syrup. Stir until thoroughly mixed. (If it's too sweet for you, add water to dilute it).

Step 4​

CHILL​

Let tea sit in the fridge until chilled or preferably overnight. Pour over ice and enjoy! :)

Looks good John. How’s the weather? We don’t start with the chili/soups, until it’s in the 60s during the day. Which this year might not be until December 😂. Do you always eat this late? Figured you were on early bird time.
I wish. I don’t even typically get home until 7 pm. It was 70’s and rainy yesterday. Was actually kind of chilly by evening. Then always about 67° in the house.

Pepe's burns the bottom of theirs a little too much for me. Mondeern, Sally's and Lamonico's is better (IMHO). The key with New Haven pizza is the thin crust. As you get away from New Haven and its suberbs the crust gets a little thicker, not much but a little.
I heard it was the amount of pollution in the water you use to make the dough that is the key ingredient. That’s why NYC pizza is unmatched.