• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Where does everyone's name come from?

gawntrail

My Street address is 9195 Gawn Trail. Plus my wife and I have a running joke. When we were bidding on the house, we would call each other and inform the other about contractors and other people meeting us at gawntrail. So it's just kind of stuck as the catch all for us.

And since it is a private street, named after the original landowner, and only 5 other residents (all of whom are retired and probably don't know what the internet is) I thought it a good one. Somewhat unique, but simple.

Anything I register for is under that monniker. I've never run into that name being taken. I've only met SD Stack from this board and we called each other by our given names. But, a few of the football coaches I've met aftere conversing on the 'net call me by the screen name.

M. Gipson

And here I thought you had one of those 100ci Hogs with an S&S or STD engine in it. Fooled me. :p

Big100HD said:
So, Big - a big year for Harley and a big year for me.
100 - 100 anniversary for Harley, (it's only my 25th anniversry, who wouldn't love a woman who just bought you a bike.)
HD - Harley Davidson - is there anything else?

[snapback]158689[/snapback]​

Check out my avitar and my signature. Pretty simple.

Shadow said:
Check out my avitar and my signature. Pretty simple.
[snapback]158915[/snapback]​

You can catch an episode of the Shadow online here

Bill

wam79 said:
You can catch an episode of the Shadow online here

Bill

With something like NetTransport, you can d/l the episode and listen at your leisure mms://idsntstr1.integratedds.net/audiotales/mys_2.asf

lucasbuck said:
Sheriff Lucas Buck is the protagonist in my favorite tv show "American Gothic." A one season wonder from way back in '95. Check my avatar for a screen shot of Gary Cole in the lead role.
[snapback]158459[/snapback]​

Speaking of one season wonders, wasn't he also the lead in Midnight Caller" tv program?

I think he was also the father in the Brady Bunch Movie......Uh.......Yeah, I saw it :D And, he is the announcer in DodgeBall!

JV

Wow those are some great stories............ Let me see :whistling: :rolleyes: ??? nope can't top em Benjie is what my parents and friends called me when I was a kid, V is for my last name Varon (pronounced Baron but with the V)

Pretty simple and straight forward. HD great name but boy I got a headache with the explaination :D

inflatus is Latin for pompous.

I keep it because, no matter what website needs a username I always get my first choice.

oh, yeah.... I have not seen a password generator that uses latin words. good for passwords :whistling:

inflatus said:

I keep it because, no matter what website needs a username I always get my first choice.

oh, yeah.... I have not seen a password generator that uses latin words. good for passwords :whistling:
[snapback]159239[/snapback]​

...and you always need to get your first choice because you are-inflatus? :p

JK, and isn't 'pass' latin?

:whistling:

BTW, Audi is latin for the founder's last name (Horch), which is German for "listen!"
Sorry, couldn't resist putting a plug for my product. :love:

My user name doesn't come from the obvious explanation. Unlike you I wasn't fixated on Rock Hudson's buttcrack as a young boy. (Not that there's anything wrong with that) It comes from my location, the most beautiful and diverse valley in the world. :laugh:

Eins said:
inflatus said:

[snapback]159239[/snapback]​

...and you always need to get your first choice because you are-inflatus? :p

JK, and isn't 'pass' latin?

:whistling:

BTW, Audi is latin for the founder's last name (Horch), which is German for "listen!"
Sorry, couldn't resist putting a plug for my product. :love:
[snapback]159259[/snapback]​

Eins- You are correct. I have to get my first choice. ;)

Do you work for Audi?

hudsonvalley said:
My user name doesn't come from the obvious explanation. Unlike you I wasn't fixated on Rock Hudson's buttcrack as a young boy. (Not that there's anything wrong with that) It comes from my location, the most beautiful and diverse valley in the world. :laugh:
[snapback]159589[/snapback]​

Who brought up Rock Hudson's crack? :whistling: :p Are you sure that you aren't a log cabin republican? ??? ??? ;) :whistling: :whistling:

I kind of figured your moniker had to do with the physical surrounding of yours up there, though I think you could've chosen

-Hillarylover2008-

:sign:

(P.S.-A.D. is dead in the water, very boring site now)

BkCloud114.... One of the guys where I used to work told me I was a black cloud 'cause the sh*t would hit the fan when I was on the street. 114... was were I worked. Kinda simply and easy for sign-in names..

Fast4Dr said:
coventrycat86 said:
Fast4Dr said:
coventrycat86 said:
Fast4Dr said:
I drive a Ford SHO....a fast four door...hence Fast4Dr
[snapback]158110[/snapback]​

He's lying, I've seen his car and the last time I was down for an LI Herf, I snapped this picture of it.
[snapback]158131[/snapback]​
It's a not an
[snapback]158144[/snapback]​

Oh yes it is, sound it out there Charlie and tell me which was is correct unless you New Yorkers say it differently that in the rest of the country :laugh:

You'd be right if I said "an Long Island Herf" but I said "an LI Herf" and there is indeed a difference.

You use "a" before words beginning with consonants and "an" before words beginning with vowels. Since the letter "L" is pronounced "el", "an" is correct, "a" is not :sign:

You SURE you wanna do battle with the Grammarian? :sign: :sign:

It is after all my member title on CS ;)
[snapback]158161[/snapback]​
I read LI as Long Island the same as I would read NYC as New York City. I believe that most would agree.
[snapback]158176[/snapback]​

Well I said it as "LI" not "Long Island" and I believe that most would agree that you're wrong so sorry, you're WRONG :laugh:

neener neener...... :sign:

mkb71804 said:
my 3 initials...my birthday, & the year i graduated. easy :D
[snapback]158305[/snapback]​

LMAO Madeline, I thought you just used the date you joined CP after your initials :laugh:

I'm a huge Simpsons fan and in one episode as Bart was chasing off some bullies from a prep school he shouted something like "Hit the road, Jack". One of the kids turned around and yelled back, "It's Jackington." Ever since then, I've been telling my wife we are going to name our first born Jackington. My friends came up with the middle name of Crackington, claiming that Jackington Crackington sounded sophisticated. I thought it was catchy, so I shortened it up for online use.

Several years ago I worked with a guy that started calling me Swifty Lazar seemingly because the name Lazar and my last name, Lassard, sound similar. He explained to me who Swifty Lazar was and that he thought we had some similarities in character. The name Swifty stuck and there are still a few people that refer to me buy that name. Incidentally, the guy who gave me the name was a cigar lover but had to give them up for health reasons.

My friend called me John Lemon in elementary school, and I liked the name. He only did it a couple times, but it stuck to my mind. When I had to make my first internet alias, I ended up with Lemon :) Been using it ever since.