• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Workshop Projects

Finally finished my 7 foot diameter RC helipad/drone pad, that can double as a small front yard patio.
Not a workshop project, more like a nightmare project :( but I finally finished it today. 😅
It's tough doing concrete work with a herniated L4/L5 lumbar disc. I started this project back on June 24 when I purchased 10 bags of cement mix.
My back went out four days later; I was down hard for two days & didn't work on this again until July 12.
On July 24 my back went out again. :mad:

This photo is from late July after two sections were completed. I constructed this in quarter sections.
# 1 FRONT half.jpg

This photo is from this afternoon, after I finished pouring the last quarter section.
# 1 FRONT done.jpg

All she needs after setting up & curing is a bit of back filling in spots, and some grass seed.
We have had a drought here for two months & most of the existing grass is dead :( so, maybe I'll wait on the grass seed.
I'm just waiting for my back to go south again but hopefully it won't.
Glad this is done. :cool: I believe a stogie is in order to celebrate.

EDIT 8/9/21:
Pulled the form Sunday morning, back filled, along with grass seed.
We also got 2 inches of much needed rain Saturday so, the timing was perfect for pouring & curing.
Couldn't be happier & the back hasn't gone out to boot. :)

# 1 FRONT back filled.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing fancy, but spent the other day organizing the basement a little.

View attachment 48360
That’s a lot of boards! I only needed to try it once to determine I couldn’t do it. And by once I mean I fell on my face without even having a chance to catch myself more times then the minutes I had the board on.

And that was while I was waiting for my first lesson to begin. Got off the board, took it back and canceled the lesson. I’m good on skis but I could not make the transition lol.

That’s a lot of boards! I only needed to try it once to determine I couldn’t do it. And by once I mean I fell on my face without even having a chance to catch myself more times then the minutes I had the board on.

And that was while I was waiting for my first lesson to begin. Got off the board, took it back and canceled the lesson. I’m good on skis but I could not make the transition lol.
I didn't start until I was in my late 30s. First day was rough, but I think skateboarding growing up helped.

We have 2 more boards up in my son's bedroom too...