• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

All Things Golf

Took my 15 year old grandson out today. He is showing some awesome natural ability. I worked with him on a few basics so he doesn't get bad habits too deeply ingrained.

I only hit three or four shots and as luck would have it, I pulled great shots out of my butt. Now that he is paying attention, he thinks I am really good.:)

Took my 15 year old grandson out today. He is showing some awesome natural ability. I worked with him on a few basics so he doesn't get bad habits too deeply ingrained.

I only hit three or four shots and as luck would have it, I pulled great shots out of my butt. Now that he is paying attention, he thinks I am really good.:)
That’s awesome! I wish I would have had someone share the game with me when I was younger.

Last edited:
Yeah, but Ohio...
While Ohio doesn't have much in the way of scenic beauty, and no outdoor activities like skiing or hiking, you rent sunglasses rather than own them, it's often hard to tell the women from the livestock, and it's the professional sports void of the world ......... we do have more than our fair share of good golf courses.:cool:

I don't know if you can see it in this picture but apparently one of the locals is taking his girlfriend somewhere?

This was at a traffic light on my way to the golf course.

20220422_083410.jpg

Got shit-faced last night. Struggled to shoot 71 today in much better conditions.

Probably wont cash.

Son and I were hitting balls in the back yard last night, and he went and played with his buddies on Friday. This morning when I woke him up to go lift, he looks at me and says, "can I play one more hole?" Must have been dreaming about playing golf. 😂

Long story. I'm pretty sure I'd call BS if someone told me this story but it is 100% true.

I was married to a woman from Danbury Ct. and her brother (Richie) was a member of a "VERY" exclusive country club called "The Ridgewood". We were going up for Thanksgiving and he called me to tell me that my son and I should bring our clubs, it was going to be warm.

Thanksgiving morning he called and asked if we wanted to go play and we said "absolutely". He asked me who we could get for a fourth and I suggested a skiing buddy of our, Marty. Marty is a tall, good looking guy who was a captain for Continental. Great guy, but definately NOT country club material. He talked just like Andrew Dice Clay. Richie felt it would be okay because not many people would be there, it was 60 degrees.

When we got there we were shocked to see the parking lot full of Bentleys, Jags, Mercedes, ect., they were having a Thanskgiving day brunch. Marty showed up in a beat up old Toyota pick-up truck.

We played the front nine without incident but when we got to the par 3 tenth hole things changed. In the below picture you can see the #10 island green. Marty was the last to tee off and he shanked a 5 iron straight into the parking lot filled with $100K cars. There was a loud bang and we all cringed! Then we hear a faint tinkling sound getting closer. After a few seconds a hub-cap rolls out of the parking lot, under a hedgerow, and onto the tee right in front of all of us. We were laughing so hard I was crying! Then ..... Marty goes "Hey! That's my fucking hub-cap"

He it his own truck in the middle of 30 or 40 $100K cars.

1650909065165.png
1650909519995.png