• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

All Things Golf

It is very much a mental game.  Putting is usually where I make up my ground on the field.  So as you can see I hit the ball very well, but didn't get it up & down at all.

It is still really early in the season.  Hang in there and put in the time Dave.  Great rounds are right around the corner for you.

ilikefishes said:
Just joined a country club this week. I have been contemplating and researching it for some time now. Pretty excited and so is the family. Went to dinner there last night.

Congrats and enjoy the camaraderie.  I've made several lasting friendships through my country club.  You'll be surrounded with like minded people who'll want to travel somewhere to play golf for a couple of days, with or without the wives.  My wife starting playing 2 years ago and although she doesn't get out much, mainly couples tournaments on Fridays, we both enjoy the time together socially.

One thing you will have to manage closely is your spending.  Country club expenditures add up quickly.  If your club charges for golf cart use per round, those add up over time.  Also, food charges and the cost of member-members, member-guests and other club related tournaments.  Alcohol is at a premium as well. You'll see, these things add up quickly.

But definitely enjoy your membership.  

I was able to sneak in a round last weekend.  I feel like I scored a lot better than I hit the ball.  Shot an 83 with 4 doubles.

Was having problems with my tempo.  I was either way fast and not pausing at the top, or I was waiting too long at the top and getting myself hung up.

Played today in a 30+ wind. Shot 75 with 3 holes where I 3 putted. It is crazy how much the wind gets into your head. Hard to focus on the task.
Edited because I misspelled a word.

Almost scored my second hole-in-one. 156 yard par three. Ball rolled over the cup and stopped less than three feet away. Heart stopped for a moment on the tee box. Did get the birdie.

Played a 2 man event yesterday. Our first hole was a par 3. I hit to about 15 feet and then my partner makes a hole in 1. It was a fun day.

I am playing in a Pro am tomorrow at Castle Pines. Can't wait to play this course, from the tips no less. Didn't get all the amatuers I wanted. Was really trying to get this one guy to fly out from the Midwest. He is supposed to be one hell of a stick. He had other obligations.

I played the Pro-Am at Castle Pines today and shot an 80 with a few really bad holes early.   Finished in 11th in the professional division out of 32 and finished 7th in the team division.  All in all it was a fun day.  I really wish I could have gotten my friend from Chicago to join us.  I hear he is a really good player with an incredible practice ethic.  But alas, he was not willing to respond to my requests and I had to go with an inferior partner.

Maybe next year! :thumbs: :D

Get to play in a tournament today with a few potential clients.  Hope all goes well...

It will only get tougher. This course is a classic, and it will stand proud on Sunday. As will the champion. I would be surprised if a below par score wins.

Merion is holding up strong.  Phil is going to have a huge problem sleeping tonight.  No 54 hole leader has ever held the lead at Merion.

Got to play a match today and ended up 3 down after 3 as my opponent was 3 under and I didn't know where the ball was going.  Figured on 4 tee I better grind and had it all square after 9.  Kept it that way until I made a really bad tactical decision on 16 and ended up making a bogey to my opponents par.  At that point I was 1 down.  Got back to all square with a good solid par.  Ended up loosing 1 up as I butchered 18 with a few really bad lies and even worse decisions.

I am now into the consolation bracket.  Which means I need to win or I am out.

Jeff, how did your tournament go?

Finally played a few holes today. Contact was good and shots were more conistent....I can work with consistent!!!

Went 5 over for 11 holes...with one double. (I only played 11 (5-15)).

Felt good!

Planted(stuck in it's pitch mark) a 170-175yd shot to inside a foot...over the cup on a par 3. Yea...I made the putt!!!

ilikefishes said:
Merion is holding up strong.  Phil is going to have a huge problem sleeping tonight.  No 54 hole leader has ever held the lead at Merion.

Got to play a match today and ended up 3 down after 3 as my opponent was 3 under and I didn't know where the ball was going.  Figured on 4 tee I better grind and had it all square after 9.  Kept it that way until I made a really bad tactical decision on 16 and ended up making a bogey to my opponents par.  At that point I was 1 down.  Got back to all square with a good solid par.  Ended up loosing 1 up as I butchered 18 with a few really bad lies and even worse decisions.

I am now into the consolation bracket.  Which means I need to win or I am out.

Jeff, how did your tournament go?

The tournament went really well.  My team won with -11 (it was a 4 man scramble).

Met a few new people and hopefully will be able to get some new relationships going.

Been talk with the guys on my job about golf for the last three months- gunna call it early on Friday and have the first Green Blaze Construction golf tournement - should be fun.

I've got a big money match scheduled for July 11th with a couple of suckers.

Played Whispering Pines today, #1 Ranked course in Texas and #75 in the world. Pretty special place. I'm guessing it will be in the top 50 next year and the top 10 in the next decade.

693ea6e26be669a873c640c26029b67a_zpsbf78c297.jpg

e2fe6e791957de33ffef16e4d2b470f0_zps33b883d5.jpg

4bd7e8fa75c8d29985ce41c457b5ce28_zps7143cba5.jpg

c75c3263661565b6159308715099f6c9_zpsa00c745b.jpg