• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

All Things Golf

I've tried a couple of weeks of Naproxen. I've read up on it quite a bit and have seen varying degrees of success or failure with acupuncture, steroid injections, pressure bands, physical therapy etc. Didn't think about a chiropractor. I'm ready to actually cut my off! I'm looking into blood stimulation therapy as a possible solution. Basically a pressurized device that cuts off blood flow, like a blood pressure cuff, and when you release it, "oxygen rich" blood flood the inflamed area. Who knows. I work out three days s week and its affected what exercises I can actually do. Definately can't work on biceps or do any heavy lifting.

Went and got a steroid injection yesterday. Feels 50% better today. Should know by Wednesday how successful it will be.

Sweet, good luck. Hope it helps. Have you seen an instructor as to the cause of the problem? A minor swing change might help.

Sweet, good luck. Hope it helps. Have you seen an instructor as to the cause of the problem? A minor swing change might help.

Interesting thought. I had about 16 lessons over a year and a half and about 4-5 months ago I started focusing on my wrists at impact. I was practicing an exaggerated flattening of my left wrist coupled with emphasis on rotating my arms. I was intentionally trying to hook the ball and was practicing this quite often. Looking back, this might have been the cause of the irritation

Anyway, 5 days after the injection there's been no pain and I'm back to lifting weights without discomfort. I'll be playing my first round in 5 weeks Sunday :)

What does everyone think the best Cigar to smoke on the golf course would be? Main criteria would be mild smell as to not upset/bother other guests and of course an awesome taste to compliment that nice Birdie or Eagle you just made!

My criteria for a golf course smoke is as follows:

- Good flavor
- Inexpensive, so if I walk away and forget it I'm not upset
- Nothing complex, I don't want to have to think about the cigar while trying to concentrate on my game
- Something I would be proud to share if another person wanted one

If you are talking about after the round, then the above criteria is a mute point.

ETA - I won't bring a "new to me" cigar on the course with me.  Same idea as the complex smoke.  I won't necessarily decline a "new to me" cigar if offered by another player, as I wouldn't want the other player to think I don't appreciate the gesture.

Also, usually go with something bigger than what I tend to smoke while not on the course.

I try and smoke something that can stand up to the wind. Usually a Ghurka or a RP. The broadleafs seem to stand up well.

I just finished up a few long weeks of tournament play. Looking forward to being able to wind down and start working on improvements on the setting and game for next year. I am thinking about going and seeing my guru in Chicago. :lol::D

I drove up to Phoenix yesterday with Strayvector to visit Karsten's Ping Factory and received a custom fitting. I took my current set of clubs for comparison sake. My fitter looked my old set up by the serial number and it turns out they were built in 1998. They went on to tell me they put new shafts in the 7 and 8 irons in 2003. The funny part is I still refer to these as my new clubs. It seems like it was just last year that I bought them from my buddy. After about an hour of being interviewed and hitting balls into their simulator it turns out I'm still a white dot. The guy helping said I may benefit from 1/2 longer shaft. My wife got a kick out of that comment.  :D

Even though my specks haven't changed in 20 years it was nice to confirm my sticks still fit my body type and swing. I kind of knew this from looking at my divots but having this confirmed renewed some confidence. 
If you are considering having this done I highly recommend moving forward. 

Now to decide on buying a new set or have my current set refurbished. 

Club fitting is super important. If you want consistency. This is something that my God friend and mentor from Chicago taught me. I miss George. ;)

ilikefishes said:
Club fitting is super important. If you want consistency. This is something that my God friend and mentor from Chicago taught me. I miss George. ;)

I wouldn't go as far as to call him "Godlike"

Anyone here play with the Ping G25 or G20?  Any thoughts on the sticks? After the fitting last week, trying to make the decision on whether to go cheap and get used G20s or treat myself to some new G25s.  An unexpected find and purchase of an intact box of Tatuaje Jasons tell me that I should go cheap, but damn it, I like shiny new things.

A friend plays the 25 and loves them.
I want to look at the Mizuno JPX EZ forged. :)

Everyone I know that has G20s loves them, so don't think you can go wrong either way, except for going Ping rather than Mizuno that is.  :p