• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ARs, AKs, etc.

I need to go pick me up one, before or just in case anything happens and these are unavailable for purchase!

yeah i was waiting on a check to come in so i could make my purchase and now everything is gone. Hopefully things get back on the shelves when my check comes in and i can make my purchase

went out and got a few things today... and amazingly enough, there is only a couple of AR's in stores locally - literally. Sportsmans Warehouse? none. Local sporting goods store? all gone. specialty gun shops? only thing left are the oddball calibers - 6.8, 300blk, couple of others. And not a mag to be found. Looking online, not a store with pmags in stock.

Thankfully I have a strange work schedule and was out before stocks ran out :cool:

I was reading online last night that NCIS crashed, CTD was selling PMAGS for $60 and ammo at $900/k, lots of stores are out of ARs and AKs and are hesitant to reorder as they don't want to get stuck on the wrong side of a ban. Other shops are allegedly holding back some rifles until the panic really picks up and they can sell them off. 1 by 1 for three times their actual price.

Checked with my suppressor dealer yesterday....his exact quote:

Lowers have evaporated off the planet.

I looked everywhere, and even the gun stores are calling me looking for them.

gallery_6472_1324_35854.jpg

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot......

$515 for 5 30rd Pmags Non-Windowed, does not included $20 Flat rate shipping

Glad I stocked up on P-mags when Primary Arms had them for $10.99. I bought 20. I'd feel like a dirtbag selling them for these outrageous prices though. I bought them in May because they where such a good deal. 19 are still in the bag. I was to lazy to load my stockpile of ammo into them as planned. I'm still holding out hope, that emotions will settle down, and common sense will prevail. If nothing more than to stick it to these idiots for paying $69 for a magazine. The panic buyers are no good for our side.

My brother called me out of the blue this past weekend to see if I wanted to go the gunshow. He and I don't talk often, so against my better judgement I went. I managed to pick up some excellent "white elephant" gifts; a hologram "3 Wolf" print and a acrylic paper weight cube with John Wayne's image laser etched in it.

They also had Pmags for $13 out the door. I picked up 5 more and seriously considered buying all they had, which was probably around 150. In my mind I figured I would never lose money on them and could probably flip them for $10 more with panic buying. Had I known I could sell them for $30-40 more...I dunno...

Crazy is about the only word I can think of to describe this.

I dropped by a local gun shop yesterday to pick up my AR after some work and watched 7 AR-15's and 3 AK's go out the door while I was there. Most places have hardly any left. That goes for ammo as well. There was no 5.56 left at all and I saw AK ammo going by the case. Think they will feel funny when the Zombies didn't end the world today?

I sold the 6.8 SPC to a good friend who previously didn't own any evil-style rifles. I will miss it, but am glad it went to a friend. My wife's a little miffed. She thinks I could have held out and made a lot of money on the rifle (+600 rounds, mags, etc). She doesn't understand selling something at cost or lower, even to a brother.

Honestly, I'm worried about having to take a dremel to the bayonet lugs, swapping out solid stocks, and/or welding the muzzle devices on the ones I still have. ???

I don't think any of that will happen, Mike. What will happen will be changes to what you can buy going forward. Every ban or change in the laws to date 'grandfathered' existing weapons in. Anything different would likely start civil war.....

There are a lot of reason that an across the board ban would be whole unsuccessful, but that doesn't mean they won't try for it. Given that everything is out of stock, everywhere; it seems impractical to make millions of people into criminals with the stroke of a pen.

Banning Normal Capacity magazines...As long as Magpul continues to make 10rd Pmags for the .50 Beowulf, I won't get too upset ;)

I could see them attempting to ban individual sales/transfers of rifles and magazines, but to be frank it would be impossible to determine if something was sold before or after the ban. Magazines aren't SN# and I have to provide no documentation of personal sales in-state, on top of which who would enforce it?

Then again I am probably way off base, I mean its not like can get products that are embargoed....er....I mean banned :whistling:

Here's my newest toy. Gonna stamp the lower next year so I can put a proper stock on it

64590903-BCC8-43B7-A294-F5275F83B4FE-3888-0000024895353253.jpg

went out and got a few things today... and amazingly enough, there is only a couple of AR's in stores locally - literally. Sportsmans Warehouse? none. Local sporting goods store? all gone. specialty gun shops? only thing left are the oddball calibers - 6.8, 300blk, couple of others. And not a mag to be found. Looking online, not a store with pmags in stock.

Thankfully I have a strange work schedule and was out before stocks ran out :cool:

Hey I was just thinking about you, give me a call sometime ya mo. Also lmfao @ those pmag prices, saw 10 for 99 of the gen 2 less than a week ago. Go figure.

Local sporting good store looked like the end of times today. All ammo picked over and not a box of even steel case 5.56 on the shelves. AR's that have been numerouse on the shelves in
recent times are empty. Except for .22 cal.

Was looking for some ammo for Christmas for my son who is LE.

That's what happens when you wait too long and miss the rush.

I think it will go back to the previous ban where it will be hard to find AR style weapons and you will only be able to have a mag that will hold 10 or 20 rounds.
What they are talking about doing is making it harder or impossible to sell the ones you have and make people at gun shows re-register them when they do sell them.

But, I'm sure all the criminals in the US will adhere to the new laws...

Local sporting good store looked like the end of times today. All ammo picked over and not a box of even steel case 5.56 on the shelves. AR's that have been numerouse on the shelves in
recent times are empty. Except for .22 cal.

Was looking for some ammo for Christmas for my son who is LE.

That's what happens when you wait too long and miss the rush.

I think it will go back to the previous ban where it will be hard to find AR style weapons and you will only be able to have a mag that will hold 10 or 20 rounds.
What they are talking about doing is making it harder or impossible to sell the ones you have and make people at gun shows re-register them when they do sell them.

But, I'm sure all the criminals in the US will adhere to the new laws...

Granted I was around 13 when the first AWB went into effect, but the situation appears drastically different now. Whereas you only had Colt, Bushmaster and Arma-lite (maybe a few others )producing AR's the first go round there are drastically more name brand companies producing complete rifles, on top of the smaller operations. I recieved an email from a certain online retailer that the said they sold 3.5 years worth of Pmags in 3 days. The Evil Black Rifle can purchased at Wal-Mart for heavens sake, it is much more main stream than it was.

I really don't think the general public will go for any form of registration. When taken with the sheer volume of AR's and 30 round magazines now in cirulation its akin to shutting the barn door once the cows are out.

Regardless of what may/may not happen, I'm not taking chances! More pmags coming (NOT the inflated prices... OMG!), a couple of stripped lowers, and a complete upper not to mention a complete new AR (.308, thank you very much). Deals out there to be had if you look, but you gotta get on them. I've bought my own Christmas presents to get me to about the year 2075! I wanted this stuff anyways, so if nothing happens, I'm still happy and good. Won't try and sell a thing.

And holy SHIT there are some gougers out there. lowers for $1000? pmags for $150? no thanks... go on gunbrokers and you'll see the mayhem. There must be some totally desperate people out there in complete and total panic mode.

Hey I was just thinking about you, give me a call sometime ya mo. Also lmfao @ those pmag prices, saw 10 for 99 of the gen 2 less than a week ago. Go figure.
Hmm.... scary when dudes think of me... was I dressed up in a bee outfit doing the pollination dance??

I won't be able to jump on anything until after the first of the year. There are two custom shops that I have my eye on....hopefully they will be able to sell me something.

I lived through the last ban (Clinton Assault Weapon Ban) so we're stocked deep in mags. I can recall seeing full capacity Glock 21 magazines for $200.00.....just insane.

I picked out an AR-15 over a week ago with my brother. He has a gun collection and pushed me to get one after this latest tragedy in fear of political agendas. It was purchased and then put away @ his house until Christmas. (a gift from him to me)

I had did some research online and had asked around about ARs. Many different point of views, all with their own great points. I finally decided to go with a new Windham Weaponry WW-15 .223 and 5.56. I had them take off the stock guard and add a TROY Quad Rail system for future attachments. I had them also add front/rear TROY flip up, iron sights. It came with a hard case, sling and a 10rd clip. I really don't see myself using the sling that came with it but did see many quick-release, 3 point style slings that I may try.

This is my first gun I have ever owned! I had recently been getting into hunting/guns within the past two years. It seems I have been getting a little more serious about it lately. Looking forward to hitting some local gun clubs and homing in on my accuracy.

All this talk about the 30rd pmags with them flying off shelves and the price gouging makes me nervous. Im looking to possibly get at least 5-10 after the holidays. Can anyone tell me what they should be going for and possible links to reputable distributors ? The only thing flaw that I have to deal with is being a NY resident, and I believe most places will not ship 30rd mags to NY? Although, Im a complete newb to this so I will continue to research my local laws and restrictions.

I'll be posting pics up after Christmas. Thanks for any insight or help you may have for me.

~Austen

Austen. Welcome to your new expensive hobby.

Pmags are scarce. Sit back and let production catch up. Pricing should be less than $20 once they get back on the shelves.

Being in NY, I believe you are outta luck until you move to a less restrictive state.