• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Big Pittsburgh Herf in OhiO

Bob ~

BMW already backed out as did garlicbreath and sweetrice...

Damn that BMW.

Well, I'll be there. It there room for me to sleep at the cabin, or are those spots already filled?

And, what is the pet policy at the cabin. My wife wants to know if I will be taking the dog. So far I've told her no.

As far as sleeping and pet arrangements - you will need to take that up with Mr. Stone. He said he has 3 more spaces for sleepers, but I don't know if anyone else has contacted him yet. Shoot him a pm...he is VERY accomodating! I am staying atthe hotel.

Are you only allowed out to play if you take the dog? Smart wife!

~ t

Bob ~

BMW already backed out as did garlicbreath and sweetrice...

Damn that BMW.

Well, I'll be there. It there room for me to sleep at the cabin, or are those spots already filled?

And, what is the pet policy at the cabin. My wife wants to know if I will be taking the dog. So far I've told her no.

Jeff - is there a table we can play cards at? Or is that outside too?

Hold 'em anyone?? I'll bring my chips either way.

~ t

I talked to Chris (aka RaodWarior) last night. He's iffy about that weekend.

GO STEELERS!!!

There is a table for cards in the cabin.

No pets.

Beds are gone.

Be prepared to be outside all day regardless of weather.....bring warm clothes.

Many thanks to Jeff for allowing his camp to be ‘invaded’. He’s done a lot of work to it. Prepare to be impressed.

Not trying to overstep my bounds, but I thought I would throw out a few things to just clarify, and/or reinforce. While it’s nowhere near Spartan, it is a camp. That means we will be outside most of the time because there simply isn’t the room for 9 or 10 guys to mill around indoors. There is a sidewalk outside and Jeff does have mats down around the fire, but chances are it will be muddy there, so try to wear shoes that you can easily take off when you do go inside. We don’t need to be tracking up his floor.

There’s been concern about getting there, and even I have made comments about it being accessible only by 4x4 or dogsled. This is a bit of an exaggeration. Most of the time, the camp is accessible to all vehicles. The hill is a bit steep. About the only time a car would have difficulty is whenever it’s particularly snowy or icy.

One thing that hasn’t been exaggerated is parking. That is limited. Jeff shares a private road with several other camps. He does have a pull-off than can hold three vehicles rather snugly. A few more can be parked on the side the road. If you can car pool, please do so. If people show up with oversized barges (that would be me :blush: ), they would take up more space than something more reasonably sized and make it a bit more difficult for neighbors to pass by.

If you’re bringing beer, try to bring something unique and be prepared to share. I know nobody was thinking of ‘hoarding’, but I thought I would just throw that out there. In addition to trying different cigars, this is also an opportunity to try different beers. Personally, I’m bringing some of the different Erie brews.

Wear old cloths and dress in layers. It will be smoky from the campfire.

Finally, have fun. A year ago, I went to the Hillbilly Herf at Jeff’s camp. Didn’t know a soul when I arrived. Made several (hopefully lifelong) friends by the time I left. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting several of you already. I know this weekend is going to be a blast! Looking forward to it.

Anyone wanna split a room? Its $87 / night - 2 queens - non-smoking....I'm pretty sure for this reason alone I'm headin up Saturday and skippin Friday night.

~ t

2F28&numberRooms=1&numberAdults=1&numberBigChildren=0&numberChildren=0&rate=S3A&promotionCode=&corporateCode=&iataNumber=&id=11508

http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Boo...r=&id=11508

No room splitting for me. I will probably be there from noon to 5. I need to get back for my anniversary dinner that night. Wife wasn't real happy to hear I would be gone during the day, but the promise of dinner and great loving :sign: that night smoothed it over. See everyone in about 45 days.

Anyone wanna split a room? Its $87 / night - 2 queens - non-smoking....I'm pretty sure for this reason alone I'm headin up Saturday and skippin Friday night.

~ t

2F28&numberRooms=1&numberAdults=1&numberBigChildren=0&numberChildren=0&rate=S3A&promotionCode=&corporateCode=&iataNumber=&id=11508

http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Boo...r=&id=11508

No room splitting for me. I will probably be there from noon to 5. I need to get back for my anniversary dinner that night. Wife wasn't real happy to hear I would be gone during the day, but the promise of dinner and great loving :sign: that night smoothed it over. See everyone in about 45 days.

Cookie:

here's another approach.......how many times have you and your wife been sick of each other to the point where you would be better to just be apart for a day or two?

Just piss her off really good before you leave for the HERF :whistling:

Heya guys, I haven't been on here much, my net connection at the house has been crappy, but have been reading and trying to follow as closely as possible here at the library...

I had a ride with Keystone_Raider, but that fell through so I'm still looking for a ride, so I'm hoping someone in the area might be able to accomodate me; gas money isn't a problem.

I was able to convince my part time job to give me off Feb. the 28th(Sat) and Mar. the 1st(Sun). If I can go along with someone, I would have to be back 9 or 10 Sunday night to go back to my full timer Mon morning(1am-9am-work hours).

If someone would have to leave Fri. night, I'll need to know ASAP so I can tell my job I need that day also. Since it's hard for me to sneak here to check my messages, it's better to give my cell a call(check my profile) to work out any details.

Hoping to go to the herf ...

Nick

Nick ~

I know your an hour away (opposite of where we're heading) - but if you can make it into Pittsburgh, I have plenty of room. And I'll be back early on Sunday...at least before dinner.

~ t

Back