• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fruits of Castro's Soil Pass No. 2

You are absolutely correct, I stand corrected and apologize. I checked the cubancigarwebsite.com, and it showed the Suiza band. What I did not notice was the text underneath that specified in 2005 it was a generic Regional Edition band.

It appears the lesson in attention to detail belongs to me.

Excuse me while I work on this bowl of crow.
No worries, it happens and I completely understand that.

Ok, here are my T's and P's for review.

T: [#17] Montecristo Sublime EL 2008
P: Por Larrañaga Sobresalientes Edición Regional Gran Bretaña 2014 (AUM SEP 14)

T: [#25] Trinidad Fundadores 2005
P: Hoyo de Monterrey Short Hoyo Pirámides Edición Limitada 2011 (LEM OCT 11)

T: [#6] Ramon Allones Caprichos RE 2014
P: La Gloria Cubana Medaille d’Or No.4 (ULA MAR 14)

T: [#16] Ramon Allones Club Allones EL 2015
P: Juan López Short Torpedo Edición Regional Caribe 2008 (RBT OCT 08)

Feedback is appreciated.

Edited to correct Caprichos from 2008 to 2014, thanks Kris.

Last edited:
Wyatt, these look good to me and nicely done but that #6 is an RA Caprichos RE 2014 and not an 08.

That 08 Monte is a damn fine cigar - enjoy!:cool:

ETA: spelling

Last edited:
Depends on how picky you want to get with this one:

Depends on how picky you want to get with this one:

Are you refering to the year difference? Because I think the Sobresalientes out prices the Monte by a handful of dollars.

T: [#25] Trinidad Fundadores 2005

My concern here is a difference in value. An 05 Trini Fundi demands much more of a premium then the Hoyo EL 11. However; if going off the original value of the sticks and not accounting for value added by age (current market value) this trade would be fine. I'm a little confused on how the age debit early in this pass is going to be applied and this trade is a perfect example of a way to clarify that.

Ok, here are my T's and P's for review.

T: [#6] Ramon Allones Caprichos RE 2014
Feedback is appreciated.

Rarity is off on this trade and I am not sure about value. Paul states in the rules LE/RE for LE/RE, it seems that RE/LE for regular production has been allowed and it makes since for discontinued or more rare cigars. So the question is, should it be allowed the other way? The LGC MdO No. 4, although difficult to get is a regular production cigar that is available today. The RA Caprichos is not. I have no personal experience with the value but if it is like more RE's I've purchased the value wouldn't line up either.

Edited to fix quote

My concern here is a difference in value. An 05 Trini Fundi demands much more of a premium then the Hoyo EL 11. However; if going off the original value of the sticks and not accounting for value added by age (current market value) this trade would be fine. I'm a little confused on how the age debit early in this pass is going to be applied and this trade is a perfect example of a way to clarify that.

Rarity is off on this trade and I am not sure about value. Paul states in the rules LE/RE for LE/RE, it seems that RE/LE for regular production has been allowed and it makes since for discontinued or more rare cigars. So the question is, should it be allowed the other way? The LGC MdO No. 4, although difficult to get is a regular production cigar that is available today. The RA Caprichos is not. I have no personal experience with the value but if it is like more RE's I've purchased the value wouldn't line up either.

Edited to fix quote

I think the short of it here is I failed to do an RE/LE or LE/RE type trade on my T's and P's there. So I need to reshuffle some things to get it right. I shouldn't have done that.

I thought we clarified the age thing earlier in the pass, so I wasn't getting too spun up on that piece. But the RE/LE for LE/RE thing needs to stand I think. So both of those need to be relooked.

I had no issue with the age thing especially since I am not in the pass:D. The concern I had was difference in value. It was done at least twice before you where an RE was placed in the pass for a regular production. Once a new production once for a older discontinued smoke. So from that aspect the trade seems fine. It just just a value question and if the values (which is when age can come into play) are close than more forward with that trade. I don't think you should scrap it yet.

The other was both value and RE/LE question.
Since it has been allowed to go the one direction should it be allowed the other. Especially since you are going both wayso_O with your puts and takes in the pass. Value in the two cigars seems close enough after researching the RA Caprichos a little more. So I wouldn't change it until that is debated either.

My mistake on missing the previous RE/LE for regular production. However since it flew before let's just keep rolling with it since it wouldn't be fair to say no now. Plus his value is close in from what I have found as well.
When it comes to age we need to be fair and go both ways like discussed before so I am good with these selections.
Josh thank you for your info and looking out. Does anyone else have some input?

Paul

I think Clint is back from his vacation, so I can ship to him as soon as my T's/P's are worked out. I guess I just need to know where we are here. Good conversation, and I'm happy to adjust a few things if need be.

Guess I'll just wait on anymore feedback that is provided, or just Paul's go ahead to move it along.

Original value - yes (maybe).

Try to get a Monte Sublime 2008 for under $30 now. (and call me if you do!!!!) :D
The price is not a concern - it's the age/rarity.

I didn't even see the EL / ER part of the pass thingy.

Original value - yes (maybe).

Try to get a Monte Sublime 2008 for under $30 now. (and call me if you do!!!!) :D
The price is not a concern - it's the age/rarity.

I didn't even see the EL / ER part of the pass thingy.

Sounds good, and call me if you find the PL Sobs available somewhere, and for less than $350 a box or $35 a stick. Sorry Gary, I have to staunchly disagree on this one.

Sounds good, and call me if you find the PL Sobs available somewhere, and for less than $350 a box or $35 a stick. Sorry Gary, I have to staunchly disagree on this one.

I never said it was money (agreed with you actually). - and I did see them for $300 - just not familiar with the site).

It's an age issue.

(like you haven't heard that before :sign: )

I think Clint is back from his vacation, so I can ship to him as soon as my T's/P's are worked out. I guess I just need to know where we are here. Good conversation, and I'm happy to adjust a few things if need be.

Guess I'll just wait on anymore feedback that is provided, or just Paul's go ahead to move it along.
I'm back but based on the above I might be in trouble finding something of equal value that you all are talking about. Hopefully there are a few sub $20 sticks or I'm screwed.

Someone clear this up for me...

EL/RE for EL/RE

What does that mean?

Limited Edition & Regional Edition but can also be a RE for an LE vice versa.

I went by previous T&P's when looking at Wyatt's and assumed that since it was already done, it was only fair to allow it again. I also took into consideration the flexible tone of this pass that was set.

I do see the rarity factor with the 2008 Monte. Easier to obtain a 14 PLS RE than an 08 Monte LE. Like I mentioned before, price wise most EL's and RE's are going to be up there and with an all CC pass, it's always difficult anyway. Price is not the issue with it. As for the age factor, that cat is out of the bag and not fair for the rest down the road.

Paul, so as I understand it, do you don't want to make any changes going forward or just on Wyatt's?

Well, I'm going to get this on it's way because it's been with me long enough.

I can't in good conscious, keep my T's and P's as is based on the feedback. I also don't have the time to redo a bunch and await more feedback and what not. I just have other things to do and this needs to get on it's way.

I'll repack and get it out to Clint tomorrow.

No takes, just puts:

P: Juan López Short Torpedo Edición Regional Caribe 2008 (RBT OCT 08)

Wyatt,

The P&T's have already been approved. The RE/LE thing has been commented on and Paul has decided to allow it as it has been done at a couple times before you so there is a precedent of it. The age factor was brought up at the beginning with the first group of P&T. A couple people expressed concern as the age increases rarity and value. Since age is not being considered a factor the rarity and value that the age creates is a new set of problems. Is the inflated value a consideration? Is the increased rarity? If they are what's the point of not considering age but considering the effects of that age on the other cigars.

This is the issue with age not being a factor. IMHO age is always a huge factor and contributes greatly to rarity and value. This pass started off with a huge jump and as most passes do they continue to improve and be enriched with each person down the line.

The pass has been very educational so far and has generated some great debut on the issue.

It would not be right for you to not take the sticks. They were approved by Paul and it would suck to see you finish your turn without taking something out of the pass.

Edited to fix spelling

Last edited:
What Josh said. I'm slammed at work right now so make sure you do your takes as they were approved.