• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your Feet Wet part III (Newbie Pass)

I don't think some of you realize that being selected to participate in one of Jonesy's passes is an honor and a privilege...not a right just for saying you're "in if it goes". It's also an education and it takes some commitment to do some research. Take it seriously, gents, and you will receive far more than you can ever hope to invest...and I'm not referring to the cigars.

I don't think some of you realize that being selected to participate in one of Jonesy's passes is an honor and a privilege...not a right just for saying you're "in if it goes". It's also an education and it takes some commitment to do some research. Take it seriously, gents, and you will receive far more than you can ever hope to invest...and I'm not referring to the cigars.

I've been reading through part two and its great to see this in progress. Its real cool how a group of people that have mostly never met each other, bond through the pass. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to be part of this. The amount of time and effort Jonesy puts into this is amazing.

I know this one is getting kind of full, but if there is still an available seat I'd love to get in here and have this be my first pass.

Art

Hi Guys,

Newb here too, but I'd love to get involved and learn about passes. I've been smoking for a couple years and love to try different cigars. I appreciate the consideration!

Rich

I would like to get in as well. Getting the first under the belt is a step toward bigger things! I look forward to being a part of this community for a long time! Thanks guys!

I will be going through the people that have shown interest sometime in January. Like Doc Wylie stated, just because you've posted an "I'm in" certainly does not solidify you a spot in this pass. Like I said in the first post, guys that have seniority and haven't participated in a pass yet get first consideration. Those of you with 6-8 months in and 10 posts, don't even bother to post in this thread because you'll be the first ones throw out in the initial look through. I'm looking for ACTIVE members that haven't had the pleasure of joining a pass yet so they can get a little experience. This will start around the middle or end of January if it gets off the ground. Thanks for the great response so far guys! :thumbs:

I'd like to be considered - would be my first pass. Thanks.

John

Thanks for the update and for the willingness to put this on Jonsey, we all appreciate it.

I will be going through the people that have shown interest sometime in January. Like Doc Wylie stated, just because you've posted an "I'm in" certainly does not solidify you a spot in this pass. Like I said in the first post, guys that have seniority and haven't participated in a pass yet get first consideration. Those of you with 6-8 months in and 10 posts, don't even bother to post in this thread because you'll be the first ones throw out in the initial look through. I'm looking for ACTIVE members that haven't had the pleasure of joining a pass yet so they can get a little experience. This will start around the middle or end of January if it gets off the ground. Thanks for the great response so far guys! :thumbs:

If this gets bumped for any reason to February 10th, I would like to be considered at that time. :whistling: Thanks.

I'd love to get in on this pass, i want to experience some good cigars

ps:If it makes any difference the reason i haven't been posting is because i just got back from my job in Iraq wiring up antennas

Reading through GFWP II and wow what a learning experience this pass is going to be. The participants of that pass are having such a good time and getting to know each other and about the cigars in the pass. I recommend everyone who is interested in this pass to do some reading of the previous passes.

Joined a little late to be considered for this one, might have to hop on to Newbie Pass II :thumbs:

I'll have plenty to smoke until I've "aged in the humi" enough. :D

I'd like to be considered for this one if you'll have me and I'm not too late.

I'd like in on this one, but for a slightly different reason. I have been around CP for a long time, but I have got a bunch of guys at the University of Arizona that are gaining an appreciation for cigars, and when I told them about box passes they were really interested. So, I would love to join in and let these guys see what a box pass is...

I'd be in on this, but I'm away to college expect for most weekends, so it would have to fit in. Count me as interested, though!

Reading through GFWP II and wow what a learning experience this pass is going to be. The participants of that pass are having such a good time and getting to know each other and about the cigars in the pass. I recommend everyone who is interested in this pass to do some reading of the previous passes.

Amen, Brother! As the most recent participant in GYFWP II, I echo this statement. It has been a learning experience like none other and with Jonesy prodding and pushing you to learn, learn, learn and then do some more learning you'll come out of this with more knowledge than you ever thought possible...and then realize there's LOTS more to learn. Yes, potential passers...go in and read the posts from this pass and its predecessor. If nothing else, it will give you some great insight into what this hobby can be both in terms of cigar knowledge and comradeship.

Jonesy, I appreciate you taking time to organize this pass. This would be my first CP pass. With that said, I'd love to join in if you'll have me.
Thanks,
Mike

I think I'm about ready for a pass though it looks as if there are many members with seniority in front of me. Hopefully I can get in on the next one.

I would love to join this pass, I've been waiting to get in on my first pass since I've joined and read all the great things and fun people have. I can vouch for Miamipadronsmoker is a great person and if this does go live you should allow him in.

I would love to be a part of this pass and haven't been in one before, though i did participate in SS08 which was a blast! I don't know if i qualify as "active" since i don't post a whole lot but i'm always reading the threads!! Thanks Jonesy for thinkin of the newbies...

Adam