• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

The bet was that he would not be retired by 02/01/2022. We made this bet in early 2021. He had been talking about retiring for years, but never filed the paperwork. The rules were: if he retired on or before 02/01/2022, I would pay him $50. If he worked 02/02/2022 or later, he would pay me.

His last day is 02/01/2022. Since we made this bet, our hours of operations have changed slightly as we dropped from three shifts to two shifts. I informed him on Wednesday that he had lost the bet. He argued that his last day was the 1st, but I reminded him that he was scheduled until 2am on the 2nd.

Apparently after that he told our manager that he was just showing up for his retirement party, and that he would not be working the shift as scheduled. So not only did he fall through on his commitment, our second shift operator that was scheduled off that day now has to come in mid vacation.

That, paired with the whole “I’m not going to do anything for the last month because you can’t do anything about it” mentality is what earned him a box of pennies.
Whada dick!

The bet was that he would not be retired by 02/01/2022. We made this bet in early 2021. He had been talking about retiring for years, but never filed the paperwork. The rules were: if he retired on or before 02/01/2022, I would pay him $50. If he worked 02/02/2022 or later, he would pay me.

His last day is 02/01/2022. Since we made this bet, our hours of operations have changed slightly as we dropped from three shifts to two shifts. I informed him on Wednesday that he had lost the bet. He argued that his last day was the 1st, but I reminded him that he was scheduled until 2am on the 2nd.

Apparently after that he told our manager that he was just showing up for his retirement party, and that he would not be working the shift as scheduled. So not only did he fall through on his commitment, our second shift operator that was scheduled off that day now has to come in mid vacation.

That, paired with the whole “I’m not going to do anything for the last month because you can’t do anything about it” mentality is what earned him a box of pennies.
That absolutely deserves glitter as well.

Today is the day! The old coot retires. No more complaints from the customers he always screams at for simply walking in the door. Carrying this box to his truck will be the most work he’s done in the last 7 years 🤣🤣
View attachment 51809
Hayden, tell us how you finally finished off the package and make sure to keep us posted about his reaction.

Went to the vets with our beagle, he had three growths on the side of his head. Two had been there for a couple of years, the third just showed up yesterday with a swollen left side of his face. His eye was half shut and he looks more like a boxer or rottweiler than a beagle. Turns out to be an infection. Just glade it was not something worse.