• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

Not sure yet. This will only be my sons 3rd time skiing and we are going with a buddy from Denver. I was thinking
Eldora
Loveland
Winter Park
A Basin is fun. Despite a lot of extreme stuff it also has good intermediate as well.

I've heard great things about Loveland, mainly in regard to avoiding crowds and traffic.
Yeah we've done Loveland the last couple times. My buddy just told me he has an "epic pass" so we have to go to Vail, Breckenridge, or Keystone. Vail is a ways further, Keystone seems smaller... so I think now we are going to Breckenridge.

Yeah we've done Loveland the last couple times. My buddy just told me he has an "epic pass" so we have to go to Vail, Breckenridge, or Keystone. Vail is a ways further, Keystone seems smaller... so I think now we are going to Breckenridge.

Crested Butte is a haul, but it’s on the Epic as well. It’s a great place, great town and shouldn’t be too crowded.

Enjoy that colonoscopy. @Thoughts tells us that most of his patients keep coming back year after year, so you know it must be good.
Well .... the procedure went well for me, but not so good for the doc! After the procedure he explained everything and said "unfortunately, we will have to do it again in a year, the prep wasn't very good". I explained that between the 7 pages of instructions the VA sent me, and the 5 pages of microscopic instructions the pharmacy sent me, I could not find clear instructions.

I also explained that the letter his office sent me had no instructions and that when I called his office yesterday morning, they told me they could not tell me anything..... I needed to call the pharmacy. At that, he and the nurse both looked at each other in horror and he asked if I knew who I spoke to? I didn't!

He was VERY professional and very kind considering what I just did to him!

One year at Breckenridge, me and a buddy got over a mountain too far and too close to closing time. Had to find a way to get back to the mountain our condo was on or we'd have quite a hike after a day of skiing.

Using our superior map reading skills, we decide that there was one way - we had to take The Devil's Crotch. I can't remember if it was double black, I think there was a skill designation above double black. We weren't that skillful. We made it, can't really say we skied it all that much, but we caught the lift we needed and made it back in one piece.

@CigarStone - remind me to tell the story of my broken tailbone and how the doctor sets a broken tailbone!

Keystone is plenty big and they also have night skiing. You won't be able to ski above tree lie but you can at A Basin just up the road.

Keystone is plenty big and they also have night skiing. You won't be able to ski above tree lie but you can at A Basin just up the road.
They seem to be the same price, are you recommending Keystone over Breckenridge?

They seem to be the same price, are you recommending Keystone over Breckenridge?
Breckenridge is a much cooler town, scenery, and nightlife. I was thinking Keystone might be closer to you?

Edited to add, I may not be the right person to ask as I haven't actively skied out there in quite some time.

Breckenridge is a much cooler town, scenery, and nightlife. I was thinking Keystone might be closer to you?

Edited to add, I may not be the right person to ask as I haven't actively skied out there in quite some time.
My buddy is bringing a 5 year old new skier and from what I read Breckenridge is better for that. We are driving up and back in the same day so we won't be doing any nightlife stuff. But I would like to go back sometime and do that. Pretty sure Breckenridge is the right choice for us.