• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

My pops has had a bad back for years. His stenosis was getting worse and it was hard watching him stand all hunched over in pain, seeing him walk with a sideways shuffle. For those of you that don't know, it is a narrowing of the nerve canal in the spine that puts pressure on the nerves, leading to pain, numbness, and loss of strength. I had been pushing him for some time to get the surgery to clean out the canal, but he refused. Because he was comparing apples to oranges, talking to people that have had fusions, and bulging disc surgeries involving plates, screws, and cages. They were all telling him they regret the surgery they had, and were in worse shape than before. Stenosis surgery involves scraping/cleaning out the canal to relieve the pressure being put on the nerves. A lot less invasive.

He finally caved and had the surgery done yesterday. I was a little nervous because I would feel bad if things did go south. He and my mom just got home from the hospital and he says he already feels much better. I'm happy because the Ring motion cam just alerted me. He's using a cane per Dr.'s orders, but man that video made my eyes a little moist. He had a normal stride and he's standing straight already a little less than 17 hours post surgery . 🥲 😎
CAB86142-080B-40B5-8A85-1C6465ACD352.jpeg

My pops has had a bad back for years. His stenosis was getting worse and it was hard watching him stand all hunched over in pain, seeing him walk with a sideways shuffle. For those of you that don't know, it is a narrowing of the nerve canal in the spine that puts pressure on the nerves, leading to pain, numbness, and loss of strength. I had been pushing him for some time to get the surgery to clean out the canal, but he refused. Because he was comparing apples to oranges, talking to people that have had fusions, and bulging disc surgeries involving plates, screws, and cages. They were all telling him they regret the surgery they had, and were in worse shape than before. Stenosis surgery involves scraping/cleaning out the canal to relieve the pressure being put on the nerves. A lot less invasive.

He finally caved and had the surgery done yesterday. I was a little nervous because I would feel bad if things did go south. He and my mom just got home from the hospital and he says he already feels much better. I'm happy because the Ring motion cam just alerted me. He's using a cane per Dr.'s orders, but man that video made my eyes a little moist. He had a normal stride and he's standing straight already a little less than 17 hours post surgery . 🥲 😎
View attachment 65544
Awesome to hear! Next time don't make them walk home from the Hospital....

View attachment 65544
Happy to hear this john!