• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

finished not long ago 3 days of 12 hour shifts at the hospital. Many nurses say doing your 3 day shifts all back to back is too much and I agree that it’s exhausting but it’s do able and having 4 days off is quite the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. According to my manager, I’m right where I should be in my orientation rotation and she gave a lot of great feedback and perspective on some of the more challenging aspects of the last 3 days.
Even more so, the family was supportive and the kids welcomed me home every night.
I’m very happy with how this experiment is going.
So, do you work 3-on, 4-off? Or, are you mandated a certain number of 12 hour shifts per week/rotation/month/whatev, and it is up to you how you schedule them? You are a young'n and still bright eyed with wonder, so pulling the 12's right now is a novelty. Listen to those with the experience, though; you don't want to end up burning yourself out too quickly. Four days off is definitely a nice incentive, though, for sure!

So, do you work 3-on, 4-off? Or, are you mandated a certain number of 12 hour shifts per week/rotation/month/whatev, and it is up to you how you schedule them? You are a young'n and still bright eyed with wonder, so pulling the 12's right now is a novelty. Listen to those with the experience, though; you don't want to end up burning yourself out too quickly. Four days off is definitely a nice incentive, though, for sure!
I need to work 3 12’s a week (Sun-Sat). Since I’m working with a Preceptor (I’m on Orientation through the end of the year) I work their schedule. However since I had a day of training at the end of the week and could not work with my Preceptor, I got paired up with my back-up Preceptor and the day I ended up working just happened to be yesterday which made for a 3 shift in a row schedule.
I am asking around to see what folks like there schedule to be and why and every one has their own preference but I wanted to see what doing 3 on, 4 off was like while I still had my safety net.

I need to work 3 12’s a week (Sun-Sat). Since I’m working with a Preceptor (I’m on Orientation through the end of the year) I work their schedule. However since I had a day of training at the end of the week and could not work with my Preceptor, I got paired up with my back-up Preceptor and the day I ended up working just happened to be yesterday which made for a 3 shift in a row schedule.
I am asking around to see what folks like there schedule to be and why and every one has their own preference but I wanted to see what doing 3 on, 4 off was like while I still had my safety net.
I used to do 12s ,(working every other weekend)now doing 4 10s (3 day weekend every weekend)

Now 12hrs Tue-thurs paid for 40 and fri-mon off would be quite tempting.

John @jfields and I are headed to my son's camp in the Allegheny National Forest today to help cut firewood Saturday and then hunt Monday and Tuesday.

I am looking forward to hanging with my brother, smoking some good cigars (not mine of course), drinking some good beer, and eating some of John's amazing cooking!

Can't wait!

I used to do 12s ,(working every other weekend)now doing 4 10s (3 day weekend every weekend)

Now 12hrs Tue-thurs paid for 40 and fri-mon off would be quite tempting.

Back in my oilfield days, 7 day weeks were the norm (just 8 hr days). A few years of that takes a toll, now it's 7 off/ 7 off and that's much better.

John @jfields and I are headed to my son's camp in the Allegheny National Forest today to help cut firewood Saturday and then hunt Monday and Tuesday.

I am looking forward to hanging with my brother, smoking some good cigars (not mine of course), drinking some good beer, and eating some of John's amazing cooking!

Can't wait!
So Fuggin happy to finally get here! 😎

Can't wait to spring my surprise you in the morning.

I honest God don't know what thread this should be in so I'm just going to put it here!

@jfields John just walked past me into the bathroom in his underwear and said something about how he couldn't feel completely fresh without Massengale.

10 seconds later he stuck his head out the door and asked me a question, I said did you just use the word massengale? ...... as in massingale disposable douche?

To which he said "yeah I knew it had something to do with feminine hygiene."

WTF?

I honest God don't know what thread this should be in so I'm just going to put it here!

@jfields John just walked past me into the bathroom in his underwear and said something about how he couldn't feel completely fresh without Massengale.

10 seconds later he stuck his head out the door and asked me a question, I said did you just use the word massengale? ...... as in massingale disposable douche?

WTF?
It was just my special way to tell you I did not feel so fresh after sharting earlier today.

It was just my special way to tell you I did not feel so fresh after sharting earlier today.
John bent down to pick up the log spliter, and yelped. I thought "he hurt his back" but no ...... he says "I touched cotton".

He waddles into the camp and I get lam-basted with airbourne shit!

No matter where I went, I could not get away from it.

I said "you touched the Allegheny National Forest!"

WTF?
You guys know the brand name of douches?