• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

Today the wife and I went car shopping. I’m happy to say we replaced her 08 Mazda 3 (which I despised!!) with a 2017 Honda Accord Sport Special Edition. The icing on the cake is that today is her birthday. Now I forever get to remind her I bought her a car for her birthday! 🤣

E217A7E0-C113-4B81-A093-EFAC4AE4CF99.jpeg

Today the wife and I went car shopping. I’m happy to say we replaced her 08 Mazda 3 (which I despised!!) with a 2017 Honda Accord Sport Special Edition. The icing on the cake is that today is her birthday. Now I forever get to remind her I bought her a car for her birthday! 🤣

View attachment 29946

That's a good looking sedan! It's a Honda, so it should at least last until she stops reminding you about things you've done in the past. :D

Hoping for the best!

Thanks. They ended up just doing an ultrasound rather than a full MRI (which I can't say I'm upset about). The doctor pointed out some of the things he was seeing, thought they just looked like blobs to me. Turns out I have a partially torn ligament and some joint degeneration. He explained the ligament, and said, "this will probably make it uncomfortable for you to move like this (demonstrates several actions)". He was 100% on that diagnosis. Then he pointed out the joint damage, and again explained some actions/movements for which it would cause pain, and that it is likely I would feel it radiating down my arm, up my neck, and across my chest on that side. Again, 100% spot-on. Another odd truth he seemed to pull out of thin air, is that it "probably causes me unnatural discomfort" (love that Dutch plainness) to sleep on my right side, since many people rest their arm under their pillow/head. Damn, doc. I thought I was getting shafted with them only doing an ultrasound, rather than a full MRI. So, color me happy with the way the appointment turned out. Now I wait to meet with the GP to have him/her read the results and we come up with a treatment plan. Even though he was batting .1000 on the ultrasound, he wouldn't even begin to speculate what the GP's treatment options might be.

Thanks. They ended up just doing an ultrasound rather than a full MRI (which I can't say I'm upset about). The doctor pointed out some of the things he was seeing, thought they just looked like blobs to me. Turns out I have a partially torn ligament and some joint degeneration. He explained the ligament, and said, "this will probably make it uncomfortable for you to move like this (demonstrates several actions)". He was 100% on that diagnosis. Then he pointed out the joint damage, and again explained some actions/movements for which it would cause pain, and that it is likely I would feel it radiating down my arm, up my neck, and across my chest on that side. Again, 100% spot-on. Another odd truth he seemed to pull out of thin air, is that it "probably causes me unnatural discomfort" (love that Dutch plainness) to sleep on my right side, since many people rest their arm under their pillow/head. Damn, doc. I thought I was getting shafted with them only doing an ultrasound, rather than a full MRI. So, color me happy with the way the appointment turned out. Now I wait to meet with the GP to have him/her read the results and we come up with a treatment plan. Even though he was batting .1000 on the ultrasound, he wouldn't even begin to speculate what the GP's treatment options might be.

That all sounds like good news! Shoulder pain is no joke. I had a grade 3 AC separation years ago and it was no fun.

Hopefully you have a quick recovery time!

Currently on my way to the Pennsylvania National Forest to visit my good friend Jeff (@CigarStone) at his hunting cabin for five days. Met him here on this cigar forum in 2007. One of those people that became family in every true sense of the word. He’s one of those guys where I could easily go two years without seeing/speaking and we’d pick up right where we left off.

I remember my wife @britishfields thinking I’d lost my marbles going to go on a HERF camping trip with him and several other guys I met here virtually back then. I remember myself thinking back then that it’ll either be fantastic, or a really loooong weekend. He and I connected immediately, and some of the best friend moments in my life have his name attached to them

Why just take a few when you can easily take the whole dry box... 😉

Very cool. I've made many better internet friends in life than I have face-to-face locally. Have fun!

I expect to see another photo of that humidor empty on the return trip...

Had a long night last night. A local photographer caught this neat shot. My captain and I were in the bucket for about 4.5 hours and laid down about 15,000 gallons from above. Sadly the owner of this farm is one of my customers. 1200 pigs lost.

1A5B743F-1CB0-43CB-869E-B748EE973777.jpeg

Posted here because even though it really sucks, it was a ton of fun for us.

Ok, I’m almost 14 hours in.

So I’m almost 14 hours in, keeping 💪!
Speaking of keeping 💪, this got delivered today. It’s a knockoff but it is a good knockoff. It’s just as quiet and works just as well as my friends legit version and I could buy 3 of these things for his cost. Or 4 bottles of Whistle Pig Rye. Just kidding because I’m 💪! 40 days, here I come!View attachment 29873
I have really thought about getting one of these for the clinic but the typical ones are WAAAAAAAAYYYYy too expensive. Can you send me the link for where you got it?

I have really thought about getting one of these for the clinic but the typical ones are WAAAAAAAAYYYYy too expensive. Can you send me the link for where you got it?
I’m working on sending that info to you via PM.
on another note, I took my first midterm today on my journey towards earning my nursing degree. I feel good about it, and I will have to wait to see my score as there were essay questions that will need to be graded. But hopefully it is in line with the first two quizzes that I took which have a combined total of 24 out of 25 points between the two quizzes.

That sucks to hear about the pigs/farmer. I understand the "happy" part of it, though. I have a good friend who is an aeromed helicopter pilot. He is always posting about how great of a day he had flying, meanwhile I'm thinking, "It wasn't such a great day for the dude in the back...". I mean, every time he takes off, it means that someone is probably having the worst day of their life. On the other hand, he's gaining incredible flying experience and providing a (literally) life-saving service and chance for those who require the airlift. Hell of a dichotomy to try and wrap your head around...

I’m working on sending that info to you via PM.
on another note, I took my first midterm today on my journey towards earning my nursing degree. I feel good about it, and I will have to wait to see my score as there were essay questions that will need to be graded. But hopefully it is in line with the first two quizzes that I took which have a combined total of 24 out of 25 points between the two quizzes.
That’s awesome man! Congrats!