• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

Just made El Cerrito CA our home for the near future with a home purchase! First cigar in months was enjoyed a few days ago in our back yard.

Looking forward to a beer gut and a back problem, that’s how this works, right?
Congratulations! Now it’s time to visit Home Depot or Lowe’s to truly make it yours!
PM me your new address.

So, apparently we are showing our house this Friday. We want to sell, but with our current situation and work and family and etc we just haven’t had the time to clean and get it all set up. Well, one of our real estate friends told us Monday they had a client very interested in our house. So now we have been cleaning like mad to get it ‘decent’ as the wife puts it. I’m not hopeful on it but maybe it will push up towards wanting to actually list it more, since my job is around an hour away.

also, getting a new couch and leather recliner tomorrow. I honestly think I’m more excited about it. We are getting rid of a sectional by Ashely that the ‘pleather’ has been steadily shedding off of, so definitely excited about that. I will gladly sleep on this couch during doghouse times. Lol.View attachment 31438View attachment 31439
Couch may not look like much but the cushions are part memory foam and if you take the cushions off it will allow two people to lay down on it without touching.
The big plushy recliner is what my kids used to call "the old man chair" and will never again live without one!

After playing golf all day long Friday/Saturday/Sunday in upwards of 108 degree heat, I would welcome some cold weather as I am still not cooled down!! Tournament was oversold, so each day was almost a 7 hour round :mad: 🥵🥵

After playing golf all day long Friday/Saturday/Sunday in upwards of 108 degree heat, I would welcome some cold weather as I am still not cooled down!! Tournament was oversold, so each day was almost a 7 hour round :mad: 🥵🥵
I enjoy golf, but thats just insane!!!

Eesh, it was almost 80 here the other day and that felt sweltering.

There was a lot of snow up there...

IMG_20200608_112713.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200608_112713.jpg
    IMG_20200608_112713.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20200608_110908.jpg
    IMG_20200608_110908.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20200608_103225.jpg
    IMG_20200608_103225.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 3
Well, now I feel better. I had the choice, no smoke or sweat at 93° at 2045. So now I stink !

Finally diagnosed the shit box. I replaced or wrenched in 90% of the drive train components before replacing the CV joint. The old one was a little dry.. Smooth as silk now. Imagine that.. 9DA0FE6B-6362-464E-B2FA-C12152588C18.jpeg

Did you end up just replacing the entire half-shaft?
The front U joint was fine (luckily because it’s not serviceable) so I got away with just doing the CV joint. Other than that I changed the fluid in both diffs and the transfer case

edit: For some reason they made the front U joint a fixed part so if it goes out you have to replace the whole shaft. So I got lucky this time

The front U joint was fine (luckily because it’s not serviceable) so I got away with just doing the CV joint. Other than that I changed the fluid in both diffs and the transfer case

edit: For some reason they made the front U joint a fixed part so if it goes out you have to replace the whole shaft. So I got lucky this time

Oh, I hear you on that one. The ball joints on my 2005 Ram 1500 are (were) not serviceable, and the lower ball joint required an entire new A-arm. The CV boots are not a replaceable part, and to try and do so would have been more expensive than to just replace the half shaft up front. I went through a wrenching kick a few years ago where I spent most of my free time on the lifts at the base hobby shop. I learned a lot (and cursed a lot) during that time, and replaced everything I could with serviceable MOOG parts. It's actually about time to do some more regular maintenance, but I don't know where to dispose of fluids and such here. In Hawaii, you just tossed it all in the trash, because it was all incinerated. I'm not sure about here, and they don't sell fluid absorption boxes here. I need to change front and rear diff fluids, oil change, grease all the zerk fittings, and mayyyyybe change transmission fluid. That one is a pain because the whole pan has to come off and it's hard to do in the driveway without making a mess. It's about time for new plugs, packs, and wires, but fuck that -- I have no shame in paying someone else to climb and contort themselves around in there changing 16 of all those things!

Oh, I hear you on that one. The ball joints on my 2005 Ram 1500 are (were) not serviceable, and the lower ball joint required an entire new A-arm. The CV boots are not a replaceable part, and to try and do so would have been more expensive than to just replace the half shaft up front. I went through a wrenching kick a few years ago where I spent most of my free time on the lifts at the base hobby shop. I learned a lot (and cursed a lot) during that time, and replaced everything I could with serviceable MOOG parts. It's actually about time to do some more regular maintenance, but I don't know where to dispose of fluids and such here. In Hawaii, you just tossed it all in the trash, because it was all incinerated. I'm not sure about here, and they don't sell fluid absorption boxes here. I need to change front and rear diff fluids, oil change, grease all the zerk fittings, and mayyyyybe change transmission fluid. That one is a pain because the whole pan has to come off and it's hard to do in the driveway without making a mess. It's about time for new plugs, packs, and wires, but fuck that -- I have no shame in paying someone else to climb and contort themselves around in there changing 16 of all those things!
Yeah, manufacturers seem to be going away from serviceable parts. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a grease zero under this Jeep. They make more money that way. If I intended on running this thing another 100k miles Inwould have out in grease-able parts along the way. But I really just need it to run smoothly until spring. And then to hell with it. Lol, I’m jealous you had a lift, the CV joint had to be assembled under the vehicle because a cross meneber prevented it from fitting as one shaft unit and the rain leaked under the weather lining in my buddies garage. By the time I got home I caked in mud. Ten years ago I’d be all over that but now I frequently catch myself saying “I’m getting too old for this shit” (I know I’m gonna catch shit for saying that lol)

Very happy with my Sensor Push... I set my alerts to “notify” when the humidity drops... works perfectly... I usually catch it before the alarm goes off 😃

974AF9CB-DE69-4EC4-A4B8-1241286D8BDD.png
8AF2BE40-BED2-421B-819E-8132710CAAF9.png