• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

Got several projects going on right now. Still building the Pergola outside after finishing the deck addition and adding Trex.
Installed real HVAC (Mitsubishi Ductless Mini Split - aka Mr. Slim) in the cigar lounge today and ripped out the sliding glass door that closed it off from the main house. We used to just use a propane heater and a portable AC unit that couldn’t quite keep up when it was hot outside. Wife stripped the walls and we are getting ready to remodel the room. Have plans to cover the wood and ceiling with reclaimed barn wood, install a nice new laminate over the tile, and then install some type of barn door so we can close the room off if it gets too smoky in there.
4EC06148-BB6F-4DDA-B51B-1D50A56815EC.jpeg67155FCC-D508-44AA-A705-603D8357B212.jpeg30FE8556-9D31-49DA-BCC6-A015FC5FF6D3.jpeg

We had a big hog barn fire a while back. Came across these pictures again and brought on some fun memories. We had just got this new ladder truck a few months ago and my Captain and I were the first two to flow water from the bucket. We were up in the air for about five hours and flowed over 35,000 gallons of water. The owner of this farm happens to be a customer of mine at the mill. We seldom get to use a ladder truck for actual fire operations so this has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid!

26DA5B15-1230-4B10-A192-FBD104C16CA3.jpeg9D13180E-4953-45ED-A338-73EA4DFE7288.jpeg72AF9342-1ECE-4BF5-847C-40AFA7084C57.jpeg
Edited for clarity. My bad guys.

Last edited:
We had a big hog barn fire a few weeks back and these pictures have just submerged. We just got this new ladder truck a few months ago and my Captain and I were the first two to flow water from the bucket. We were up in the air for about five hours and flowed over 35,000 gallons of water. The owner of this farm happens to be a customer of mine at the mill. We seldom get to use a ladder truck for actual fire operations so this has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid!

View attachment 31632View attachment 31631View attachment 31630
Thank you for your service!!!

We had a big hog barn fire a few weeks back and these pictures have just submerged. We just got this new ladder truck a few months ago and my Captain and I were the first two to flow water from the bucket. We were up in the air for about five hours and flowed over 35,000 gallons of water. The owner of this farm happens to be a customer of mine at the mill. We seldom get to use a ladder truck for actual fire operations so this has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid!

View attachment 31632View attachment 31631View attachment 31630
What brand is that apparatus? Seagrave, Pierce?
I seem to remember seeing these pictures before.... Maybe on Facebook. Did he lose a bunch of hogs? Looks cold AF!

I seem to remember seeing these pictures before.... Maybe on Facebook. Did he lose a bunch of hogs? Looks cold AF!
Sutphen. Yeah, posted on Facebook before. I came across the photos on my phone and I didn’t think I had shared it here, so I posted.

IIRC, the farmer lost about 3,000 hogs in that one. I do recall those photos, as well.

We had a street gathering/cookout yesterday evening that was properly socially distanced. Until the alcohol really started to hit. If I'm dead in two weeks, I take full responsibility for my actions. However, I did meet two dudes here on my street who are true cigar enthusiasts, and not just, "sure, I'll accept and smoke a quarter of a cigar with you!" types. In fact, when I came back with the Mag 54s and he saw my assortment of cutters and lighters, one of the guys said, "Oh, you are a real cigar smoker. EXCELLENT!". He expected me to be what I expected them to be. Lifelong friendships were made, immediately. 🤣

Happy is meeting BOTL's, and today on virtual I had the pleasure of Nick Kann and Chester ( Drunkfish ). You guys are sure young!, but I enjoyed the opportunity and sharing. I also realized I need to shave, I even looked worse than a old Pug. Me bad.