• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

Poor leadership leads to poor performance and lower morale. Think of it as a business. You could have an incredible staff, but if your boss doesn’t know how to lead or direct staff, you will fail. Players make mistakes, but it’s the coach’s job to work with the coordinators to correct those mistakes. If the defense keeps missing tackles. Drill on tackling. If you struggle with constant pass interference, work on developing your defense to be more conscious of positioning. Making the same mistakes week after week eventually falls on the coaches, not the players IMO.

Poor leadership leads to poor performance and lower morale. Think of it as a business. You could have an incredible staff, but if your boss doesn’t know how to lead or direct staff, you will fail. Players make mistakes, but it’s the coach’s job to work with the coordinators to correct those mistakes. If the defense keeps missing tackles. Drill on tackling. If you struggle with constant pass interference, work on developing your defense to be more conscious of positioning. Making the same mistakes week after week eventually falls on the coaches, not the players IMO.

Perfect world :)

This coming from an NFC North fan 💪

Having coached many teams, with many different skill sets, I agree and don't agree. On one hand, we make the playoffs every year due to coaching more than anything else. We either win state or lose in the first round based on talent, there's only so much coaching can do. For example, if your players or fast, strong, smart enough to get into position to and then complete a tackle, you can drill it until you're blue in the face and the bigger stronger, more athletic players will still run them over.

So I guess what I'm saying is, it's not an all one or the other thing, and imo the Loins have been bad in both ways for a long time. Also, not naive enough to not realize comparing small town high school football to the NFL is apples to oranges also. Cups throw in there the fact they don't really practice in the NFL anymore, so working on any technique stuff is difficult.

Well I just want to say it makes me happy that there are others that are as miserable as this Cowboy fan... 😂 And no it’s not all about the coach, you either have the play makers or you don’t!!!

Happy my Redskins (screw pc) are showing signs of becoming a team, and handed Pittsburgh their only loss so far this year. Happy for Alex Smith. What a story of triumph over adversity. He’s an inspiration!
Agreed, even though I’m a die hard Seahawks fan, I’m also a big fan of Alex Smith...