• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

And I love her! Sweet girl with an evil genius side... I feel old. Those hiking and river trips take a toll. I need to get down to 200, but I always seem stuck between 240 and 230.
That's the perfect weight! :hifive:

Received my new test socket today for my leg. The good news is that I have a leg that fits right, again, and I can be upright as can. Bad news is that two months of downtime has me weak and wobbly (more than normal). I'll probably be walking with a crutch or cane for a while until I get back to full speed.

Received my new test socket today for my leg. The good news is that I have a leg that fits right, again, and I can be upright as can. Bad news is that two months of downtime has me weak and wobbly (more than normal). I'll probably be walking with a crutch or cane for a while until I get back to full speed.
This is still good news. You can't "get back in the saddle" until it fits. Way better than a wheel chair!!

Back in March, my father lost his job due to his position being shipped overseas. COVID proved to make the hiring process for many companies very cumbersome. He informed me this morning that he accepted a position as a lead engineer for Whirlpool that he interviewed for over 8 months ago. This year has been very uncertain for my parents, and I couldn’t be happier that he landed the job he wanted. His counterpart is a guy he worked with for years at his former company. Couldn’t have worked out better. Sorry for the long post, I’m just thrilled for him right now 😎

Back in March, my father lost his job due to his position being shipped overseas. COVID proved to make the hiring process for many companies very cumbersome. He informed me this morning that he accepted a position as a lead engineer for Whirlpool that he interviewed for over 8 months ago. This year has been very uncertain for my parents, and I couldn’t be happier that he landed the job he wanted. His counterpart is a guy he worked with for years at his former company. Couldn’t have worked out better. Sorry for the long post, I’m just thrilled for him right now 😎
This is awesome I am so glad to hear its starting to turn around. Having stability AND a job he will like are both important.

No need to be sorry for the long post! I know it can be hard being laid off, so glad he's back to working. That in itself, can be a huge boost to self esteem. Time to take over a beer/bourbon and a cigar, to celebrate with him.

That is awesome news! Would love to see a picture of it, if it’s not too much trouble. You will be back to full speed in no time (just don’t take it too fast 😊)

Nah! Too heavy. 200 - 215 is my ideal. Feels good on the joints, but not too light that I feel like I have no strength at six foot four.
Yes, that’s too heavy for your age, it will start affecting your circulatory system. Get on a program, and lose the weight... it will make a big difference now, and especially 10 years down the road...

Yes, that’s too heavy for your age, it will start affecting your circulatory system. Get on a program, and lose the weight... it will make a big difference now, and especially 10 years down the road...
I ballooned to 265 not long ago. Blood pressure was off the charts. Diet and exercise has helped, but I’ve stalled at 235 - 238. Even though people that see me are telling me I look better, I feel like I still have further to go. It doesn’t matter if I drink a lot of beer or just two to three a week, it kills any progress. Blood pressure is under control at least.

I ballooned to 265 not long ago. Blood pressure was off the charts. Diet and exercise has helped, but I’ve stalled at 235 - 238. Even though people that see me are telling me I look better, I feel like I still have further to go. It doesn’t matter if I drink a lot of beer or just two to three a week, it kills any progress. Blood pressure is under control at least.

ETA - Wait! You’re saying 200 is too heavy? 🤨

Some of you saw on FB, but I don't think I've posted in here before, so here goes.

I received some great news a few weeks ago. After 18 years of active duty service in the Army I recently applied for, and was selected to be the Officer In Charge/Deputy Commander of the 129th RTI (Regional Training Institute) for the State of Illinois. I will responsible for managing all training and schooling which the Illinois Army National Guard offers to Guard/Reserve/Active Duty Soldiers.

The position comes with an eventual promotion to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, which has always been my career goal to reach. I'll get to do that and in a few years retire from the military.

It will create some challenges, as I'm not moving my family this time (I've moved 19 times in the last 20 years). I'm going to do a combination of commuting the 1hr 50mins and staying with many friends I have in Springfield, IL a few times a week. We'll figure out how to make it work, it was too good of a position and opportunity to pass up.

So there's my first Happy Thread post. Haha!

Some of you saw on FB, but I don't think I've posted in here before, so here goes.

I received some great news a few weeks ago. After 18 years of active duty service in the Army I recently applied for, and was selected to be the Officer In Charge/Deputy Commander of the 129th RTI (Regional Training Institute) for the State of Illinois. I will responsible for managing all training and schooling which the Illinois Army National Guard offers to Guard/Reserve/Active Duty Soldiers.

The position comes with an eventual promotion to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, which has always been my career goal to reach. I'll get to do that and in a few years retire from the military.

It will create some challenges, as I'm not moving my family this time (I've moved 19 times in the last 20 years). I'm going to do a combination of commuting the 1hr 50mins and staying with many friends I have in Springfield, IL a few times a week. We'll figure out how to make it work, it was too good of a position and opportunity to pass up.

So there's my first Happy Thread post. Haha!
Congrats!!! That is very exciting to reach your goal!!!