• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

Some of you saw on FB, but I don't think I've posted in here before, so here goes.

I received some great news a few weeks ago. After 18 years of active duty service in the Army I recently applied for, and was selected to be the Officer In Charge/Deputy Commander of the 129th RTI (Regional Training Institute) for the State of Illinois. I will responsible for managing all training and schooling which the Illinois Army National Guard offers to Guard/Reserve/Active Duty Soldiers.

The position comes with an eventual promotion to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, which has always been my career goal to reach. I'll get to do that and in a few years retire from the military.

It will create some challenges, as I'm not moving my family this time (I've moved 19 times in the last 20 years). I'm going to do a combination of commuting the 1hr 50mins and staying with many friends I have in Springfield, IL a few times a week. We'll figure out how to make it work, it was too good of a position and opportunity to pass up.

So there's my first Happy Thread post. Haha!
Congratulations

Some of you saw on FB, but I don't think I've posted in here before, so here goes.

I received some great news a few weeks ago. After 18 years of active duty service in the Army I recently applied for, and was selected to be the Officer In Charge/Deputy Commander of the 129th RTI (Regional Training Institute) for the State of Illinois. I will responsible for managing all training and schooling which the Illinois Army National Guard offers to Guard/Reserve/Active Duty Soldiers.

The position comes with an eventual promotion to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, which has always been my career goal to reach. I'll get to do that and in a few years retire from the military.

It will create some challenges, as I'm not moving my family this time (I've moved 19 times in the last 20 years). I'm going to do a combination of commuting the 1hr 50mins and staying with many friends I have in Springfield, IL a few times a week. We'll figure out how to make it work, it was too good of a position and opportunity to pass up.

Much deserved! I remember when you first joined, such a little starry eyed Army dude, with a picture that was posted in Cigar Aficionado.

Fantastic news! And well deserved... Congrats Wyatt!

I ballooned to 265 not long ago. Blood pressure was off the charts. Diet and exercise has helped, but I’ve stalled at 235 - 238. Even though people that see me are telling me I look better, I feel like I still have further to go. It doesn’t matter if I drink a lot of beer or just two to three a week, it kills any progress. Blood pressure is under control at least.
I lost ~50 pounds when I quit drinking, changing absolutely nothing else! 😂

Congratulations! My wife was was in Training in the Air Force, and has transitioned that into her ODC job here at the embassy. That job is going to open a lot of doors, post-military.

Yes, that’s too heavy for your age, it will start affecting your circulatory system. Get on a program, and lose the weight... it will make a big difference now, and especially 10 years down the road...
I like eating too much, need to get to ~210 though. A little exercise would go a long way.

That’s incredible!! Very well done! Drink and smoke something special tonight!

If this doesn’t make you happy then I don’t know what will. I do t know what this is, but one thing is for sure, it’s 💯 awesome! I mean is it a moped, or is it a trike? It has a trailer hitch and some gnarly fenders, I guess you’d call them. And the best part, the person to this to a grocery store while a winter storm is happening. We’re getting freezing rain, sleet and 3-6” of snow today. this definitely puts a smile on my face. 3677C28C-4531-4D6E-AFB4-A1D97BE8762F.jpeg

If this doesn’t make you happy then I don’t know what will. I do t know what this is, but one thing is for sure, it’s 💯 awesome! I mean is it a moped, or is it a trike? It has a trailer hitch and some gnarly fenders, I guess you’d call them. And the best part, the person to this to a grocery store while a winter storm is happening. We’re getting freezing rain, sleet and 3-6” of snow today. this definitely puts a smile on my face. View attachment 36861
Are they fenders or fairings? 😂

I just took my final Final for A&P 1 and got an A on the test, and an A in the class. Next semester is onto A&P 2!
Confirmation Jon!
Donella is working toward her Doctorate. She’s been a basket case the last two week with her course work. I know how hard this stuff is.

Confirmation Jon!
Donella is working toward her Doctorate. She’s been a basket case the last two week with her course work. I know how hard this stuff is.
My wife is working on hers as well. One benefit of being unemployed is she has way more time to focus on that! 😂