• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

As I posted in the Daily, I smoked my first cigar in over 6 weeks today. Mag 54, of course. I gotta tell you -- I'd been feeling pretty shitty lately; I think the isolation in this fucking room has finally been getting to me. Getting to sit outside today in sunny weather, reading with a cigar while the dog ran around the yard like an idiot, I can't tell you how much that helped, and how... recharged I am feeling right now. I cut my hair and shaved tonight for the first time since the day before I broke my arm, and I feel almost human again.

I'm not sure if the cigar thing might be a daily happening without pushback from die Frau, but I'll take what I can get at this point.
That is great news!!!! Will be nice to have you back even if she has you ease into it slowly.

Looks good, John! The bathroom is a'ight, too... :p

I have my follow up appointment with the surgeon tomorrow, so we'll find out if all this hard work has been worth it the last few weeks. ;)

@jfields looks great brother!!!
Thanks everyone! Pretty pleased with it.
Forgot to tell you Aaron..... The asbestos thing. That’s my profession. While it’s unusual to see asbestos in vinyl sheet flooring, it can happen. One company named Armstrong made it and it’s very rare. Typically, asbestos is associated with 9x9 inch vinyl floor tiles. This brand didn’t fit the bill. Still I just screwed down 3/8 plywood directly over it and the subfloor. So, it’s still there for the next guy to find.

Thanks everyone! Pretty pleased with it.
Forgot to tell you Aaron..... The asbestos thing. That’s my profession. While it’s unusual to see asbestos in vinyl sheet flooring, it can happen. One company named Armstrong made it and it’s very rare. Typically, asbestos is associated with 9x9 inch vinyl floor tiles. This brand didn’t fit the bill. Still I just screwed down 3/8 plywood directly over it and the subfloor. So, it’s still there for the next guy to find.
I am definitely no expert in the matter, glad you didn’t have to deal with anything that could have been hazardous...

So most people know we had to say goodbye to our 8 year old English Springer Spaniel this last weekend much earlier than we would have wanted. Well my son is an only child and he misses his buddy so we decided we will be getting another puppy sooner than later. He and I stayed up all night Friday night and researched breeders and how far everyone was away. He picked out a new puppy who is 4 weeks old now, so we can get him on Dec 26th. Certainly not a replacement for our loss but someone to create new memories with. Not sure I am ready to do the puppy training again but it'll be fun!!
100_1942.JPG100_1934.JPG100_1956.JPG

So most people know we had to say goodbye to our 8 year old English Springer Spaniel this last weekend much earlier than we would have wanted. Well my son is an only child and he misses his buddy so we decided we will be getting another puppy sooner than later. He and I stayed up all night Friday night and researched breeders and how far everyone was away. He picked out a new puppy who is 4 weeks old now, so we can get him on Dec 26th. Certainly not a replacement for our loss but someone to create new memories with. Not sure I am ready to do the puppy training again but it'll be fun!!
View attachment 36250View attachment 36249View attachment 36251

"There may be others, but there will never be another..."

He's adorable! Can't wait to see the posts when you bring him home.

That puppy is very cute. Lil' buggers steal a part of your soul, but it's worth every ounce.

I have a great English Bully now, but his predecessor was one of the best. I still compare this guy to him, in things he does, but I wouldn't trade this guy either.

Sorry for your loss. I'm sure yer son will spoil him in no time. Have fun!

Floyd T

Had another article published....

Let me know what you think…

Another great piece, Bill. "Always have a plan" is definitely sage advice that too many do not adhere to until it is too late. I'm not in the IT field, but thinking back to my last job at the museum, there were several areas where we would have been royally screwed if we lost our servers -- between FOH with sales and numbers, to Development that dealt with membership and Operations, and my department, Education, where all of our programs were on computers and in the cloud for retrieval on-demand. I started my military career when everything was still on paper (the end of that era), so I was used to always keeping a hardcopy of most important data for my own Outreach programs. I could have survived if I lost everything, but definitely would have been set back. I can't say that every manager did the same, though.

Hopefully your article inspires at least a few readers to check and test their plans, or implement one if they do not already have on in place for their business.

View attachment 36250View attachment 36249View attachment 36251
Sorry for your loss but congrats on the new puppy!