• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hockey

I bet he's got on a maple leaf themed suit. Or his white suit with the roses. I also guess he backs up Milbury and trashes the Russians as well.

What a great game. I'm liking the US - Canada rivalry more each time, it has continued to get better since the 96 World (Canada) Cup. One of the worse things about the Russians being our rivals is that if you can do a lot of hitting or get an early lead or dominate early the Russians will wilt and give up. The US are much more like the Canadian game which is scrappy and they keep fighting so it makes for a much better game.

Red Wings versus the Avalanche tonight! Gonna be a good old rivalry hockey game in CO. I wonder how many times the crowd is going to boo Todd Bertuzzi, since they do it every time the guy gets the friggin' puck. I'm working tonight, so none of you fuggers better tell me the score! Thankfully though, I bought a subscription to NHL GameCenter, which records all of the games, so I'll get to watch it on my day off and play catchup.

Red Wings versus the Avalanche tonight! Gonna be a good old rivalry hockey game in CO. I wonder how many times the crowd is going to boo Todd Bertuzzi, since they do it every time the guy gets the friggin' puck. I'm working tonight, so none of you fuggers better tell me the score! Thankfully though, I bought a subscription to NHL GameCenter, which records all of the games, so I'll get to watch it on my day off and play catchup.

About time the NHL gets going again. Watching the Kings V Stars game late at night on the replay and hot damn it seems the Kings are not missing a beat. :thumbs:

About time the NHL gets going again. Watching the Kings V Stars game late at night on the replay and hot damn it seems the Kings are not missing a beat. :thumbs:

Nicely done! I'll have to watch that after I watch the Red Wings game from Monday tomorrow! Someone thought it would be funny to tell me they won 3-2, but at least they're going to the playoffs now.

There'll be wailing and gnashing of teeth in Bean Town tonight. The Deadline came and went and no forward who can put the puck in the net.
On a more pleasant note, Grapes has arrived and has announced we're going to get our own Coaches' Corner, between the 1st and 2nd periods. He'll also be on the pre-game show.

Doc

Yes, indeed. Do you get it? The Instigators are on at 6pm, which is Milbury's show and the pre-game starts at 6:30.

Doc.

I only got NESN when I had the centre ice package. I'll have to check the website and youtube see if it's up there.

Edit - Looks like they have 2 30 of him on "face off live". HA HA right into the euro comments.

Thomas has shut down Kessel big time. He's looking good after the Olympics. I wondered how he'd bounce back after not playing.

We'll see how this shoot out turns out.

Grapes loves Boston best:

"I cheer for the Bruins first and Toronto second, there's no doubt about that," said the man that all of Canada stops to watch during the first intermission of each Hockey Night in Canada broadcast every Saturday. "I was going to wear my Bruin tie with Blue [Cherry's beloved old bull terrier] painted on it, but I think that's a little too much. They'll think I'm going senile or something like that."

He really laid into them during the first intermission, saying that Julien may not be able to get them to score but he can get them to hit. He was pissed that the leafs out hit the B's 8 to 3 during the first period. He also wasn't to happy with Lucic who started a fight and then quit, imploring the linesmen to end it.

During the 2nd intermission they brought Cherry to tears. They showed a commercial he did back in '78 with Blue.

Thomas certainly has Kessel's number. Stoned him 4 times. Attributed it to taking 40 one on ones from him after practices at the Olympics

Doc.

It always pisses off people in Ottawa. Cherry will be on and going on and on about Toronto and people in Ottawa get all upset saying he's biased and loves TO best. Most of them have no idea he coached Boston let alone that they are his #1. Not to mention his HUGE man crush on Bobby Orr.

Now that you mention it, Orr did come up in the conversation.
laugh.gif
He mentioned that in Orr's last season with the B's he had a +128. This year's winner will be lucky to have a +48.

Doc.

Down in Windsor for some business this weekend and got over to Joe Louis to catch the first two periods of the Wings game. I don't care much for either team but what a great experience it was to be back in an old arena. It reminded me of the old Maple Leaf Gardens. Nice atmostphere too, lots of cheering even for a game with a team like Nashville.

And I played Craps with a bunch of guys who kept changing their bets more than they blinked.

Colon Campbell is a moron and a POS. Unbelievable! I wouldn't want to be in Cooke's or Crosby's skates March, 18. That is, if the B's have any heart at all. To hell with the playoffs. They need to get that bastid.

Doc.

Here's a video of Grapes, Stan Johathan, and Blue for you hockey nostalgia fans. My link

Doc.

Colin Campbell is a true jackass. The man has some weird sense of right and wrong. Of course the whole discipline wing of the NHL is ass-backwards.

edit: me no function beer well without.

Anyone see the hit Mike Brown threw on one of the Nashville Predators tonight? Need for suspension? Yes or no?

Sunday's game. BlackHawks vs. Capitols. Boy did that hurt. The Blackhawks are still a good team, hope they go far.

Fuggin' Flyers. I actually hope they don't make the playoffs...this way, they won't get embarrased by the minor league goalies we have on our roster.

Colon Campbell is a moron and a POS. Unbelievable! I wouldn't want to be in Cooke's or Crosby's skates March, 18. That is, if the B's have any heart at all. To hell with the playoffs. They need to get that bastid.

Doc.

Gotta agree with ya Doc...they suspend Ovie for 2 games and Cooke gets nothing for his hit on Savard?? I know Ovie gets kinda reckless at times, but Cookes hit was deliberate with intent.

Ovi knew what he did, and just waited for his trip to the box, he even made a gesture to campbell to see if he ws ok. I think Cookes hit deserved a suspension more so than ovechkins. Both are repeat offenders, and this is what the 3rd or 4th time Ovi has been suspended this seadon? I think cooke is going to get a little revenge taken out on him the next time they meet.

Ferni

Ovi didn't deserve a suspension. He's paying for Cooke's misdeed. Colon is just showing his incompetence.

Doc.