• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISO Phil [or ifo on contacting him]

We both have Nextel's and I have been trying to alert his phone but it hasn't been going through. When I do the 2-way it beeps through so I don't quite understand why the alert's aren't making it?? I don't have the actual cell # so I can't leave a message. I'm doing my best I'll let you know when I actually contact him.

No problem, Phil asked me to keep him posted and I just want to see it all work out well for everyone.

Still no word yet.

Did this ever get settled? If not, I'm sure I have cousins that I've never seen in whatever li'l ol' state he's in to 'contact' him. :)

Horse said:
Did this ever get settled? If not, I'm sure I have cousins that I've never seen in whatever li'l ol' state he's in to 'contact' him. :)
No, it hasn't been settled.

Well, at this point, I think I'm going to have to officially give up, and state that I've been burned by Phil. He has several hundred dollars worth of humidor paraphernalia of mine that apparently I'm never going to see. I've tried contacting him by every means I'm aware of for the past 4 months or so, all to no avail.

Wow that sucks. Normally I would say I would give Phil the benefit of the doubt as I have had good dealings with him, but 4 months is a bit much. ???

Anyone know Phil's last name and last known address? :lookup:

:(

Sorry to hear about your loss Moki. Phil purchased a few cigars from me in the past. He always sent payment promptly. I wonder what's going on with him. ???

I don't know guys, Phil owes me nothing (if anything, I owe him) so I may be able to have a different take on this, but....

I am worried about Phil, not cigar or Humi stuff, those are things, Phil is a brother, and he may well be in a pickle with a very good reason for this mess. I for one want to find him and see if Phil is OK. ???

Update!!!

I just got off the phone with his (??) Wife Nancy ???

Anyway, I am told he works the late shift at UPS and she left a message for him to call my cell phone when he gets in. I will keep you guys updated.

I would REALLY like to agree with PB, but I'm not sure I can. I have allways had great dealings with Phil and would like to give him the bennifit of the doubt as much as anyone. Others in the past though have not recieved the same benifit of the doubt and it seemed VERY justified at the time. Does Phil get different treatment just because some of us know him better? I would really like to but it doesn't seem right. Others have claimed amazing circumstances for why things slipped and got no slack for it. I sure wasn't inclined to give any slack no matter how extrodinary the circumstances were claimed to be.

I wish I knew Phil better. I have sent him things before, but I don't think I ever kept his address I'm afraid. I wish I knew how to contact him, because I sure would if I could.

I really hope Phil gets things taken care of very soon. I really can't blame others for giving up though.

*** Thats good news PB! You posted wile I was typing out my post. I hope he does call back and this gets fixerd soon finally. ***

Hmmm. You'd think that working at UPS, shipping would be no problem. ??? Good luck working it out...

As far as I'm concerned, MONTHS of holding someones humi stuff is termed as THEFT. I don't care what the circumstances are... days...I can understand, but MONTHS, no!!!!

And I believe there was another deal standing...time to go back and read again.

Oh yeah, seems a not so inexpensive lighter is 3 months overdue. Here again, days...ok.... MONTHS...uh-uh. ???

Oh, I nearly forgot.....FLASH!! I did NOT call!!! NOone could avoid my call!!!! Sorry PB, but even if this does get settled, I deem it as a loan which was not approved by the loaners.

I might agree with you Mark, once I have all the facts. I am more of a "Let me get all the facts before I fire the rifle" kind of guy. Shooting from the hip like John Wayne, at whatever happens to move is the easy method, actually knowing what you are shooting at...That takes more work, but it gives a friend a chance to try and redeam himself.

I have been burned before, using my method, but I will take that over nailing a friend to the wall any day.

Furthermore, since I stated at the beginning...
Phil owes me nothing (if anything, I owe him) so I may be able to have a different take on this
and then went on to state that I am more worried about a friend than "Stuff", I think I will just let that sink in for a few minutes and run with my plan.

I will find out what I can, pass on the concernes expressed and see if I can at least lend a hand in rectifying this issue. But to tell you the truth, I care about the Harmony of this board, and the friendships of it's members, a whole lot more than I care about the "x"s on the calander. Yes, 4 months is way too long, no I do not see anyway that this is acceptable, even if one has no way on the web. But I will hold my Judgement until I talk to Phil and find out WHY this has gone on so long. There was a time that JoeM sent me a bomb, USPS said it was delivered, I never saw it. If I had not been able to get on the internet, I would not have known it was sent, and Joe would not have known it was lost. That same thing could happen in a fair trade or even a flat out purchase. And if this IS the case, then Nobody would deserve to be put to death for it.

I think it is well established that I will give a brother the benifit of the doubt until I see facts pointing to willfull wrongdoing. That is who I am, you know it, and everybody that has been here for very long knows it. If anybody sees that as a Flaw in my character, then I feel sorry for them, but I refuse to change that part of who I am.

There is so very little "Value" that I can add to Cigar Pass, but I have friends here, and for now, Phil is one of them. Shuji was too (WAS), but when the facts came in, it turns out I was wrong about the guy, but I do not regret finding out first, before I passed judgement.

Hell, it has been 4 months, surely the Hot Tar and Goose Feathers will keep for a few more days :p

Guys, trust me, I don't say this lightly. I've had numerous good dealings with Phil as well, and I think he's a good guy... but I'm getting screwed here. I don't think it is out of malice; I think Phil has just gotten busy and cigars are no longer a priority.

Okay, fine.

But here's the deal. Phil and I were talking, and we decided to do a humidor split of the Ashton VSG ER humidor (MSRP, $5,000). The deal was that I was to buy the humidor, we'd split the cigars, and I'd send the humidor and 50 of the 100 cigars on to him.

The humidor arrived here, and in the meantime, Phil had decided that he didn't want the VSG ER cigars after all, but he did still want the humidor. Okay, fine. I didn't mind keeping them, even though that isn't what I'd originally thought we were doing.

So I sent the humidor on to him, just using the box that it had been packed in when it was sent to me.. One box was the humidor, the other box had the credo units (5), hygrometers (5), and drawer dividers (5), as well as some other misc. paraphernalia.

Then disaster struck, the humidor apparently arrived damaged; I'm not sure how, but apparently it was damaged to the extent that Phil didn't want it anymore. So I asked him to send it back to me. I tried to file a claim against UPS for the $800 I'd insured it for, but they claimed it wasn't packed properly, so I was literally left holding the bag here.

The humidor did arrive here, and I am lucky enough to have a friend who is a professional wood worker. He worked his magic, stripped the humidor, and repaired it to the point of it being usable.

So naturally, I wanted the credo units, drawer dividers, and hygrometers back. I contacted Phil via email and PM every week since this happened (back in early March). At first he wrote back, and now he doesn't. I even contacted his father, who originally wrote back, and now he doesn't.

All I want is my credo units, hygrometers, and drawer dividers back. I've already swallowed the price for a humidor split he changed his mind on, and took the hit for the humidor that became damaged in shipping.

I feel I've been more than generous and patient in this endeavor; I don't know what Phil has going on in his life, but he knows full well I've been screwed over on this deal (some of which is not his fault), I don't think asking for this stuff back is too much to ask. Since my friend has largely fixed the humidor, I'd like to be able to use it without having to buy all new hardware for it.