• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

Nobody wanna talk about the AB debacle today? I am torn on how to feel about that. I guess I hope he gets the help he needs, but he shouldn’t play football anymore, at least not until he gets it figured out.

I missed what he did. I saw a picture of him in the end zone with his jersey/pads/helmet off?

Also, the Packers need to get their shit together or this will be a closer game then it should be.

Yes this is too close a game for the pack. Especially against a Vikings team without cousins.

The best I can glean about AB is two conflicting things…somewhat. One side says arians benched him. But what I heard arians say was that he was trying to get him in the game, and he refused so arians told him to get out, which he did.

The second one seems to follow the timeline and what I would expect his reaction to be, if faced with that conversation. But the first one fits as well. So maybe they both happened.

I’m I remembering correctly but didn’t he take a huge hit a few years back and he has never been the same. Sad

I think it was the Burfict hit… He has had serious issues after that time.
Yep, it was Burfict. Reason I'll always cheer fire Juju.

Nobody wanna talk about the AB debacle today? I am torn on how to feel about that. I guess I hope he gets the help he needs, but he shouldn’t play football anymore, at least not until he gets it figured out.
@TexasTraveler Aaron is right. He suffered a bad concussion on a cheap shot from the cheap shot artist Burfict when he played for the Steelers. But I can assure you, as a Steeler fan, he was a glue head before that hit.

On one hand, the world doesn't have any responsibility to make sure he gets help. On the other hand the NFL is culpable. The NFL is happy to employ murderers, wife beaters, child molesters, and just plain idiots ..... as long as they bring the NFL money.

As an aside, mike zimmer needs to find some sunblock or stay out of the tanning booth!

Last night, watching Ben play for the last time at home, seeing the magic of the interception to allow him to go back out and kneel down, watching how he handled everything after the game ....I had tears in my eyes!

Partially because of what it meant to Ben, partially because of the sadness that he had to play under such a shitty coach which probably robbed Ben of 2 or 3 Super Bowls, partially because of what you saw transpire with his team-mates.

All in all, it was a night I will remember!

I think last night could have been good for the Browns because it might have been enough for them to finally get rid of Mayfield. But I doubt they will heed the warning signs. The Browns organization is still the same old Browns, terrible owner, unproven management, unproven coaching (although I think this season proved that Stefanski is a bust), little to no leadership, and a deeply cemented culture of losing.

I know there are a lot of Browns fans who get it but the number of them who simply don't understand NFL football is amazing to me. They believed for 30 years that the team is one or two players away from greatness and they actually allowed themselves to believe that having several great players now meant automatic Super Bowl wins.

I think Browns fans are like an inbred family.
  1. They think that it's the rest of the world that is F'd up.
  2. They think that the only reason they can't get ahead is because the rest of the world hates them and keeps them down.
  3. They think that their sister/daughter (Mayfield) is beautiful just because she is the best peice of ass they've ever had.

Lol I don’t think the browns are getting away from mayfield….his geico commercials drive too much revenue to the team….and he is so funny!! Lol

Seriously though, it’s almost as bad as the lions franchise. Maybe the lions can turn it around…but i have some serious doubts.

The problem with moving on from mayfield is you just bring in another question mark. And repeat the same thing over again. And Chubb/hunt/garret and whoever else is good on that team get another year older or another year closer to free agency.

I think what they need most is a good wr. And for baker to get healthy. The ol seems decent, the running game is good, defense could be better but that’s most of the nfl. Obj wasn’t it. Landry clearly isn’t it. But a couple of pieces and they might be ok.

Unless your just going to go and trade for Rodgers/adams.

@{tpc} The Browns have a host of problems and most of them go right back to management/ownership. They touted Mayfield as the savior of Cleveland, and the Browns, when they should have kept their mouth shout and let him prove himself. It's like telling a girl you love her after the first date .... you are setting yourself up for all kinds of failure.

Then there is Stefanski who flat out lost 3 or 4 games this year by consistently putting the ball in a questionable QB's hands when you have the best running game in the NFL standing on the sidelines.