• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not just Sharks - 2006 Champion Named!

Ok, here's mine. Ashton Heritage Puro Sol Belicoso #2. Had to put it on the deck for the pic.

And yes, I had a helluva time getting back up after taking pic, damn my old frame! :angry2: ........ :p

If you didn't (afterwards) ditch the band and nub it, you you're an earth trashing waster! :laugh:

I have a panatela I am gonna smoke just to put you ladies to shame.

-Emo

Mr_Wolf,

that's a nice pic!

Brian

I just realized I have the perfect cigar for this, one of those huge Inmensos!

Now If I could just get the wind to die down a little outside so I can give this a go.

Gave it my best go with a Castle Hall Churchhill.

You can also notice the wrapper issues I started to have at about that point.

ashstand9jm.jpg

That's actually pretty good looking there, Brickhouse. For such a tall cigar, that's a delicate balancing act you've got going on!

Very nice brickhouse, possibly good enough to take the lead?

Hey now... don't be so quick to judge!
I got the leaner goingon my first entry!
I could stand cigars up all day long if I do it before it's halfway done!
I will make a few real attempts at the Schlesinger's herf!

Rob

btw, nice job Brickhouse
:sign:

Having complete faith in my $0.90 cigars, i thought id give this a shot.
I lit up my Consuegra Rothschild and started puffing.

I thought this looked pretty good, so the next step was to find somthing level and see if the Connie passed the test.

ashstand11qd.jpg

I found my target, a splitting stump for chopping firewood.

ashstand29vy.jpg

TaDA! It worked! And not so bad for a cigar that costs under a dollar, hooray! :thumbs:

Nice job with that Connie, Rohner. :thumbs:

But I think we have a new man to beat. Brickhouse, that is a fantastic balancing act and with a Churchill, nonetheless. I'm impressed!

Wilkey

This is a great thread! Hope it goes on for a while as I'd like to see more of these cigar gymnastics! :thumbs:

ooooo, nice prize offering Ginseng. That should bring mroe compediters for sure!

Now I thought I had the trifecta. I was sitting on the deck shooting rabbits with my Benjamin pump, drinking a glass of wine (red zin) smoking a nice little stick. I tried to stand my siglo I on the ash and it fell before I could run and get the camera (likley story). This could be addictive...

DT

IMG_1602.jpg

Here is my try at the contest.... the Perdomo Inmenso (5-6 x 70?). I got a 10-er from Cbid a while back for cheap( ihave to give them a shot :laugh: ). Anyway, the first one I smoked was a little acrid. So I let the rest sit in my humi for more than 6 months. Then after trying and failing with a WOAM at Rob's place, then a AF Royal Salute... it hit me. I totally forgot about these things, until one of you mentioned it. They got a little better with the age, but not like night and day.

Here is the start...

start.jpg

To the finish....Gentlemen.. BEHOLD!!!!

finish.jpg

That band looked like it wasn't going to burn.. then all of a sudden... ignition. Well not flames, but it started to burn. The band was loose from the beginning, so I kept on moving the band up to try and get it lit and to attempt at a longer ash. So at the point of the stand, I figured that I wouldn't risk blowing it totally... although, I wonder whether I could have went a little farther. I probably would have done it, if it didn't require remving the band. Anyway, towards the half way point... it got quite acrid. Then when the band started to go up, it became unbearable! :laugh: I was suprised that the things stayed together... especially for a cigar that seems to be viewed as a novelty. I guess Nick Perdomo didn't totally neglect this thing. :D

Quite the contest/thread, I must say!

slevy007

~steve

Well, my picture didn't turn out as good as I'd hoped because it's too dark out on my porch, but what the heck, I still got to smoke a nice VSG. :)

Here's my pic.

ashstand.jpg

Another try...
Got some tough competition now!

crashstand.jpg

After the stand, taking a hit!
crashstand.jpg

Not sure if this will 'stand up' but it was to the band and the band was just starting to burn!

BTW, this was with a Cuesta Rey Centro Fino Sungrown.

-Rob

Awwww, tough break dugly. Sounds like you'll be giving it another try though. :)

Rob,
Very nice effort, my man! The singed band is a very nice touch and the ash and remaining cigar are as straight in line as an arrow. :thumbs:

Browndevil,
You get extra points for nubbing a Tabamex. :D And it's much more impressive right side up. :p

Kev,
Not bad. Not bad at all. It's never a losing proposition when you get the chance to smoke a VSG.

Steve,
You get mucho bonus for the gnarly band combustion! Wow, I've never known anyone who has smoked an Inmenso. Well done lad, well done!

You guys are totally bustin' it out! Kudos to you all. I can tell you that a couple of these ash-stands are really impressing me (and the rest of the board, no doubt). If this keeps up, I think I'm gonna have to put up a few runners-up prize packs. :thumbs:

Wilkey