• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not just Sharks - 2006 Champion Named!

Grateful1,

Please do post your shot! Like I said, I'll be giving out a few prize packs. :) So if your ash-stand is distinctive in some way, by all means let us see it.

Wilkey

Alrighty...the Padron was just shot down.

Behold mere mortals :cool:
12324015yj.jpg

I didn't quite make it to the band as you can see...
12324021lz.jpg

But who cares....you all get the point :D

Holy smokes Brown Devil. Impressive. This is going to get out of control, lol.

Not fair! I don't think you are allowed to wrap newspaper around your cigar to reinforce the ash as it burns... ;)

Oh my goodness! Was that a La Vieja Havana? If so, I'm stunned.

Wilkey

Yes sir...not the greatest smoke to start my Friday evening, but I spent the whole time concentrating. I feel constipated :p

Not fair! I don't think you are allowed to wrap newspaper around your cigar to reinforce the ash as it burns... ;)

Get it right man :angry:

I used Saran Wrap (clear kind) and it blended right into the ash color :love:

If you'll excuse me know, I got another PAM Torp, and as you can see a lot of beer with my name on it waiting :thumbs:

In case anyone is taking this friendly competition as seriously as I am :laugh:

That was friendly sarcasm about the Saran Wrap....ya know in case anyone didn't pick up on it :rolleyes: ;)

Well I thought I would give it a shot. The ash was pretty firm and didn't look nearly as impressive once I stood it up, but I still have the weekend to pump another one out. Here is my first shot.

toranoash1.jpg

before the ash stand

toranoash.jpg

More to come suckas :whistling:

Brandon

BrownDevil,
You have made this a personal battle!
Realtor vs Realtor!
Wildcat vs Sundevil!
That was pretty impressive but I have yet to even attempt a cigar I truly thought would stand! I have yet to bring out the big guns!
-Rob

BrownDevil,
You have made this a personal battle!
Realtor vs Realtor!
Wildcat vs Sundevil!
That was pretty impressive but I have yet to even attempt a cigar I truly thought would stand! I have yet to bring out the big guns!
-Rob

Bring it on baby!! It's only Friday and I got plenty of churchills, dub-coronas, etc. to put your meager efforts to shame :p :laugh:

That's a solid ash-stand, Brandon. Well done.

Looks like we've got the makings of a grudge match. :D

Wilkey

Alrighty...the Padron was just shot down.

Behold mere mortals :cool:
12324015yj.jpg

I didn't quite make it to the band as you can see...
12324021lz.jpg

But who cares....you all get the point :D

I'm just chocked that people still buy Mickey's big mouths...I haven't seen those since the high school bonfires. :sign:

-Fetter :D

The Schlesinger's Cigars attempts on my camera!

DSCN1134.jpg

The first ISOM attempt by yours truly! A Party Short courtesy smokelaw1.

DSCN1131.jpg

mine, grateful1's BBF, and hudsonvalley's Punch Champion which stood on the table the WHOLE HERF!

-Rob

Maybe it's me, but there's something that is not adding up in the cigars posted above (not talking about the schlesinger pics specifically). Let's play the good ole Sesame Street game, "one thing doesn't belong" In all the pictures posted there's one that has a different burn that may give the cigar in question an advantage, can anyone guess which? ;) Maybe it's my eyes :) Maybe it's for a tongue in cheek fun. But hey what do I know, I am a newb.

Maybe it's me, but there's something that is not adding up in the cigars posted above (not talking about the schlesinger pics specifically). Let's play the good ole Sesame Street game, "one thing doesn't belong" In all the pictures posted there's one that has a different burn that may give the cigar in question an advantage, can anyone guess which? ;) Maybe it's my eyes :) Maybe it's for a tongue in cheek fun. But hey what do I know, I am a newb.

;) I thought the same.

;) I thought the same.

It doesn't have that "I've just been smoked" look, huh? :whistling:

A great thread -- keep 'em coming! :laugh:

Here is the photo from the Punch Champion. I knew this would be a good smoke for this contest. For me, these are great cigars anyway. They always are interesting and consistant. The only Punch NC I smoke really.
champstand.jpg

The Stand
Steady, steady...Nice assist from Robb. Note the concentration reflected in the coffee table.

And this puppy stayed like this for hours, absolutely rock steady, WHILE the table was being used in normal fashion till the end of the herf.

ashstand.jpg

The Result

I think the glass top was used to good effect. I learned the technique from internet dating. :p

;) I thought the same.
Perhaps BD should get a prize for smoking the first cigar without the ash having concentric rings :whistling:

Goodness,

Did the waitstaff give you guys funny looks for standing your cigars on end? :D I'm impressed with how clean the area around the BBF looks. That must have been a solid ash. That Punch Champion is one stout little cigar!

Wilkey

Here is LouieD's cigar ash smoke. An Opus Double Corona. Note the look of intesity and concentration.
concentrate.jpg

thestand.jpg

The Stand

result.jpg

And The Result
Here is the kicker: Louie picked this cigar back up and smoked it more---ash intact! He was still working on it when I left. Any final pics of that, guys?