• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Official 2007 March Madness Pool Thread <done>

Agreed on UNLV being an underdog.......however, since Kentucky lost I am cheering for the SEC......and pitt/memphis since they are my only chances of moving up the ladder.......not many underdogs but some great overtime games this tourney already

Yep, I'm thinking the sweet 16 will be a good time. Looking forward to our little brackets in that as well.

This place will go nuts if SIU beats Kansas. If that happens, then I'm gettin' in my truck and headin' down to the strip to party with the students, rofl!

Memphis is in trouble with there leading scorer having a sprained ankle. Pitt might win the next round, but I think that will be it for them. SIU will be run over by Kansas. JMHO!

Memphis is in trouble with there leading scorer having a sprained ankle. Pitt might win the next round, but I think that will be it for them. SIU will be run over by Kansas. JMHO!

I dunno... listening to the SIU play by play guy this AM on local sports talk -- it sounds like KU should be scared sh#@less about facing the Salukis!! :rolleyes:

I dunno... listening to the SIU play by play guy this AM on local sports talk -- it sounds like KU should be scared sh#@less about facing the Salukis!! :rolleyes:

That's right baby!!!! Bring it!!!!

.....I may be outta my league here, but it's fun anyway :)

I have learned not to be too cocky about the Jayhawks, but they are playing VERY well right now!!

Quick update:

Gents,

The Sweet 16 kicks off on Thursday:

7:10 PM ET No. 4 Southern Illinois at No. 1 Kansas
7:27 PM ET No. 3 Texas A&M at No. 2 Memphis
9:40 PM ET No. 3 Pittsburgh at No. 2 UCLA
9:57 PM ET No. 5 Tennessee at No. 1 Ohio State

...and continues through Friday:

7:10 PM ET No. 5 Butler at No. 1 Florida
7:27 PM ET No. 6 Vanderbilt at No. 2 Georgetown
9:40 PM ET No. 7 UNLV at No. 3 Oregon
9:57 PM ET No. 5 USC at No. 1 North Carolina

Should be a great weekend of games, lots of low seeds, should be some hard fought battles.

Also, there is only 1 day left to sign up for the Sweet 16 Pool if you so choose to participate. There are 6 of us in right now, at two cigars per person, that's not too bad a prize for that pool. But all March Madness Participants are welcome to join up.

I have all but 6 cigars in my possession and those are the 6 DCM #5s from Dickson. DC# puts them in Missouri yesterday, so I expect them tomorrow. I will begin forming the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prize packages today. Hopefully if Dickson's come in tomorrow I can post pics tomorrow.

Thanks again all, let me know if you need anything.

Ok guys, here are the prize packages in text form, hehe. Pics to come soon.

1st Place will receive the following:

1stplacego2.jpg

2nd Place will receive the following:

2ndplacetn0.jpg

3rd Place will receive the following:

3rdplaceht1.jpg

The Sweet 16 Pool winner will receive 2 sticks of minimum $8 value each, from all other participants. (Currently 7 registered)

Thanks guys, I hope to post pics tomorrow evening.

Sweet looking prize packages.....I need some help from Pitt, USC, and my Vols to catch a piece of that action, though.

Damn - that 1st place pool looks very tasty - Too bad ND and Louisville screwed my chances. Oh well - there is always the sweet 16 pool. :whistling:

PRIZE PACKAGES!!!

Ok guys, here are the long awaited pics!

1stplaceif9.jpg

2ndplacems0.jpg

3rdplacelu2.jpg

Please excuse the quality, as I don't have one of those awesome cameras, hehe.

Let the drooling begin!

PRIZE PACKAGES!!!

Ok guys, here are the long awaited pics!

1stplaceif9.jpg

2ndplacems0.jpg

3rdplacelu2.jpg

Please excuse the quality, as I don't have one of those awesome cameras, hehe.

Let the drooling begin!
DROOL!

Beautiful prize packages! Thanks for putting this together Wyatt! I've been out of pocket and missed the Sweet 16 offering!

Good luck to all participants! I'm out of the running! :)

Well done Wyatt!

Thanks for doing this! Those Tats look yummy! :D

KU was VERY lucky to win that game!! SIU was a solid team that outplayed the Jayhawks!

KU was VERY lucky to win that game!! SIU was a solid team that outplayed the Jayhawks!

It was a good game. I'm proud of the way SIU played, it just didn't end up on their side. Good luck to Kansas!