• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2020

View attachment 31566

Anyone else tend to have super tight draw issues with smaller ring gauge CC or am I just unlucky?
View attachment 31567

Hit-and-miss for me. Though, I wouldn't classify most of them as horrible draws, just a bit less than optimal. I've only had one smaller CC that was not smokeable -- I had a box of Cohiba Maduro V Secretos that took about three years before they were ready to smoke with any sort of enjoyment.

View attachment 31566

Anyone else tend to have super tight draw issues with smaller ring gauge CC or am I just unlucky?
View attachment 31567

Typically, smaller gauge Cuban cigars are going to be a bit tighter than Nics or DRs... I always feel the cigar for tight spots, and if I feel a knot around the label, I will usually pick another cigar. If I am running low, I will cut this cigar with a punch or straight cutter, so I can use my Perfect Draw (I use this on almost every cigar to get “my” perfect draw...) 9 times out of 10, the cigar will open up around the halfway mark... I believe the tightness forces us to smoke with more patience, savoring each puff, and helps to develop our palates... Always drybox at around 60% for a few days, as this helps a great deal.
This 2014 RASS was a bit tight, but was absolutely delicious... lots of creamy leather, with a bit of “stewed” fruit on the retro.. changing to bakers bread and cinnamon about half way through...

84D9C6D9-BFC8-4EE8-BD64-7ACF5BB2DD7A.jpeg

Typically, smaller gauge Cuban cigars are going to be a bit tighter than Nics or DRs... I always feel the cigar for tight spots, and if I feel a knot around the label, I will usually pick another cigar. If I am running low, I will cut this cigar with a punch or straight cutter, so I can use my Perfect Draw (I use this on almost every cigar to get “my” perfect draw...) 9 times out of 10, the cigar will open up around the halfway mark... I believe the tightness forces us to smoke with more patience, savoring each puff, and helps to develop our palates... Always drybox at around 60% for a few days, as this helps a great deal.
I appreciate the advice Bill! I’ve wandered away from dry boxing because my schedule is so messed up I never know when I’m actually gonna get around to smoking it. I’ll start making that a point of focus again 😎

The Last Czar. Stop. Talk avout a piece of shit, I found it. Only been resting 9+ months, now I know why. Funky taste, yuck, poop, NOT GOOD!
Might have been the last me, and I dont want to ne missed, least not yet. Worse than a Gurkha. But since I'm a fair guy, the label did say The Last Czar. Leave it to me to find it.

305B456E-3E47-4291-8BFC-491FE977BABB.jpeg