• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

It’s Jeff’s Best of the Best. You know, for people who don’t really drink but don’t want to feel left out.
A sad story along those lines.

I always kept $3 and $4 cigars in my golf bag for that guy who wants a cigar but doesn't like cigars. In 1998 I qualified to play in a US Amateur qualifier and it was being played at my country club. I was on my way home from a local B&M and I had just bought two Opus X. I needed to practice for the event which was in two days so I stopped at the club, rather than leave the cigars in my car which would be 130 degrees when done golfing, I put them in my bag.

I am standing on the 15th tee and I am 3 under par and having a great day and a couple friends drove up and joined me. I birdied # 15 so I am 4 under par and #16 is an easy par 5 so I decide to celebrate and smoke one of the Opus X. One of my friends saw me pull two cigars out and said "hey, I'd like to smoke a cigar". I tore my bag apart looking for a golfgar but none were to be found. Now I knew he saw that I had two so I couldn't lie to him and say I didn't have any more.

He took one puff, threw it on the ground, stomped on it, and said "how in the hell can you enjoy cigars, that tastes like shit"

Similar story, but not really.

I have a buddy who golfs all the time. Pretty good golfer. We meet up to play one day and I brought a couple extra sticks, just in case he wanted one.(we've smoked together before). I pulled out a couple good sticks and asked him if he wanted one. He took a look and said, "....nah, I still have one of my own!" He proceeds to pull out a ziplock baggie with a half smoked "turd" in it. He said it's only been in there a few days, so it's still good. HOLY CHIT!!!!!

Once he finished that one, I gave him one of mine. He liked it so much(smoked half of it), he "zip-locked it" so he could save it for his next round, which was four days away. Needless to say, I wasted no more good sticks on him.

Floyd T

Similar story, but not really.

I have a buddy who golfs all the time. Pretty good golfer. We meet up to play one day and I brought a couple extra sticks, just in case he wanted one.(we've smoked together before). I pulled out a couple good sticks and asked him if he wanted one. He took a look and said, "....nah, I still have one of my own!" He proceeds to pull out a ziplock baggie with a half smoked "turd" in it. He said it's only been in there a few days, so it's still good. HOLY CHIT!!!!!

Once he finished that one, I gave him one of mine. He liked it so much(smoked half of it), he "zip-locked it" so he could save it for his next round, which was four days away. Needless to say, I wasted no more good sticks on him.

Floyd T
🤢🤮☠️

A sad story along those lines.

I always kept $3 and $4 cigars in my golf bag for that guy who wants a cigar but doesn't like cigars. In 1998 I qualified to play in a US Amateur qualifier and it was being played at my country club. I was on my way home from a local B&M and I had just bought two Opus X. I needed to practice for the event which was in two days so I stopped at the club, rather than leave the cigars in my car which would be 130 degrees when done golfing, I put them in my bag.

I am standing on the 15th tee and I am 3 under par and having a great day and a couple friends drove up and joined me. I birdied # 15 so I am 4 under par and #16 is an easy par 5 so I decide to celebrate and smoke one of the Opus X. One of my friends saw me pull two cigars out and said "hey, I'd like to smoke a cigar". I tore my bag apart looking for a golfgar but none were to be found. Now I knew he saw that I had two so I couldn't lie to him and say I didn't have any more.

He took one puff, threw it on the ground, stomped on it, and said "how in the hell can you enjoy cigars, that tastes like shit"
And then he walked funny for the rest of the round after he took a shot to the kneecap from your driver? Lol

At least Floyd’s buddy was going to relight his cigar haha.

That sucks, my friend. Hopefully the whole family doesn't get it, too. Drink lots of water, take lots of vitamins, and you do you as far as your regimen to recovery. With any luck, the symptoms won't be too severe and you'll be ready to smoke with us again by next weekend. Good luck, Steve!

🙁. Hope it’s mild and you get better soon!
So far it hasn't been bad, cough and fever that's about it.

That sucks, my friend. Hopefully the whole family doesn't get it, too. Drink lots of water, take lots of vitamins, and you do you as far as your regimen to recovery. With any luck, the symptoms won't be too severe and you'll be ready to smoke with us again by next weekend. Good luck, Steve!
The family... our little one spiked a fever yesterday. We are using fever reducing medication to control it. Waiting to see who else becomes symptomatic.
I'll up the vitamins, and keep drinking lots of fluids.

Thanks guys
Steve F.

Well wife wasn't feeling well today , she left work made a DR. Appt , and scheduled a covid test, she tested positive. She is vaccinated to boot.

I get a text from her on my way home from work, that she is short of breath , light headed , can't keep water down , chest feels tight. So now we're sitting here at the ER. Sigh

Well wife wasn't feeling well today , she left work made a DR. Appt , and scheduled a covid test, she tested positive. She is vaccinated to boot.

I get a text from her on my way home from work, that she is short of breath , light headed , can't keep water down , chest feels tight. So now we're sitting here at the ER. Sigh
That's terrible, I hate to hear that. I wish y'all the best.

Hang in there Nate. Prayers for a short stint in the ER and then home for recovery.

Prayers for you and your wife.

So we got out of the ER at 2am , I called my boss earlier in the night around 8 , to see if I could come in later , They said thats fine and as long as I don't have symptoms I could work , so went in at 9:20AM , only for them to send me home at 10am to isolate for 5days then get a test.

So we got out of the ER at 2am , I called my boss earlier in the night around 8 , to see if I could come in later , They said thats fine and as long as I don't have symptoms I could work , so went in at 9:20AM , only for them to send me home at 10am to isolate for 5days then get a test.
Ugh. Seems like the wife is ok though? That’s the important part.

Sounds like the same guideline my work just sent out. Well similar. For us this would be a case of exposure to a positive. In that case if I could work remote, I should, then on the 5th day get a test, assuming ok, come back after and wear a mask for 5 days.

But I can’t do my job remotely, lucky me lol, so I can just come back to work and wear my mask for 10 days, but get a test on the 5th day to confirm ok.

The guidelines are almost as quick as the omicron itself lol.

Ugh. Seems like the wife is ok though? That’s the important part.

Sounds like the same guideline my work just sent out. Well similar. For us this would be a case of exposure to a positive. In that case if I could work remote, I should, then on the 5th day get a test, assuming ok, come back after and wear a mask for 5 days.

But I can’t do my job remotely, lucky me lol, so I can just come back to work and wear my mask for 10 days, but get a test on the 5th day to confirm ok.

The guidelines are almost as quick as the omicron itself lol.
She's still short of breath , and chest is still tight, on the plus side she did eat and drink and it stayed down.

I can't work remote, so I am off today and Friday. If negative on Friday I can go back Sunday