• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

John, prayers sent yer alls way. Hopefully they can get ya up and running soon.

A thought for ya. After our power was out for two days, I had an extra box run off the main, with five or six breakers. Keeping heater on, couple lights, fridge and hot water heater. I can run it off if a portable generator. May be an idea, if you guys get this every so often.

Good luck.

Floyd T

John, prayers sent yer alls way. Hopefully they can get ya up and running soon.

A thought for ya. After our power was out for two days, I had an extra box run off the main, with five or six breakers. Keeping heater on, couple lights, fridge and hot water heater. I can run it off if a portable generator. May be an idea, if you guys get this every so often.

Good luck.

Floyd T
Nah! The only way to do it in this neighborhood is to have an aotumatic generator. The Karen’s aka: HOA wouldn’t allow you to have an unsightly portable generator out in your driveway or yard.

Power just came back on and it’s been about 20 minutes, so I think we are good! Thanks as always for the warm wishes, prayers, good vibes, and text. Pops is a happy man now. He doesn’t do too well in the cold taking blood thinners.

How is Jon doing @cabaiguan juan? I don’t know what this mess was like in Charlottesville.

Awesome news about the power being back on. That’s great to hear. Yea, HOA’s can be a booger sometimes. Take care, my friend. I’m glad you were available for your dad.

Floyd T

Nah! The only way to do it in this neighborhood is to have an aotumatic generator. The Karen’s aka: HOA wouldn’t allow you to have an unsightly portable generator out in your driveway or yard.

Power just came back on and it’s been about 20 minutes, so I think we are good! Thanks as always for the warm wishes, prayers, good vibes, and text. Pops is a happy man now. He doesn’t do too well in the cold taking blood thinners.

How is Jon doing @cabaiguan juan? I don’t know what this mess was like in Charlottesville.
Most of town is better now but we’re still without power and heat. House is down to 50 degrees. We joined the YMCA in order to get warm showers and some heat. All this wouldn’t be too terrible except for the fact that we have a little puppy and it’s getting pretty cold for her.

More money to my daughter in Hawaii. :( Not as dire a situation as you guys in the Blizzard Belt up there, for sure. I can stomach it, though, because I see where every dollar she makes comes in and goes out -- it's not like she's spending all of her money frivolously. She's just in over her head after compounding issues mostly beyond her control. The kid is truly trying her hardest and has grown up tremendously in the last 18 months or so. This (hopefully) last push should get her back on a level playing field across the board, financially, and with a new budget and outlook will be able to stay that way.

The positive part of this, is that as she pays me back in $500 increments, it will go directly into PayPal -- where that standing balance is typically my "cigar money", rather than coming out of my bank account proper. ;)

Wow that’s nasty! Stay safe and try and stay warm!

In response to jfields hoa….this is why I’m glad I’m not a part of one any longer. Probably not the only reason, but one of many.

Of course since we already own a couple gennys, I don’t think an hoa rule would stop me from firing it up. If someone said something I would direct them to my wife lol. Cold weather and no power wouldn’t work for her. I feel confident wishes she would win any argument as a result lol.

Wow that’s nasty! Stay safe and try and stay warm!

In response to jfields hoa….this is why I’m glad I’m not a part of one any longer. Probably not the only reason, but one of many.

Of course since we already own a couple gennys, I don’t think an hoa rule would stop me from firing it up. If someone said something I would direct them to my wife lol. Cold weather and no power wouldn’t work for her. I feel confident wishes she would win any argument as a result lol.
Agreed, I would fire it up! Anybody who complained could be tied to it!

Needed to vent!
Owner of our company is sitting at his desk at 11am yesterday and his wife calls and says their son was in contact with something who has tested positive. She had to pick him up from school and get him tested.. So he goes out to his car puts on a mask and sits back down. (Mind you we have 3 people and sit within at total of a 20 ft space with no barriers. Then the wife calls and says the son is positive. So he gets up and leaves to take a home test. That comes back negative for my boss so he shows back up at work an hour later. Last night he texted and said he son has a fever and body chills.

Today he shows up at work again.... The other guy in the office and I are like, you shouldn't be here, I don't care if you tested negative yesterday, you went home to where you son was and your wife who was with him all day... He said if we felt uncomfortable we could go home.... We do 95% of the work, but he thinks we should go home because he could be spreading it... ARE YOU KIDDING ME... GO HOME!!!

He got really huffy and stormed out.... Things weren't this complicated when I was a stripper.

More money to my daughter in Hawaii. :( Not as dire a situation as you guys in the Blizzard Belt up there, for sure. I can stomach it, though, because I see where every dollar she makes comes in and goes out -- it's not like she's spending all of her money frivolously. She's just in over her head after compounding issues mostly beyond her control. The kid is truly trying her hardest and has grown up tremendously in the last 18 months or so. This (hopefully) last push should get her back on a level playing field across the board, financially, and with a new budget and outlook will be able to stay that way.

The positive part of this, is that as she pays me back in $500 increments, it will go directly into PayPal -- where that standing balance is typically my "cigar money", rather than coming out of my bank account proper. ;)

Thankfully she has a great family support system to help her out in hard times.

Why I hate winter, illustrated.

I had a similar conversation with my wife this morning. I was telling her about Jon and John's situation. And we both agreed that when we went 3 weeks without power in September we would rather be hot without power than being cold without power.

Needed to vent!
Owner of our company is sitting at his desk at 11am yesterday and his wife calls and says their son was in contact with something who has tested positive. She had to pick him up from school and get him tested.. So he goes out to his car puts on a mask and sits back down. (Mind you we have 3 people and sit within at total of a 20 ft space with no barriers. Then the wife calls and says the son is positive. So he gets up and leaves to take a home test. That comes back negative for my boss so he shows back up at work an hour later. Last night he texted and said he son has a fever and body chills.

Today he shows up at work again.... The other guy in the office and I are like, you shouldn't be here, I don't care if you tested negative yesterday, you went home to where you son was and your wife who was with him all day... He said if we felt uncomfortable we could go home.... We do 95% of the work, but he thinks we should go home because he could be spreading it... ARE YOU KIDDING ME... GO HOME!!!

He got really huffy and stormed out.... Things weren't this complicated when I was a stripper.
Some people just don’t get it 🤷‍♂️

I had a similar conversation with my wife this morning. I was telling her about Jon and John's situation. And we both agreed that when we went 3 weeks without power in September we would rather be hot without power than being cold without power.

Last year when it got down into negative double digits, nothing froze except the drain in the shower. It's not insulated and next to the wall. I run water in the tub trying to get it to thaw, nothing. Next morning it's up to -4 and the water's gone. I had to look under the house to see if it was cracked or had really started to flow. No water there, but there's another leak in a drain pipe from when the guys who ran the new AC lines under the house (months earlier!) had partially pulled a joint apart crawling over it.

So here I am, crawling around in the mud under the house (it's an old house with really small crawlspace) trying to glue a drain pipe together when it's -4 outside. Got it done, crawled out, ditched the muddy clothes and sit there in the edge of the access hole in my long handles. All I wanted was a nice hot shower, but the glue on the drain pipe had to have some time to set up so that was off the table.

Why I hate winter, annotated.

Oh, and that AC I mentioned? It went out in the last week of July, high 90's, low 100's. Took a week. I just hung out in the backyard in the evenings, slept under a fan. It wasn't great fun, but looking back I don't really remember any real moments other than the day they came to install the new unit and how glad I was to get it in. We hit our highest temp for the year in the week after I got the new AC, whew!

John,

Thanks for the pics. That mess is unbelievable. Glad yer on the better side of it, wit the power.

Jon,

I hope they get your power back up sooner than later. I'm telling ya, HOA be damned, I'd own a small Honda generator with enough rating to at least run my furnace. They are quiet and efficient. Piss on the fools that tell me to let my family freeze due to natural disaster. I believe all HOA's should go out the window in instances like these.

Floyd T

Last year when it got down into negative double digits, nothing froze except the drain in the shower. It's not insulated and next to the wall. I run water in the tub trying to get it to thaw, nothing. Next morning it's up to -4 and the water's gone. I had to look under the house to see if it was cracked or had really started to flow. No water there, but there's another leak in a drain pipe from when the guys who ran the new AC lines under the house (months earlier!) had partially pulled a joint apart crawling over it.

So here I am, crawling around in the mud under the house (it's an old house with really small crawlspace) trying to glue a drain pipe together when it's -4 outside. Got it done, crawled out, ditched the muddy clothes and sit there in the edge of the access hole in my long handles. All I wanted was a nice hot shower, but the glue on the drain pipe had to have some time to set up so that was off the table.
I'm glad to hear ya use that term. I've used it forever, and it reminds me of my dad. He always called them that. I'll be wearing mine, daily, until it warms up. I love em! For those that don't know the term, it is referring to union suit type of long johns.

Floyd T