• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

So sorry to hear, Jeff. Life is fragile and fleeting -- don't take one moment for granted with your friends and loved ones. :(

My wife lost another guinea pig last night. It was sick for a few days, and had a surgery to remove some cysts yesterday at which point it was discovered that she most likely had cancer. My wife tried hard through the night, but the little rodent gave up the ghost this morning. I personally know that a guinea pig pales in comparison to the losses some of you have experienced recently, but these are her little friends and it hits her hard.

My wife lost another guinea pig last night. It was sick for a few days, and had a surgery to remove some cysts yesterday at which point it was discovered that she most likely had cancer. My wife tried hard through the night, but the little rodent gave up the ghost this morning. I personally know that a guinea pig pales in comparison to the losses some of you have experienced recently, but these are her little friends and it hits her hard.
Yeah man our furry friends can feel so close to us and her loss is still a very tough one. Hard to lose a pet that you care for so deeply

Sorry to hear this Nick, don't compare one's losses to another. All losses are hard and painful. Give her a hug from me, then a big hug from the whole CP community.

Sorry to hear Nick

Just returned from dropping the doggos off at "pension" (that's what they call boarding over here). Such sad faces when we left them there. At least they are there together -- last time they said the dogs did great and didn't seem very stressed at all. I still feel guilty. It's only five days, though. :(

Pulled two embedded ticks off me today. One deer tick and one lone star tick. WTF??? I'm doomed, fellas! Chicken and rabbit food forever! Mammal meat, NEVER!! :mad:

Floyd T
Hopefully you caught them quickly and tick-borne diseases aren't an issue. :(

Will be bringing my sweet little cat Clarissa to the vet for the final time today. Hasn’t quite hit me yet. She is older than my son but slightly younger than my daughter. It’s been so long I have to look up time stamped pictures I scanned in (yes, real developed film) to figure it out but it’s at least been 18 years. Tough for the kids as she as been around as long as they can remember.

Maybe I’ll bring her out to sit with me on the porch one last time. Knowing her it won’t last long, as she has never been one to sit still, even now as she is struggling to move. I guess that she is just a fighter, plain and simple. She is the “runt” of the litter as they say but even up to a year ago she could throw a take down on our other cat, the polydactyl who is twice her size.

It won’t be too easy for any of us, including the other cat, who spent the night watching over her the other night as she slept on the couch.

I had the kids say goodbye last night but I think my daughter will come with today. I told her it’s not getting any easier from here on out, but her choice. This will mark my second time of having to do this, and well, I really don’t want to. :(

Will be bringing my sweet little cat Clarissa to the vet for the final time today. Hasn’t quite hit me yet. She is older than my son but slightly younger than my daughter. It’s been so long I have to look up time stamped pictures I scanned in (yes, real developed film) to figure it out but it’s at least been 18 years. Tough for the kids as she as been around as long as they can remember.

Maybe I’ll bring her out to sit with me on the porch one last time. Knowing her it won’t last long, as she has never been one to sit still, even now as she is struggling to move. I guess that she is just a fighter, plain and simple. She is the “runt” of the litter as they say but even up to a year ago she could throw a take down on our other cat, the polydactyl who is twice her size.

It won’t be too easy for any of us, including the other cat, who spent the night watching over her the other night as she slept on the couch.

I had the kids say goodbye last night but I think my daughter will come with today. I told her it’s not getting any easier from here on out, but her choice. This will mark my second time of having to do this, and well, I really don’t want to. :(
I’m so sorry you have to go through this. Our pets are like family and it’s so incredibly hard. I just had to put down my dog a couple months ago and it was so hard.