• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

The gravestone finally got installed, and the portrait is amazing, but seeing this really reminded me how much I miss my dad

View attachment 63875
Dan, this is an awesome tombstone. A great tribute to your father and his appearance will be there to greet folks coming to the graveyard. Missing him just means he had a great influence on your life. Enjoy the memories.

Floyd T

Just got a one-time assessment vote from my HOA to approve new roofs at $13,000 due March 1. That is a big no for me!!! Word to the wise and/or young. Don't get a condo if you are near or in retirement with a set income. Also and much harder to apply - live below your means.

Just got a one-time assessment vote from my HOA to approve new roofs at $13,000 due March 1. That is a big no for me!!! Word to the wise and/or young. Don't get a condo if you are near or in retirement with a set income. Also and much harder to apply - live below your means.
So, $13K from each? :O

Is that optional? Or you must? Find a loophole in the lease?

So, $13K from each? :O
Is that optional? Or you must? Find a loophole in the lease?
I was wordy. We get to vote on it and I'll vote no, but the day will come when my roof will need repair and I'll wish everyone else would vote yes.
The people in charge of the HOA over the last 15 plus years were negligent and as a result we will all fucked in the end.

I was wordy. We get to vote on it and I'll vote no, but the day will come when my roof will need repair and I'll wish everyone else would vote yes.
The people in charge of the HOA over the last 15 plus years were negligent and as a result we will all fucked in the end.
I suppose insurance isn’t any help, eh?! That’s a tough nut. We just replaced ours last year, and while insurance covered a goodly chunk, we ate a huge bite of chit pie! Good luck. Is the vote, “majority rules”?

Floyd T

I suppose insurance isn’t any help, eh?! That’s a tough nut. We just replaced ours last year, and while insurance covered a goodly chunk, we ate a huge bite of chit pie! Good luck. Is the vote, “majority rules”?

Floyd T
Our HOA is responsible for the outside of the home so they are supposed to cover the roof. The fact that clueless or corrupt homeowners are in charge of the HOA, they haven't saved the money over the past 20 years to pay for the new roofs. My home owners insurnance only covers the inside of the home. It's not a scam, but in 20/20 hindsight an attached villa is NOT a smart way to go.

Our HOA is responsible for the outside of the home so they are supposed to cover the roof. The fact that clueless or corrupt homeowners are in charge of the HOA, they haven't saved the money over the past 20 years to pay for the new roofs. My home owners insurnance only covers the inside of the home. It's not a scam, but in 20/20 hindsight an attached villa is NOT a smart way to go.

Is it actually a HO policy.. or is it one of those annual appliances/hvac warranties? I'd imagine the HOA would have to maintain some kind of policy for the homes it represents. How else would they cover a mass property casualty event like tornadoes or hurricanes otherwise?

And I thought $300/year hoa fees were steep! Hoa’s suck! Luckily when we moved we left that behind, and that was a single non attached normal house. But the people running it pretty much elected themselves, and just started doing whatever was good…for them.

Our biggest increases were always for Christmas lights and maintaining 2 entrances..that didn’t need to be maintained for the most part. The last “budget” I saw was $15000 for Xmas lights and putting them up, but that was after the lights were bought…and unless those bulbs were $10 each…

Can you move?