• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

It was running rough at low speeds and idle but at highway speed it felt fine. The check engine light was flashing and the stabilitrak light was on. After I replaced the plugs, coils and wires and it didn’t fix it I pulled the valve cover. At that point you can see which rocker isn’t moving.

With my truck I stopped there and sent it to a shop. When he pulled the head on that side you can see the cam shaft when you pull out the lifters. It was clear by all the metal in the motor and the cam lob was ground down.

With the wife’s I pulled the head myself and looked but it was not chewed like mine was. Just pitted. Look at the first post in the thread I did. You will see the pics.
Do you have to pull the engine to replace the lifters?

Bill, where are you at with this? Have you narrowed it down anymore yourself, or haven’t had the chance to get back to it?

This unhappy thread stuff reminded me of many, many years ago when I was just a young pup, still residing in Lousisiana, not long after I had nearly cut off a finger in a table saw accident. :mad: Well, me, & my girlfriend at that time went out to the Karnack River to go boat riding while our buddy 'Bad Bob' was doing his famous slalom water skiing crap. We were smoking, drinking, toking, and whatever else we could come up with & just generally having fun, like the early 20 somethings we were at that time. We had a blast on the ole Karnac, and we finally came back to the boat launch. There were these three guys just hangin' out at the boat launch, and they started with the damn cat calls at my girlfriend. Well, needless to say I didn't care for that so, me & the three idiots got into a verbal pissing match. :mad: Well Hell, I was so intoxicated that I had completely forgot about my hand being a piece of mince meat full of stitches & a couple of stainless steel pins,, just three weeks past a five hour surgery, and all of a sudden I realized my big ass mouth had overloaded my intoxicated pea brain. 🤣 I had to figure out something really QUICK to end the situation so, I jumped out of the boat, went straight away to Bad Bob's Chevy, retrieved Bad Bob's 357 Dan Wesson from underneath the driver's seat, and just waved it around a few times while it was still secured in the shoulder holster. :)
Man O man; you have never seen three jack ass dudes move so quick in your life. 😂
Still wishing I had that on video; could have sold that for a million dollar$. 🤣
That was some unhappy shit that turned out pretty happy!

This story makes me unhappy.

As we approach the NFL draft, I am, for the first time since I became a fan of the Steelers in 1970, very unhappy about the direction the team is headed!

Since Dan Rooney became the ambassador to Ireland and his son Art started taking over the team...............things are headed in the wrong direction.

Since Tomlin's lack of discipline became firmly implanted after eroding away Cowher's culture............things are headed in the wrong direction.

Art Rooney is more concerned with political correctness than he is winning championships.

Mike Tomlin's priority is to make sure all the players are allowed to be their own person, and this team has seen one train wreck after another under Tomlin's soft style. There was Martavis Bryant, then there was LaGarrett Blount and Bell, there was Antonio Brown, then there was LeVeon Bell, now Ju Ju is dancing at center field when the Steelers are getting their ass whooped!

Tomlin has squandered away more talented teams than most coaches will ever see!

This team is a dumpster fire just starting to burn!

As a life-long Steeler fan, it's disgusting!

As we approach the NFL draft, I am, for the first time since I became a fan of the Steelers in 1970, very unhappy about the direction the team is headed!

Since Dan Rooney became the ambassador to Ireland and his son Art started taking over the team...............things are headed in the wrong direction.

Since Tomlin's lack of discipline became firmly implanted after eroding away Cowher's culture............things are headed in the wrong direction.

Art Rooney is more concerned with political correctness than he is winning championships.

Mike Tomlin's priority is to make sure all the players are allowed to be their own person, and this team has seen one train wreck after another under Tomlin's soft style. There was Martavis Bryant, then there was LaGarrett Blount and Bell, there was Antonio Brown, then there was LeVeon Bell, now Ju Ju is dancing at center field when the Steelers are getting their ass whooped!

Tomlin has squandered away more talented teams than most coaches will ever see!

This team is a dumpster fire just starting to burn!

As a life-long Steeler fan, it's disgusting!

Could be worse, you could be a life long Lions fan. Just think about that for a minute and let it sink in. ;)

Does frustrated count?

I had an animal digging under my deck and no matter what I did, it just kept digging out the hole. I have a few ignorant neighbors who allow cats to roam and I figured it was one of them. I put two have a heart traps out about 3 feet apart. I came home two days later and completely forgot about the traps. I went outside to go to my basement to get a beer and startled a cat in one of the traps, which startled me, which startled the skunk in the other trap. I ran like a little girl!

I couldn't figure out how to get the cat out without pissing off the skunk!

Finally, I had to try. I got a spud bar which I could get under the handle with the spade portion. I VERY carefully watched the skunk for any sudden movement, while I approached the other trap with the spud bar. I lifted the trap with the cat in it and started backing away when the cat decided to go apeshit! The trap fell on to the other trap and, again, I ran like a little girl!

I came back and finally executed the maneuver to free the cat.

I can't shoot the skunk or the neighbors will call the police. I have poison which will instantly kill it but......A. I am not getting that close.....and .........B. It might spray and my A/C unit is three feet away. And I refuse to try the old trick of putting a blanket over it while I open the trap!

😡

Does frustrated count?

I had an animal digging under my deck and no matter what I did, it just kept digging out the hole. I have a few ignorant neighbors who allow cats to roam and I figured it was one of them. I put two have a heart traps out about 3 feet apart. I came home two days later and completely forgot about the traps. I went outside to go to my basement to get a beer and startled a cat in one of the traps, which startled me, which startled the skunk in the other trap. I ran like a little girl!

I couldn't figure out how to get the cat out without pissing off the skunk!

Finally, I had to try. I got a spud bar which I could get under the handle with the spade portion. I VERY carefully watched the skunk for any sudden movement, while I approached the other trap with the spud bar. I lifted the trap with the cat in it and started backing away when the cat decided to go apeshit! The trap fell on to the other trap and, again, I ran like a little girl!

I came back and finally executed the maneuver to free the cat.

I can't shoot the skunk or the neighbors will call the police. I have poison which will instantly kill it but......A. I am not getting that close.....and .........B. It might spray and my A/C unit is three feet away. And I refuse to try the old trick of putting a blanket over it while I open the trap!

😡
Maybe you should start a new thread and title it the "Are You Feeling Lucky" thread... 🤣