• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

I can just see me pulling up to my storage locker, getting out, putting on my hard hat/glasses with everyone wondering “WTF??!!??!”
Wear the full Tyvek haz suit with paper booties and respirator -- then tell anyone watching, "You may want to stand back a few more feet..."

This post can go in the happy thread as well but unhappy is the underlying tone.

I left this morning for my two-week hunting trip in the Allegheny National Forest in Pennsylvania, that's the happy part.

I normally go to my gun room and drool over my rifles to see what I want to take to PA with me, that is always a special time for me :) I have newer rifles, I have older rifles, I have rifles I have inherited, so it's always fun to pick and choose.

This year, I had to go to my ammo cabinet first to see what rifles I had sufficient ammo for.

When is this country going to find its mind again?

So this plays onto my Happy post regarding my mom and MIL which ended with a angry drunk email from my mom. Well today I spent 75 minutes unpacking that with my mom. This is where the unhappy comes into play. Enter the vent: she does not understand consequences for her actions, and makes wild assumptions and accusations that I wanted to address to defuse the hurt in the email. This turned into her indirectly saying that she didn’t want to discuss the email only that she wanted me to hear her. Now if your logic is flawed and you are going to tell someone they are wrong, you cannot expect it to be a monologue. Well in turning this into a dialog I had to take this down memory lane and this resulted in pulling all of the skeletons out of the closet. This was necessary to explain why her logic was flawed and to remind her why our relationship isn’t what she wants but what it is. I had to point out a lot of stuff that she conveniently chooses to forget and give her advice on how she could make better decisions and at the end of it, I was mad. I was mad because she pulls this every year around this time and whether she knowingly does this or not, it’s manipulative, attention seeking and juvenile. All things I hate and I got pulled into her trap. She is insistent on hanging on to her past relationship with my dad and has refused to move in, while everyone else has chosen to because it is the only way to get pst a divorce. She keeps trying to turn things into a pissing contest that she cannot win and never takes advantage of the things I offer to help her move forward.
Mim most mad that I have fallen for this childish shit again.
vent off.

They don’t make you wear steel toes there? What size shoe do you wear? Your feet look so small in that pic….
Is giving your son in law $160 work boots from the flea market for Christmas in November a happy thought or a sad one?🤣
He gets daps for those black taped ones though. A father's dedication!

So this plays onto my Happy post regarding my mom and MIL which ended with a angry drunk email from my mom. Well today I spent 75 minutes unpacking that with my mom. This is where the unhappy comes into play. Enter the vent: she does not understand consequences for her actions, and makes wild assumptions and accusations that I wanted to address to defuse the hurt in the email. This turned into her indirectly saying that she didn’t want to discuss the email only that she wanted me to hear her. Now if your logic is flawed and you are going to tell someone they are wrong, you cannot expect it to be a monologue. Well in turning this into a dialog I had to take this down memory lane and this resulted in pulling all of the skeletons out of the closet. This was necessary to explain why her logic was flawed and to remind her why our relationship isn’t what she wants but what it is. I had to point out a lot of stuff that she conveniently chooses to forget and give her advice on how she could make better decisions and at the end of it, I was mad. I was mad because she pulls this every year around this time and whether she knowingly does this or not, it’s manipulative, attention seeking and juvenile. All things I hate and I got pulled into her trap. She is insistent on hanging on to her past relationship with my dad and has refused to move in, while everyone else has chosen to because it is the only way to get pst a divorce. She keeps trying to turn things into a pissing contest that she cannot win and never takes advantage of the things I offer to help her move forward.
Mim most mad that I have fallen for this childish shit again.
vent off.
I feel ya, broski. Not wanting to discuss feelings means that you don't want to put forth the energy and introspection to figure out how to change things -- also afraid to confront the possibility that at least part of the problem lies within you, and not the outside world acting against you to make your life miserable. God, I get that. Re: almost my entire fucking family around Merica.

Just make her listen to Jocko Podcast, Ep. 1, and tell her you'll be back for her take on things when she's done.

Went to Costco today and needed gas. Waited in this extremely long line for what felt like hours (more like 15 - 20 min). Pull up to the pump to realize I left my wallet at home. Well, I got cash so we can go to WaWa. As I’m pulling in I notice several pumps out of service. Go in and pay $70 cash. Right away I notice the pump seems really slow……… Literally, with no exaggeration it took almost 35 minutes to pump it all. That is how I wasted over an hour of my day just getting gas.