• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

@Nate1977 ,@CigarStone, @jfields. It keeps shooting a lockout code 6-3. Research shows it could be one of four things. Plumber came by. Was on phone with manufacturer, on phone with distributor, on phone with a guy he called “the sharpest”. He ran a bunch of tests, running hot water, checking out components, said because it’s 6 years old, and because can not find any issue causing 6-3 code (AO smith 50 gallon gas power vented water heater) The damn thing hasn't crapped out completely yet, it simply goes between normal operating and 6-3 lockout code. I thought it would be thermal coupler or something related to heating element, but the plumber said otherwise.

C

Pour one out for another guinea pig. :(

A few weeks ago my wife was setting them back in the enclosure after cleaning it, and this one jumped from her hands and landed near vertically on one of the wall posts. My wife said the little pig folded backwards like a card table, I guess it damaged her spine, because her rear legs ended up paralyzed. After several weeks of nursing her along, fighting infections and fevers, just to still have her steadily losing weight -- and now not wanting to really move at all -- my wife had her euthanized this morning. She's taking it better than the last one, because this was the most likely outcome. She still feels bad because she feels like it was her fault.

'Til Valhalla, Addison!

Different control module. 2DF61B75-0C62-4E3B-A635-C77DB42DA925.jpeg

Attachments

• 2071A435-647F-48DA-9592-7A225553A4DF.jpeg
    2071A435-647F-48DA-9592-7A225553A4DF.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1

A few weeks ago my wife was setting them back in the enclosure after cleaning it, and this one jumped from her hands and landed near vertically on one of the wall posts. My wife said the little pig folded backwards like a card table, I guess it damaged her spine, because her rear legs ended up paralyzed. After several weeks of nursing her along, fighting infections and fevers, just to still have her steadily losing weight -- and now not wanting to really move at all -- my wife had her euthanized this morning. She's taking it better than the last one, because this was the most likely outcome. She still feels bad because she feels like it was her fault.

'Til Valhalla, Addison!
Sorry to hear this Nick.

'Til Valhalla, Addison!
That's a bummer, Nick. It sounds as though your wife did everything she could. Accidents happen and we owe it to them to not put them through unnecessary pain. It's truly the suck part of being a pet owner. I'll smoke one later in the lil guinea pigs honor.

Floyd T

I have worked on similar heaters in the past with this same problem and 99% of the time it is build up on the flame sensing rod. Typically I would just take some emory cloth and clean it really good and heater would fire right up and stay lit.
Picked up some emory cloth. Giving it a try in a bit! Thanks.

I’ll keep you updated.

So I managed to make it to my test appointment yesterday some how , have no idea how.

Test of course came back positive.

Just totally wiped out , If the neck pain would lighten up would be bearable. Have absolutely no energy, and legs feel weird.

Same boat for me. Wife tested positive yesterday and she’s down hard. I’ve been playing nurse since Sunday night and keeping the kids away from her. She has headaches, body aches, thrown up, nausea, can’t barely make it a few steps or do anything without feeling light headed. I think tonight is the first time she ate.

Now I on the other hand, didn’t get tested because I couldn’t find any appointments. I’d got some of the same symptoms as Nate, back pain, neck pain, muscle pain, but that’s really about it. My appetite is normal damn it. It does help to soak in the hot tub. What’s weird is that neither of us have ran fevers. I have woken up the past two nights sweating, which I’m normally hot blooded, but it never happens. Even with our Tempurpedic cooling bed, still wake up drenched.

Pretty positive I have it, just need to find a testing site. I’ve been wearing a mask at home around the kids. Not sure if it’s helping, but none of the 3 are sick. We’ll see. Does Bourbon and cigar smoke kill it? Asking for a sick friend.

Same boat for me. Wife tested positive yesterday and she’s down hard. I’ve been playing nurse since Sunday night and keeping the kids away from her. She has headaches, body aches, thrown up, nausea, can’t barely make it a few steps or do anything without feeling light headed. I think tonight is the first time she ate.

Now I on the other hand, didn’t get tested because I couldn’t find any appointments. I’d got some of the same symptoms as Nate, back pain, neck pain, muscle pain, but that’s really about it. My appetite is normal damn it. It does help to soak in the hot tub. What’s weird is that neither of us have ran fevers. I have woken up the past two nights sweating, which I’m normally hot blooded, but it never happens. Even with our Tempurpedic cooling bed, still wake up drenched.

Pretty positive I have it, just need to find a testing site. I’ve been wearing a mask at home around the kids. Not sure if it’s helping, but none of the 3 are sick. We’ll see. Does Bourbon and cigar smoke kill it? Asking for a sick friend.
Hope you both feel better soon. YES, I believe bourbon and seegars help kill it! Good luck.

Floyd T

Hope you both get through it quick, and the kids stay safe!!

No, bourbon and cigars will not kill it but if I had Covid I would definitely be administering them as my treatment in my hot tub. I hope you both get better soon.