• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

V-Cut, Punch, Guillotine, Scissor Cut? What do you use?

I've been hooked on the punch lately. Besides a torpedo of course.

Light this! said:

I use one of these to accommodate the different ring gauges on the V-cut. I think that I picked it up for around $70 bucks about three years ago and love it.
I downloaded the pic and zoomed in to see what that was, but the lighting in the photograph obliterates the makers name.

Please, what is that? who is the maker?

Really looks slick.

Wish I still had my OpusX "V" cutter...some thief who burglarized my house years ago is probably still using it. Currently using Xikar cutter and punch.

I always use my Colibri V cutter
Hey, welcome back, my dude. Long time no see. Hope all the smoking is well!

Despite the crazy necrobump ("necrohump" is reserved for spammers), I'll chime in. I've been on a punch kick lately, using it almost exclusively for everything but torpedo shapes. I still keep my trusty old Xikar Xi teardrop cutter on me when smoking, just in case or if I need to clip and purge. I was on a Colibri v-cut bender a while back, but only use it occasionally at the moment. Like many here, I have a cigar opener for every occasion, though (like many here) I tend to lean heavily on just one or two of them at any given time.

*EDIT*. Also, I miss so damn many of the old names in this thread. Wish they were more active (or not dead... you know).

Last edited:
Just came here to say that Milwaukee changed the design of the Fastback and it sucks. Lol.

Also, why do y’all cut your cigars? They all come precut.. The REAL question is why am I seeing such an increase in closed foot cigars? 🤔
Is that the old style or new?

I'm not joking that that's what I cut my cigars with BTW.

Is that the old style or new?

I'm not joking that that's what I cut my cigars with BTW.
The one you posted is the old style. That was my EDC knife at work for years. I finally broke it and when I went to swap, the new one was probably 1.5 times the size, didn’t have a pocket clip and didn’t have the release button. I liked it because it was compact and it had the pocket clip. I had to switch to a craftsmen (which also doesn’t have the release button 🙁)

The one you posted is the old style. That was my EDC knife at work for years. I finally broke it and when I went to swap, the new one was probably 1.5 times the size, didn’t have a pocket clip and didn’t have the release button. I liked it because it was compact and it had the pocket clip. I had to switch to a craftsmen (which also doesn’t have the release button 🙁)
Damn, hopefully mine doesn't ever break!