• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s on the grill/smoker today? 2021

I did. I didn’t use apple cider vinegar though and that is one thing I’ll use next time
Personally I don’t like the apple cider vinegar flavor, but I will use apple juice. Sometimes I thin it out with water if I’m low on the apple juice.

I did. I didn’t use apple cider vinegar though and that is one thing I’ll use next time
Personally I don’t like the apple cider vinegar flavor, but I will use apple juice. Sometimes I thin it out with water if I’m low on the apple juice.
I'm assuming to mop it with?

I don't mop or wrap, and it always turns out awesome. Pulled pork is definitely my specialty on the smoker, brisket I haven't mastered yet.

How long did you smoke it and at what temp? There is that stall that you just gotta get through and not pull it too early.
8hrs at 225-275. Stalled at 160 and I wrapped it in foil. Pulled it off when it was 203 and probe tender. It was good and we all enjoyed it, but it was a tad bland, you know what I mean? Maybe more salt on the rub next time. It was definitely juicy though.

8hrs at 225-275. Stalled at 160 and I wrapped it in foil. Pulled it off when it was 203 and probe tender. It was good and we all enjoyed it, but it was a tad bland, you know what I mean? Maybe more salt on the rub next time. It was definitely juicy though.

Bland? No smoke flavor or no seasoning? It looks good from what I can see, but not much bark or smoke ring. Try a new rub on the next one.

I think foil does a good job, but I really like the pink paper better. Academy sells some, that’s cheaper than other places. They also have a lot of rub, in their grilling section.

@cabaiguan juan pork butt is a bland piece of meat to begin with. There are a few things you can do to help with this. 1) Obviously you don't have to wrap it unless you are trying to get through a stall. Not wrapping will allow more smoke into the meat. 2) You can inject your pork butt with some liquid seasoning, a lot of professionals do this. 3) When pulling your pork butt make sure to mix the bark with the inner meat to help spread the flavor around and you can always add a little bit of your dry rub at that time as well. 4) Serve with a sauce

This morning after pic isn't so appetizing but it's more about the recipe. @jfields gave me this recipe and it is now known as "crack in a bowl".

It's a dip made with one pound of Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage (browned and drained), one brick of cream cheese, and two cans of Rotel, eat it on tortilla chips. I tweaked it a bit yesterday by smoking the cream cheese rubbed with four peppers and it added a nice kick to the dip! Black pepper, red pepper, cayenne, and paprika.

1647009817945.png