• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s on the grill/smoker today? 2021

Haha making me want to go get a costo membership
That’s exactly what I was thinking. The benefit I have is I live in a rural area and have friends that own a cattle farm, so we get all our meat from them. They don’t have any tomahawk steaks though.

Oh damn. I just spoke with our friends. They are getting me 2 on Thursday! Happy freakin 4th to me

Last edited:
Probe in the thickest part of the flat? What temp did you take it to?
Took it to 205, probed like butter all throughout the flat and point. But when I sliced it, the grains almost pulled apart, so I’m not sure if I went too far. I hear of people going to 210 with no trouble.

It wasn’t really dry, it just wasn’t as moist as I see most people when they post. Everyone thought it was great when I asked for honest feedback, but I just think I can do better.

ETA: That being said I’m open to all suggestions to improve.

Took it to 205, probed like butter all throughout the flat and point. But when I sliced it, the grains almost pulled apart, so I’m not sure if I went too far. I hear of people going to 210 with no trouble.

It wasn’t really dry, it just wasn’t as moist as I see most people when they post. Everyone thought it was great when I asked for honest feedback, but I just think I can do better.

ETA: That being said I’m open to all suggestions to improve.
Every brisket is a little different, but 203 max temp on flat not 205, big difference. Also make sure your probe isn't in the fat between the point and the flat. I usually leave a little more fat on the flat as well, helps with dryness.

Every brisket is a little different, but 203 max temp on flat not 205, big difference. Also make sure your probe isn't in the fat between the point and the flat. I usually leave a little more fat on the flat as well, helps with dryness.
Yeah, I was wondering if I trimmed it too much. It also probably didn’t help that I bought this on sale last fall and it’s been in the freezer.

202, wrap , throw in cooler , throw a towl over it , close cooler and let sit 4-8 hours