• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s on the grill/smoker today? 2021

I can never remember the pics but I did fourteen chicken breasts on the smoker on Sunday. Had friends over. Half were heavily seasoned and the others with just “Chicken Shit”. Then we had some baked beans I put leftover brisket bits into, and two hours on the smoker. Nailed it! Next time I’ll try to get pics.

Like the pregnant stripper in a one piece once said, “…use yer imagination! Now give me money for the juke box!”

Floyd T

Ya it was touch and go with the temps for a minute. Cut it real close for sure, but turned out fine in that respect.

My smoker is pretty old (they don’t sell replacement parts anymore) so I think that is why the high limit is so low. I’d like to get a new one but for how often I use it, I won’t until it breaks. Just bought new racks for it off Amazon, and that’s about as good as it gets for replacement parts lol.

Ya it was touch and go with the temps for a minute. Cut it real close for sure, but turned out fine in that respect.

My smoker is pretty old (they don’t sell replacement parts anymore) so I think that is why the high limit is so low. I’d like to get a new one but for how often I use it, I won’t until it breaks. Just bought new racks for it off Amazon, and that’s about as good as it gets for replacement parts lol.

So, 250° max.. is that the highest temp printed/stamped on it? Or is that the highest you've personally temp'd it at? May sound obvious, but I've had to correct the knobs on ovens before.. my gf several years back had the knob on her stove set 50 degrees cooler! She inadvertently turned it after cleaning the knob (haha!) and twisting the dial a bit while putting it back on.

But yeah, 250 as a max sounds really low. Have you checked if anyone is selling a same or similar one.. where you could bust it down for parts? If you haven't already, I'd get a thermo in there to see what ambient temps you're actually getting. Don't write off some of those oldies out there!

Chilean Sea Bass and asparagus. Made a white wine, garlic, lemon, butter, and fresh dill.
The asparagus was brushed with sesame oil, cooked on the grill, then finished with sesame seeds at the end. As soon as I took it off the grill I tossed it in Wegman’s Sweet Chili Sauce. Was seriously damn good!
CE899E68-9DF2-490F-9CE0-A6D699337513.jpegA82A691D-0E9D-4103-B209-D0241F49695A.jpeg
E4B9672B-631C-4DC6-BED8-F89948C1B181.jpeg

So, 250° max.. is that the highest temp printed/stamped on it? Or is that the highest you've personally temp'd it at? May sound obvious, but I've had to correct the knobs on ovens before.. my gf several years back had the knob on her stove set 50 degrees cooler! She inadvertently turned it after cleaning the knob (haha!) and twisting the dial a bit while putting it back on.

But yeah, 250 as a max sounds really low. Have you checked if anyone is selling a same or similar one.. where you could bust it down for parts? If you haven't already, I'd get a thermo in there to see what ambient temps you're actually getting. Don't write off some of those oldies out there!
No it is 275 max, and that is temped using the digital readout, but I’ve found that to be close over the years. It does fluctuate but more so due to the word burning and occasional flare that spikes it. But the hysteresis is pretty low.

Chilean Sea Bass and asparagus. Made a white wine, garlic, lemon, butter, and fresh dill.
The asparagus was brushed with sesame oil, cooked on the grill, then finished with sesame seeds at the end. As soon as I took it off the grill I tossed it in Wegman’s Sweet Chili Sauce. Was seriously damn good!
View attachment 58337View attachment 58338
View attachment 58340
That looks freakin great. Love Sea Bass. I need to save this post. Gonna need to try it