• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s on the grill/smoker today? 2021

First time using the smoker thought I would take it easy with some chickens since they are cheap and no harm if I mess them upView attachment 59535
Ok, I gotta say it. The top one looks like a $2 whore!!! Legs spread wide open and, well, you know the rest! I'm just sayin'! It's the first thing that came to mind when I saw yer pic. :eek:

Floyd T

Turned out pretty good! A bit too moist perhaps and I'm sure I wouldn't win any competitions but I'm sure happy to eat it.
View attachment 59406View attachment 59407View attachment 59408
Jon,

Ain't no such thing as a "too moist" brisket. I've seen some folks carve up some "leather' that'd make Danner envious. That looks damn good, my friend. If it pulls apart easily, you nailed it. Job well done.

Floyd T
Amateur smoker whose opinion means less than jack!

Turned out pretty good! A bit too moist perhaps and I'm sure I wouldn't win any competitions but I'm sure happy to eat it.
View attachment 59406View attachment 59407View attachment 59408
Jon,

Ain't no such thing as a "too moist" brisket. I've seen some folks carve up some "leather' that'd make Danner envious. That looks damn good, my friend. If it pulls apart easily, you nailed it. Job well done.

Floyd T
Amateur smoker whose opinion means less than jack!
Agreed with @SKYDIVNEKD. I've done some brisket before where it was so tender that it just fell apart as you cut it. And it was just delicious!

Shoot me your recipe if you get a chance. Those look amazing
Season both sides of chicken with dry rub (I used Meat Church’s VooDoo and a peach rub from my SS). Wrap cream cheese stuffed jalapeños in chicken. Wrap in bacon and place in aluminum pan. Apply a bit more rub and a pad of butter on each piece. Smoke at 300° for about 45 minutes. Then cover aluminum pan with foil. Cook until IT of 145°. Pull chicken out of the butter/bacon grease pan and cook directly in the grate until 160°. Glaze with sauce and put back on smoker until done.

Glaze:
1/3 honey
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Optional 1 tablespoon of spicy honey
A dash or two of dry rub
Mix and heat in microwave until thin