• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s on the grill/smoker today? 2021

Nice bark Floyd! How was it? I usually wrap at 165 and pull between 200-205 and put in a cooler with some old towels. It stays hot for hours and the pink paper really maintains the moisture.

Brandon,

According to my friends, and Michelle, it turned out really good. Sadly the slaw that Hyvee had wasn't very good, but it was still edible. I temped it before pulling off and it was between 190 and 206 in different areas. I believe letting it sit in the oven for a spell, may have helped it even out. I was just happy it turned out. I enjoy giving it to other folks and them liking it and asking for more. Good for the soul!

Floyd T

Brandon,

According to my friends, and Michelle, it turned out really good. Sadly the slaw that Hyvee had wasn't very good, but it was still edible. I temped it before pulling off and it was between 190 and 206 in different areas. I believe letting it sit in the oven for a spell, may have helped it even out. I was just happy it turned out. I enjoy giving it to other folks and them liking it and asking for more. Good for the soul!

Floyd T
If you're looking for a new Cole Slaw recipe try this.......

Mix the following in a big bowl then add the shredded cabbage.
1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
¼ cup white sugar
¼ cup grated carrots
2 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 table spoon celery seed
kosher salt and pepper
Shred a medium head of cabbage

Make it a good 6 hours or even a day a head of when needed. The cabbage releases a lot of liquid over time so don’t worry too much if there isn’t a lot of dressing right off.

Last edited:
If you're looking for a new Cole Slaw recipe try this.......

Mix the following in a big bowl then add the shredded cabbage.
1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
¼ cup white sugar
¼ cup grated carrots
2 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 table spoon celery seed
kosher salt and pepper
Shred a medium head of cabbage

Make it a good 6 hours or even a day a head of when needed. The cabbage releases a lot of liquid over time so don’t worry too much if there isn’t a lot of dressing right off.
Thank you sir. I believe I may even try to make this the "fake" way, too. This may be an alternative for me. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Floyd T
PS: "Fake" means with dairy free yogurt(almond) and Miracle Whip. May not work, but worth a shot.

Thank you sir. I believe I may even try to make this the "fake" way, too. This may be an alternative for me. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Floyd T
PS: "Fake" means with dairy free yogurt(almond) and Miracle Whip. May not work, but worth a shot.
I think both of those substitutes will work out fine.

Start with some nice thick double cut chops, brine for 6 hours, add some dry rub, smoke for 1 1/2 hours, then a quick sear on a very hot sear plate on the grill. Add some grilled asparagus, smoked onion, and salt potatoes and you’ve got a meal! Followed with with an Ashton VSG Sorcerer out on the deck for dessert. All in all a nice evening.
8C6B3D1D-5FC7-49C1-B0EF-5C774188773F.jpeg1C066703-B069-4BD7-A5E8-C72342E30D51.jpeg
E51DFDB6-5266-4E3A-BB18-7F1ADDCEDF7F.jpeg

Omg best wings I've done so far! Bad news...the treager temp dropped and started pouring out smoke. Think it's time for a deep cleaning...