• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today? 2013

gallery_1425_1181_63108.jpg

gallery_1425_1181_18638.jpg

I bought a growler of Dogfish Head Bitches Brew and it is really, really good :thumbs:

A thick, dark, almost syrupy body that reminded me of an aged balsamic vinegar in consistency and it has a unique finish I can't put my finger on...but it's something I've tasted before. Nothing I've tasted in a beer, but in another type of liquor. It was a little pricey at $29.95 for the growler, but worth every penny after drinking a few....every sip had me thinking what it tasted like.

ironpeddler said:
I bought a growler of Dogfish Head Bitches Brew and it is really, really good :thumbs:

A thick, dark, almost syrupy body that reminded me of an aged balsamic vinegar in consistency and it has a unique finish I can't put my finger on...but it's something I've tasted before. Nothing I've tasted in a beer, but in another type of liquor. It was a little pricey at $29.95 for the growler, but worth every penny after drinking a few....every sip had me thinking what it tasted like.

Yup, agreed. Not sure whether its the root or honey or the combo, but definitely a good brew. I'd buy a growlers worth if I could find it one tap.

Tonight a Deschutes Black Butte XXV to start with...

Hey Joe, how was the Black Butte XXV?  I've seen it on shelves but haven't pulled the trigger because XXIV wasn't that great, IMO.

The Black Cloud said:
Hey Joe, how was the Black Butte XXV?  I've seen it on shelves but haven't pulled the trigger because XXIV wasn't that great, IMO.

It seemed a bit on the thin side, and lacking in oak/bourbon flavor(which I'd hoped for). I didn't expect a whole lot because it was still fairly fresh. Had a XXIV last week after acquiring a bunch of the XXV and it was much better with a year on it.

Also drank up an '12 Avery Czar last night that went down well.

**edited for grammar**

ironpeddler said:

I like the nice dry, earthy, honey finish on this beer. Great even I the summer.

Had a DFH Rizing Bhines last night....... Meh!

Joebunaga said:

Yup, agreed. Not sure whether its the root or honey or the combo, but definitely a good brew. I'd buy a growlers worth if I could find it one tap.

Tonight a Deschutes Black Butte XXV to start with...

jfields said:

I like the nice dry, earthy, honey finish on this beer. Great even I the summer.

Had a DFH Rizing Bhines last night....... Meh!

I hear ya guys...there's quite a bit going on in this brew to say the least.The best thing was, it was drinkable right now...no aging needed.

MoeCizlak said:
Doc, I'm telling Bill you're encroaching upon his territory.

Mick and John, I've not had a better Coconut Stout than Maui Brewing's offering.  I'm not sure how they do it, but that stuff is the best I've tried.

Maui Brewing coconut porter is excellent.

Great Lakes Oktoberfest!  I love the Octoberfest beers this time of year.

Leinenkugel's Octoberfest and Hoppe Helles. I do like the Helles a lot.

The Black Cloud said:
Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch Weasel.  It's pricey, but I recommend.
i3iam1.jpg
Damn! Not in the state of Va!

ISO .............

Just had a Fat Jack and an DFH Punk. I wish the weather would stay cool. Making it hard to get in the mood.

John, can you get some Heady Topper?  If so maybe we can work out a trade.  

Drinking my last Lagunitas Sucks.  Man, I can't wait until the next batch arrives in stores.

The Black Cloud said:
John, can you get some Heady Topper?  If so maybe we can work out a trade.  

Drinking my last Lagunitas Sucks.  Man, I can't wait until the next batch arrives in stores.

Heady Topper is strictly distributed to VT only and it is a tiny brewery with very limited production.